PDA

View Full Version : Updated Pics of Monster Barbell and Power Rack Mono Head (I hope).

mastermonster
04-25-2010, 09:07 PM
I hope this works. Here are some updated pics of 'Monster Barbell'. Me and Kerry ran the wiring and hung the lights and boxes today for Tim to do the final hookups tomarrow. It'll be good to get the A/C going. It's getting hot down here in Bama! The wood piece leaning by the wall on pic #22 is the squat floor for the rack to use with the monolift head for wide stance squat. I took the pic from the bottom to show how we framed it out. The other side is covered with plywood and carpet. The seated calf is from the Univ. of Tn.'s fieldhouse. The new coach sold the old stuff and bought new. Pam is already pushing me to get the pads recovered! She said Tn. orange gives her a rash!!! Roll Tide!

http://cid-ddf9e4f90698fe6d.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/More%20Monster%20Barbell

douglasoh5
04-25-2010, 09:10 PM
pix are really small but looks like you got you a nice place to train Buddy

mastermonster
04-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Thanks Douglas! They should enlarge when you click on them.

Brian C
04-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Looks awesome! I want one for my driveway

Beverly McD.
04-26-2010, 06:20 AM
Nice set up Buddy!

Brian Hopper
04-26-2010, 09:11 AM
It looks cool, I like #12 with all the shirts hanging up.

mastermonster
04-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks everybody! I hope to add more squat suits in there soon. Right now only 3 squatters (2 equipped).

mastermonster
04-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Bev; what you told me a while back is right! I wonder why I didn't do this a long time ago!

mastermonster
04-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Bev, we may have picked up a diamond in the rough tonight. I've been training my neighbors son Josh (13YO) now for a couple of weeks on Tuesdays and Thursdays to get him ready to play J.V. Football next year. His Dad (Johnny) is a big Physical guy at 6'5" and 310 lbs. and 42 YO. He was a big H.S. nose tackle here at Southside in the mid 80s. I invited him to come over and try lifting with us last week and he came over to squat tonight. Hasn't lifted in 13 years. His squat form was supprisingly good and he went up to 415 for 5 reps (only a couple of inches high). He showed no fear of the weight at all. He said he'd be back for deadlifts. I hope he stays! You may have seen him at the Alabama. He was the big tall guy there with his son watching the meet.

Beverly McD.
04-29-2010, 08:20 AM
That's a big man Buddy! Get him interested then teach him to spot lol.
I agree on "diamond in the rough". A former athlete, even if he's done little to nothing in recent years, still carries the knowledge of what it feels like to strain and push his body past the comfort zone. Sounds like the arrangement could be a positive for all of you.

mastermonster
05-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Bev; Johnny came back to deadlift. Again, pleasantly supprized. He'd not deadlifted before (wasn't in their training program in H.S.). I showed him and explained the technique one time and he got it 1st set. He's a little stiff in the Achilles tendons and it was a little tough keeping his weight on the heels, so that's a prioriety to work on. He worked up to 3 sets of 3 with 315. I talked him into staying there and being patient. I'm quite sure he could have done at least 405 x 1 but I don't want to push things too quickly. I hope bench goes as well Monday!