PDA

View Full Version : going on vacation... meal ideas

Davy_Baby9
04-30-2010, 11:21 PM
So it's not really a vacation...but Monday morning I leave for up north with 20 other students on a week long geology expedition for college. I'm trying to stay strict to my diet, and I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I'm doing a carb rotation type diet, if that helps. I know everybody else in the class will be eating fast food pretty much 2-3 times a day, and I definitely don't want to. If I HAVE to I will get whatever grilled chicken sandwich I can find. Anybody have any suggestions on what I could take with me? It's horrible timing because I just ran out of Novus protein bars, which I would have taken a bunch up there with me. What would be the best over the counter protein bar?? lol. I was going to take a lot of pretzels too. Anything ideas would help.

fixationdarknes
05-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Well, these kinds of things can be tough but if it were me I wouldn't leave the house without a full supply of peanut butter, mixed nuts, and protein powder.

Skalami
05-10-2010, 07:31 AM
get some other protein bars? hitup GNC and see if they have clearances... you can get some decent bars like Detour or that new high quality protein bar (damn forgot the name) for around $1.25 when on clearance

Davy_Baby9
05-10-2010, 09:22 AM
I ended up taking a bunch of tuna packets, planters peanut bars, apples, pretzels, beef jerky, whole grain bagels. We did like 32 miles of hiking in 5 days, and I actually ended up losing 5lbs or so. My abs are back. :omg:

Joe Black
05-11-2010, 01:41 AM
awesome lol