PDA

View Full Version : 270x10 bench, 2nd month of 5/3/1

combatzr2
04-24-2010, 11:26 AM
this is my second month of 5/3/1 5rep week on bench i did 270x10 you can call it 9 if you like, my soldier stepped in the way of the cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgyQttcrRrM

joey54
04-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Good work. 9 would have sufficed. Leave a little in the tank.

Mike G
04-25-2010, 09:06 AM
Doesn't seem like you are really getting set. Your feet are still moving as you take the weight and continue to do so throughout the first rep. It's a solid set, but I think if you take a little more time getting tight, you'll notice a difference.

This is just personal preference, but I would also get back on the bench more. You have to really rely on your spotter being that far away from the hooks and it's one more way to lose tightness, because you're reaching back so far. It also looks like your spotter lets go pretty early, when the weight is still moving forward.

combatzr2
04-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Doesn't seem like you are really getting set. Your feet are still moving as you take the weight and continue to do so throughout the first rep. It's a solid set, but I think if you take a little more time getting tight, you'll notice a difference.

This is just personal preference, but I would also get back on the bench more. You have to really rely on your spotter being that far away from the hooks and it's one more way to lose tightness, because you're reaching back so far. It also looks like your spotter lets go pretty early, when the weight is still moving forward.

hey Mike i noticed the same thing after i watched the video. I normally get back farther on the bench, that time i have no clue why i sat so far up. and yes you are right, the spotter did let go of the weight before i was set at the top, my fault, working out with solders who have no clue are useless but i must do what i must do. but i'll let the blame fall on myself. and i have been told to get set better before the bar comes off the rack. Getting better still but thanks for the advice i need all i can get!

Brian C
04-28-2010, 08:46 PM
I like setting up with my nose under the bar. Seems to be the perfect distance for me. Nice bar path. Like said, get that lower end nice and tight. Great job though!