PDA

View Full Version : Is it better to have a cheat day on a workout day rather than on a rest day?

fixationdarknes
05-02-2010, 07:45 PM
The past few weeks, Sunday has been my day to either have a cheat day/meal, but Sunday is also a day of rest for me. I can adjust my schedule so that I train on Sunday and move the rest day to a different day during the week if that would be beneficial. My thinking is that if I cheat on a day I train, more of the sugar I eat will be used to fill glycogen stores and there will be less setback/fat storage and less of a guilt feeling for "cheating." It's just that Sunday happens to be a day where a lot of dessert is usually available to me, so that probably won't change :clown:

Any thoughts/input? When do you guys cheat, and do you train the day that you cheat?

ThomasG
05-02-2010, 09:12 PM
As long as you get it in once a week to keep your leptin levels regulated its not a big deal. I choose Sunday as my cheat day for two reasons, its a day where I'm often eating at someone else's house and Monday is my max effort upper body. I do GPP every other Sunday however.

ThomasG
05-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Although yea it would be better to have a high carb day when you're training you're largest muscle groups. I have another High carb day on my ME Lower body day.

ryder100
05-02-2010, 11:39 PM
I totally agree with the ThomasG that choose Sunday try to eat as you want on that day...

fixationdarknes
05-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Hm, alright. Well for example I can make it so that I do one of my sprinting sessions on Sunday and make Tuesday a rest day rather than a sprinting day. Would that be better or do you still think it won't make much a difference either way?