PDA

View Full Version : Squat Form Check

Mark!
04-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Is it too bad? I know it's bad, but don't know exaclty HOW bad. This is my PR 365x1, 2nd attempt. First attempt felt much easier, but wasn't recorded so I tried it again. I know I lean forward on the way up, I didn't keep my elbows under me. This is a huge PR for me. 315 was my best at the beginning of this year, but I've corrected some form issues and such with my trainer. Any comments/critiques are extremely welcome and appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhKEmzcYn08

Buccos1
04-26-2010, 04:30 AM
That wasn't too bad of a squat. Congrats on the PR! Try to keep your arch throughout the entire squat. It looked like you lost some tightness in the bottom and were trying to catch up the last 1/3 of the movement (hips rising too fast). Maybe try taking fewer steps out of the rack before descent. This helped me out a lot, practicing this.

Mark!
04-26-2010, 07:24 AM
Yeah that was one thing that we touched on when I first started working with my trainer, I took way too many steps back after racking the weight. My arch is terrible with this squat. I need to work on keeping my head in the bar more. We'll get it done. Thanks so much for taking the time to watch and critique!.

Brian C
04-28-2010, 08:39 PM
You totally GMed that on the way up. Try and keep that back tight and arched and remember Big Chest, keep the chest up. If you can, bring your elbows as much under the bar as you can. That will help getting your chest up. Congrats on the PR too:thumbup: