PDA

View Full Version : Best weight gaining protein?

thecourtside
04-22-2010, 06:16 PM
I have been lifting for the past 3 months consistently and really need a good protein to take down every day in order to gain weight. I am currently 128 pounds and 5'11 (morbidly skinny lol). I use to weigh 145 but got very sick and never put the weight back on me.

Thanks in advance for any advice/comments

VikingWarlord
04-22-2010, 06:22 PM
There isn't a "best weight gaining protein". You don't seem to really understand what it is to gain weight.

Eat everything that isn't nailed down and train your ass off. If you gain too much too fast, eat less. It's not rocket science and doesn't require you spend money on any kind of supplement.

thecourtside
04-22-2010, 06:45 PM
sorry..let me rephrase the question. what is the best tasting weight gaining protein shake formula.

VikingWarlord
04-23-2010, 07:28 AM
That doesn't change my earlier post. I'll bet anything your diet sucks and you'd be pissing away money on a "weight gainer". They're not magic, they're just loaded with sugar to boost the caloric content. Just eat more actual food. It's cheaper and better. Make your own shakes using whatever you like.

Throw a bunch of stuff in a blender, puree, drink.

thecourtside
04-23-2010, 07:50 AM
That doesn't change my earlier post. I'll bet anything your diet sucks and you'd be pissing away money on a "weight gainer". They're not magic, they're just loaded with sugar to boost the caloric content. Just eat more actual food. It's cheaper and better. Make your own shakes using whatever you like.

Throw a bunch of stuff in a blender, puree, drink.

thanks i'll follow your advice. you are right about my diet 'sucking'

StLRPh
04-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Whole milk

Off Road
04-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Nitrean from AtLarge Nutrition is my favorite protein. It is a blend of different protein sources to give you sustained release over a longer time period. You could use that as the base for your weight gain shakes and then add quality carb sources to make it more calorie dense. Oats, fruits, and peanut butter are good additions to throw into the blender with the Nitrean.

Nicky
04-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Whole milk

This works!!