PDA

View Full Version : Outside GPP

vdizenzo
04-18-2010, 08:43 PM
Spring is in the air. What's your favorite outside gpp.

I think it's fun to put medleys together. I have lots of toys now so I can do some fun torture sessions. Here's one:

Tire flip 75'x2, then sled drag 75'x2, and then finish with farmers handles 75'x2

For those without the toys, you can make some fun medleys with a bunch of sand and a few army surplus duffel bags

Travis Bell
04-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Tire flips are indeed fun.

Usually I'll do sets of 50'

Prowler push is another favorite of mine. Typically sets of 80yds

I like the prowler because you can make it progressively heavier, whereas my tires are always 500 stinkin lbs.

jbrin0tk
04-18-2010, 10:02 PM
I wish I had a tire. Well, more importantly the space to use one. I know they are easy and cheap to get.

I typically just run, push the Prowler, or jump rope for my GPP. None of them are very creative or inventive. Most would say running is boring. However, they get the job done and have served to raise my work capacity pretty well.

That being said, I think that some of the ideas for circuits or medleys are pretty cool. Truth be told, half the time I'm just being lazy and don't want to think of cool things like that, haha. I just stick to my boring methods that still kick my tail pretty well.

Off Road
04-18-2010, 10:18 PM
"Escape from LA"

Take your basketball to the court. Step up to the free throw line. Make as many free throws as you can in 20 minutes. Run, jog, or walk after the ball and always return to the free throw line for your next shot. Keep track and try to make more shots the next time. It's pretty fun and gets you moving around for 20 minutes, moving and resting, moving and resting...

and of course sled pulling [twice a week] is my mainstay.

Mark!
04-18-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm going to be grabbing some sand bags, and maybe a tire for the back yard, probably not until next spring though. This year it's atlas stones in the garage.

Keith
04-19-2010, 08:57 AM
0703-G1Z7Jg

IronDiggy
05-17-2010, 09:45 AM
I have no toys yet to for me it's running up and down hills. Or trying to beat the dog to the tennis ball....

Although new work benefits will buy me fitness equipment so I might see if they'll buy me a sled and some plates for dragging.
I'd love to get a prowler but there's no room for that where I live(or else I'd have a tire too, my family has a farm with lots of various tires for flipping)