PDA

View Full Version : Power belt causing hip bruising

Raleighwood
04-26-2010, 02:40 PM
I recently began training with an Inzer Forever 4" 10mm belt, after my last couple training sessions I've noticed some pain when I am at the bottom of the hole when squatting. It feels like the belt is pinching skin. I believe this is causing some bruising on my hips afterward.

Is this normal? Is the belt too wide for me? Will this issue go away as the belt becomes a little more broken in?

Should I just man up and get over it?

Thanks in advance.

SEOINAGE
04-26-2010, 02:48 PM
i've had my belt for almost a year and it still does it. You are the same height as me, I know I have a short torso which might effect it I don't know. I try to wear it in a way so it doesn't pinch too badly, but I am still left with some bruising and broken blood vessel marks.

AdamBAG
04-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Man up.

sayagain
04-26-2010, 04:28 PM
I have a long torso, and occasionally will pinch some skin and cause red marks. I'm with AdamBAG, man up.

joey54
04-26-2010, 07:13 PM
It will become more bearable. Do you have it too tight?

Sensei
04-26-2010, 07:31 PM
It will break in, but it will take a while. Wear it a little looser in the meantime. The more you wear it, the quicker the process will be.

robchris
04-26-2010, 08:29 PM
Break it in bro... Inzer forever is a great belt. Like sensei said, wear it a little looser during the break-in period.

Try pushing out w/ your abs hard against it in the hole... Dosent have to be too tight to get the support you need.

Raleighwood
04-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the advice... I've been putting it on as tight as possible; blowing all my air out, then sucking in my stomach as much as possible when fitting it.

I supposed loosening it up a bit to where a full belly of air and outward ab pressure against the belt can be felt should work.

Travis Bell
04-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Might try moving the belt a little higher off your hips too.

Tom Mutaffis
04-27-2010, 08:51 AM
I recently began training with an Inzer Forever 4" 10mm belt, after my last couple training sessions I've noticed some pain when I am at the bottom of the hole when squatting. It feels like the belt is pinching skin. I believe this is causing some bruising on my hips afterward.

Is this normal? Is the belt too wide for me? Will this issue go away as the belt becomes a little more broken in?

Should I just man up and get over it?

Thanks in advance.

You might want to try wearing the belt an inch or two higher than the current position.

Another solution would be to pick up one of those neoprene 'ab warmer' belts for $10-15 and wear that under your power belt, then you will not have to worry about pinching skin.

IronDiggy
04-27-2010, 09:43 AM
I got the same belt but 13mm.
Pinched really bad when I got it.
Still pinches some but I don't notice it.
Best bet is to break your belt in and after a while you won't notice it too much.

Bergs
04-27-2010, 10:28 AM
It happens to me even after having my belt for the better part of three years. I just make sure I tuck as much of my lovehandle fat into my belt as possible :D If it sticks out below, it'll pinch and definitely distract me from the squat at hand!

theBarzeen
04-27-2010, 05:18 PM
it'll get better as it breaks in..... until then man up, compared to the welts a good shirt and brief/ suit will leave the belt bruising isn't so bad.......

or option 2

gain so much weight that the belt touches somewhere mid-quad because your belly is so big......