PDA

View Full Version : Power Palooza

joey54
04-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Nevermind. I have no clue how to transfer the picture on my iPhone. It was of our 165'er Chad squatting 500. Will try to put it on when I get home. Chad missed all three bench attempts and is getting ready to warm up on deadlift.

joey54
04-17-2010, 10:09 PM
http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?fid=Inbox&mid=1_19910_AOMMDUwAAW5MS8nq2gp82j2Ml4g&pid=2&tnef=&YY=1271562919953&newid=1&clean=0&inline=1

This works. I think this was actually his 475 opener now looking at it. He missed 500 on the second, but got the third. Missed all thre 280 lb bench attempts, with the third being the closest. Got 420 and 450 on the deadlift. Missed a 465 which would have been a pr. All in all, not a bad day. If Chad could have squeezed out one of those benches, he would have had a 1230 total at 165 lbs in his first meet, in just over 6 months of powerlifting training. Will see if I can get some more pics and videos of our lifters tomorrow. Like I said in my journal, if you are at this meet feel free to introduce yourself to me tomorrow. I will be there helping our guys out.

joey54
04-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Day 2.

Here are videos of Ray's 3 attempts with the deadlift. He got 630 lbs on his opener and gave 685 lbs two tries. Thought he might have got it on his last attempt, but understand why he didn't get it. 600 lb squat, 315 lb bench, and 630 lb dead in single ply gear at 61 years old is a pretty good day. Don't have bench or squat videos because I lifted off and back spotted. These ones are from my iphone, so they aren't HD quality.

KrajohE7SKw

9Qlx6s9bSEw

DH4K49pdwo0

joey54
04-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Here are Will's bench attempts. He hit 600 lbs on his 2nd attempt. I have no clue why I thought he didn't touch it at the end of the video, because watching it he clearly does. I don't think I ever heard the press call at the time, so that is why I might have said it. Anyway, this is a 65 lb PR for him, and I think the 635 lbs he did on the final attempt isn't that far away either.

565- maybe too light?

yThbd9LW3jU

6vdvRR_ZCiU

I was sending the videos to our other team member who couldn't make it out today, so that is who I am talking to.

0HK_m07a9_4

Little funny side story. You can see it on the first video too. The head judge said Will's belt wasn't showing through the singlet he had on, so Bentz ripped the hole to make it wider, but completely ripped it down the front. For his second and third attempts it was held together by duct tape and safety pins.

joey54
04-18-2010, 08:09 PM
The last 3 videos are of Stan, another bench only competitor from our gym. He hit all three attempts, 585, 610, and 625. Set a record on his second attempt and increased it on his third. Stan is going to start a new trend in powerlifting, because we are certain other benchers are going to start wearing a seat belt around their shirt like this.

AbW3Z_-5cCw

sCcX0NzCx3E

BFByuM5U27I

joey54
04-18-2010, 08:18 PM
If I can get videos of Chad's lifts and Ray's squat and bench attempts I will put them up. Pretty good weekend of lifting for our gym. We have Bentz, Darren, and Shay(he is still a part time member) lifting at the meet in New Jersey in May. Mike and I will both be doing something in a raw division in the near future. I was thinking end of summer for myself. As I always say when I post our videos, if you live in Central PA and are tired of your commercial gym, come train with us. We have raw and geared guys, we all help each other out, and we would love to have more of the right people with us.

Good weekend of lifting for a lot of others as well. Two people stood out in my mind. I don't know the kid's name, but he buggered his knee up something fierce warming up when squatting and put together a pretty good meet for himself Saturday. On Sunday I was really impressed by the young McCloskey girl missing 280 twice on the bench and getting it on her third attempt.. There was also a huge dude who benched 540 lbs raw (Joe McDonald?, not the best with names) and Patrick Mingoes put up some nice raw lifts.