PDA

View Full Version : tylergrip vs fat gripz

gmen5681
04-17-2010, 03:49 PM
anyone used both? pros and cons.
one pro that i see now is that Tyler Grips are in stock on elites website.
Tyler Grips (http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=2454)
Fat Gripz (http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=3181)

they are about the same price. the Tyler Grips are on sale right now for 32 bucks tho? looking for people with experience on one or both. thanks.

ehopkins932
04-17-2010, 10:08 PM
I have the fat grips and they are a good product. No complaints from me. They go on and come off easily. If you lift in a gym that doesnt allow chalk they will be super hard to grip deadlifting or any double overhand-movement.

Never heard of tyler grips, they seem similar though.

gmen5681
04-18-2010, 05:57 AM
my gym allows chalk plus i have pretty big hands anyways. one difference i see is that the tyler grips are coned shaped a little. it said on the website that it tries to force your hand open with the shape. so i would think the shape would go opposite and the the bigger end of the grip would be where i would grip with my pinkies and the smaller with my index finger. hopefully someone will chime in soon on the tyler grips.

Tom Mutaffis
04-18-2010, 06:28 AM
anyone used both? pros and cons.
one pro that i see now is that Tyler Grips are in stock on elites website.
Tyler Grips (http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=2454)
Fat Gripz (http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=3181)

they are about the same price. the Tyler Grips are on sale right now for 32 bucks tho? looking for people with experience on one or both. thanks.

I have the Fat Gripz and am pleased with them. Your best bet is to purchase directly from FatGripz - they have fast shipping and it is free (FatGripz are also currently out of stock on Elite).

cpa5oh
04-18-2010, 04:47 PM
I've got the Tyler Grips and wouldn't recommend them because they do not fit around standard dumbbell handles (a little too big, so there's alot of play in them.) They do work on lat pulldown bars and any barbell I tried them on, so they aren't useless. I tried to email the company and they never responded. Also tried to cut a bit off of them to make them 'smaller' but I couldn't even get close to cutting through them.

If the fat gripz work on dumbbell handles without being loose, I think it's a no brainer.

Bob
04-18-2010, 07:36 PM
I've had the Tyler Grips for about 3 yrs.. no complaints.. love them...
Don't know cpa's issue about the DBs... I used them on a bunch of different styles of DBs..

The one thing that is really cool about the Tyler grips is that one end is fatter then the other... so you can work on different thicknesses of a thick bar...
Handy if you are training for a strongman comps... and need to be prepared for various thicknesses of fat bar..

Iplan
04-18-2010, 10:13 PM
From website:
"The TYLERGRIP fatigues the fingers, hands, forearms, and biceps more quickly and more thoroughly, without any increase in the number of sets or time spent working out!"

Does it do what it says it does?

gmen5681
04-19-2010, 02:49 AM
it definitely seems like it would. you would have to tease up your whole arm to hold onto a bigger handle like that. just seems like the fat gripz are a better idea. wouldn't want to put a cone shaped handle on the BB for benching.

Bob
04-19-2010, 07:23 AM
just seems like the fat gripz are a better idea. wouldn't want to put a cone shaped handle on the BB for benching.
Don't knock it until you've tried it.. both work the same way, just the Tylers give you more options.
With both of them, you don't take anywhere near your max BP out of the rack when you first use them.. they sissyfy you real quick unless you already have long fingers and a great grip.

Fat Grips is newer, has better marketing and a cooler name...
Tyler Grips is from more of a mom-n-pop company, no marketing and not a representative name... cooler color though - black vs. baby blue.. :p

From website:
"The TYLERGRIP fatigues the fingers, hands, forearms, and biceps more quickly and more thoroughly, without any increase in the number of sets or time spent working out!"

Does it do what it says it does?
And YES.. they do what they say...
But, they will both do this...

Andre518
04-19-2010, 07:43 AM
I have had the Fat Gripz since x-mas and like them a lot. I use them on Bench, DB, Lat P/D, and any thing else I can think to play with. I heard about the Tyler Grips after I had my FGZ and I am thinking of getting a pair of them as well they look like they would great to have on had to a little bit of a switch up from the FGZ. I would 100% recommend you getting at least a pair of the FGZ you will not be disappointed.

NickAus
04-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Fatgripz!

CosmicForce
12-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Does anyone who uses Fat Gripz still feel the need to do additional grip/forearm work? I am considering purchasing a pair.

gmen5681
12-01-2010, 03:29 PM
i ended up buying the fat gripz and i use them about once a week. i usually put them on for the high rep stuff, like bent over DB rows or BB rows or even throw them on DB for high rep pressing. they definitely wear your grip out. but i usually add some COC grip work in the week too.

kingns
12-04-2010, 09:02 PM
I like the fat gripz. I got them a year ago and really like them. I have not used the tyler grips but a good friend of mine tries to say they are better because they don't stay on as well, are more squishy and require you to grip harder. I think the fat gripz make it like a fat bar, I dont want a squishy bar.