PDA

View Full Version : Squat video April 27, 2010

BigTallOx
04-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Today I had to squat at the fitness center where I used to lift before I started powerlifting. I was watching my video, which I realize wasn't taken from the best angle but it was good enough for me to realize a few important things. I know that squatting 405 isn't a big deal for most powerlifters here on this forum, and tonight I realized that it's not for me anymore either. Watch how easy 405x2 is. Second, my feet now go out to the edge of this squat rack ( I had problems doing that before, i.e. before when I used to lift here all the time ), and my shins stay pretty perpendicular now ( really important IMHO since that limits my range of motion compared to before when they'd travel forward ). Sorry about babbling, but I think my squat technique is making good progress and it makes me really happy, here's the video of the 405 only ( I worked up to a super easy 495, but the bars at Golds felt so floppy with only 495, I decided I better stop going up ).

ztV63NsDFjA

thewicked
04-27-2010, 06:54 PM
the only person who could've put that camera there is YOU HAHA!

squats looked effortless man great job!

Cricket_Fire
04-27-2010, 07:01 PM
Looked real light hahah

Do you frequently have the hooks at the point where you have to "swim" the bar out of them? Only ask because I used to set up like that and buggered up my back; pretty sure that was the cause

Brian Hopper
04-27-2010, 07:38 PM
It did look pretty easy, good job BTO!!!!!

ThomasG
04-27-2010, 07:40 PM
What golds is that? Big sandy?

BigTallOx
04-27-2010, 07:50 PM
What golds is that? Big sandy?

American Fork, Utah

BigTallOx
04-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Looked real light hahah

Do you frequently have the hooks at the point where you have to "swim" the bar out of them? Only ask because I used to set up like that and buggered up my back; pretty sure that was the cause

Yeah, it was too high with my wider stance, I lowered it on my next squat. The holes are kind of in between where I'd normally set our monolift. So to answer your question, NO I don't normally squat from this height.

ThomasG
04-27-2010, 07:58 PM
American Fork, Utah

O never been to that one. The south sandy golds is actually pretty badass, we have some powerlifters and bodybuilders there.

BigTallOx
04-27-2010, 09:01 PM
O never been to that one. The south sandy golds is actually pretty badass, we have some powerlifters and bodybuilders there.

The one on 7th east and around 90th south? If so, yeah, I was lifting there pretty often. I know some powerlifters who train there, some were at the meet.

AJ Roberts
04-27-2010, 09:30 PM
Looks like your making good progress. Really try to keep you back arched in the hole though, you let your back get rounded which caused the bar to travel forward.

BigTallOx
04-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Looks like your making good progress. Really try to keep you back arched in the hole though, you let your back get rounded which caused the bar to travel forward.

OK, thanks.