PDA

View Full Version : 18 Pound cut plan for this weekend Any input?

ScottYard
05-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Well my meet is a week from now and Im just making sure I crossed all my T's prepearation wise for my cut.

Its been 2-3 years since I have cut anything over 5 pounds so im not sure if anything has changed since then.

Sunday Last High Carb Day
Monday usual qallon of water per day and 100 carbs or less
Tuesday 2 qallons of distilled water per day and 100 carbs or less
Wednesday 2 qallons of distilled water per day and 0 carbs
Thursday Fast from food and water. Use sauna to shed water off until 2 pounds out before going to bed.
Friday Weigh in at 9:00 Reload water weight.

Any changes?

Brian Hopper
05-01-2010, 08:24 PM
I'm pretty new to cutting weight, so i'm interested to see what others say. Good luck with the cut!!!!!

Rob Luyando
05-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Mon & tuesdy 3 gallons of water
we'd 2 galllons of water
thurs 1/2 gallon by noon

everthing else looks fine

Brian Hopper
05-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Damn that's alot of water!!!!!

gmen5681
05-01-2010, 08:49 PM
how much do you weigh now?

MarcusWild
05-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Load sodium the first 2 days, then cut sodium. I think the sodium manipulation is more important than carbs. I like saltines and beef jerky for after making weight.

SELK
05-02-2010, 01:57 AM
One thing that i liked better is sleeping earlier then doing the cut after I wake up.

if you cut 15lbs from say 6pm to midnight, then sleep for 6 hours (I don't know many who could sleep when feeling like this). Then say you wake up an do 1 more hour of dehydration. You have been dehydrated for 13+ hours by the time you weigh in. If you start the dehydration at 3am then do it through the night, you will only be dehydrated for ~6 hours.

I figure the best method is the one where your body suffers less with less time in such a bad state.

good luck at the meet.

martin
05-02-2010, 11:46 AM
I figure the best method is the one where your body suffers less with less time in such a bad state.

good luck at the meet.

This!

I have never cut carbs low or sodium until around 36-48hrs out from weigh in max. I cant see how being carb depleted (and probably calorie deficient) can help you when only days away from lifting. During this time you want to be recovering or at least as close to rest as you can get, not stressing youself more than you absolutely need to.

I keep carbs in until the day I do the cutting - just change your food intake to low residue foor for two days prior to the day of cutting.

M

AJ Roberts
05-02-2010, 02:06 PM
This is what Luke Edwards does when he cuts 20-25lbs. It's the same thing Greg Panora does as well.

8-10 days Out from competition
start reducing carbs

6, 5 and 4 days out from competition
Low Carb meals but add soy sauce to everything
3 gallons of water
10 bouillon cubes
Add salt to protein shakes
Eat ever 2-3 hours

3 Days out from competition
Low carb meals
1 gallon of water

2 Day out from competition
Eat nothing but plain chicken
No water
No sodium

1 day out (weight in)
After weigh in you want to eat and drink all day long.
Foods should be high sodium
Drinks should contain electrolytes.

sambone
05-03-2010, 09:14 AM
This is what Luke Edwards does when he cuts 20-25lbs. It's the same thing Greg Panora does as well.

8-10 days Out from competition
start reducing carbs

6, 5 and 4 days out from competition
Low Carb meals but add soy sauce to everything
3 gallons of water
10 bouillon cubes
Add salt to protein shakes
Eat ever 2-3 hours

3 Days out from competition
Low carb meals
1 gallon of water

2 Day out from competition
Eat nothing but plain chicken
No water
No sodium

1 day out (weight in)
After weigh in you want to eat and drink all day long.
Foods should be high sodium
Drinks should contain electrolytes.

This is pretty much what I follow. The biggest cut I've done was from 215 to 198 and I didn't have to sweat at all to make weight. So at a heavier weight class you should have no problem dropping that much water. If you're alittle over the night before you can go to sleep in sweats, that'll help drop a couple pounds as well.