PDA

View Full Version : Sumo form check

Brian C
04-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Hey everyone, trying to get my pull strength back and am a little disappointed in my pull strength right now. I shot these vids from yesterdays session. The first is 475 and moved pretty darn slow. The second is 485 and I adjusted my feet a bit further out and the weight moved a little better. Anything anyone see that I should adjust or any suggestions on how to get it moving faster? Sticking below the knee, so heavy rack pull/ 4" block pulls? Thanks

475:
tWkcQClNKY4

485: moved a little better
LGxFObAZiUE

sambone
04-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Looks solid Brian. Don't see anything that needs to be fixed. Good work.

Lones Green
04-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Yeah your form looks pretty good Brian.

I'd do like you said, rack pulls (with bands are great), block pulls, GHR's, lower back work, etc

abbcccxyyzzz
04-25-2010, 05:12 PM
From that angle, your form is spot on. Your explosion can be improved with band training (but its not that bad.... not sure what percentage of a max this was). You loose speed at around midshin to knee level; a favorite of mine for that particular weak spot would be doing good mornings. I recommend doing a low-bar seated version which is the most safest and allows you to really load up the weight, and try not to worry so much about depth; its a small movement.

vdizenzo
04-25-2010, 08:24 PM
What kind of shoes are you wearing?

Brian Hopper
04-25-2010, 08:26 PM

I'd do like you said, rack pulls (with bands are great), block pulls, GHR's, lower back work, etc

I agree, your form looked pretty good. You could start working on speed pulls against bands to help with your explosion off the floor. Like Lones said, do some heavy rack pulls, block pulls, GHR's, reverse hypers, etc.

How much further did you move your feet out? Your speed was alot faster with 485 then with 475.

joey54
04-25-2010, 08:41 PM
From that angle, your form is spot on. Your explosion can be improved with band training (but its not that bad.... not sure what percentage of a max this was). You loose speed at around midshin to knee level; a favorite of mine for that particular weak spot would be doing good mornings. I recommend doing a low-bar seated version which is the most safest and allows you to really load up the weight, and try not to worry so much about depth; its a small movement.

Should you be giving out any advice right now?

Brian C
04-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Looks solid Brian. Don't see anything that needs to be fixed. Good work.

Thanks guys. And thank you Lones for the suggestions.

Brian C
04-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the advice bud!

What kind of shoes are you wearing?
Vin, They are all black Chucks and black soccer socks

I agree, your form looked pretty good. You could start working on speed pulls against bands to help with your explosion off the floor. Like Lones said, do some heavy rack pulls, block pulls, GHR's, reverse hypers, etc.

How much further did you move your feet out? Your speed was alot faster with 485 then with 475.

Thanks a lot Brian. I just started doing speed pulls last week, so ill keep on doing them. The first pull, I had my feet just inside the rings. The second, I set them up just outside the rings.

vdizenzo
04-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Looking at your feet, you look like you might come a little forward on your toes as you start to pull and then transition to your heels. I can't be sure from the color of your shoes and the vid. Might be something to check out.

Brian C
04-25-2010, 09:31 PM
Looking at your feet, you look like you might come a little forward on your toes as you start to pull and then transition to your heels. I can't be sure from the color of your shoes and the vid. Might be something to check out.

I think your right Vin. Im going to take vid from the sideview and see if thats the case. Thanks