PDA

View Full Version : Sleeves

WhateverItTakes
05-03-2010, 05:05 PM
I am thinking about buying elbow and possibly knee sleeves. I compete in strongman, so I was hoping that the elbow sleeves could maybe give me a little more "pop" and increase my overhead push press.

I tried buying the Elitefts sleeves last year, but they didn't fit. And I don't have huge arms, so i am not sure why they didn't fit.

What sleeves would you guys recommend in order to get a little "pop" and help increase my overhead press? Thanks!

Lones Green
05-03-2010, 06:15 PM
I'd probably get some of the heavier duty ones if you want some pounds on your lifts

Travis Bell
05-03-2010, 06:59 PM
APT makes some pretty gangster elbow wraps

StLRPh
05-03-2010, 07:04 PM
FWIW, I wear my APT knee sleeves (the red and black ones) on my elbows. When I bought them I weighed about 180 and now they fit very well on my arms.

If you're worried about sizing I call or email APT directly and get his opinion

AJ Roberts
05-04-2010, 07:16 AM
I really like the Tommy Kono sleeves

WhateverItTakes
05-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Do you think that sleeves can actually put on pounds for someone's overhead push press? Thanks!

IronDiggy
05-04-2010, 01:58 PM
if they're tight they may be able to. I use my knee/elbow sleeves for support but they offer me more stability and control than any kind of support.

Tom Mutaffis
05-04-2010, 02:15 PM
I am thinking about buying elbow and possibly knee sleeves. I compete in strongman, so I was hoping that the elbow sleeves could maybe give me a little more "pop" and increase my overhead push press.

I tried buying the Elitefts sleeves last year, but they didn't fit. And I don't have huge arms, so i am not sure why they didn't fit.

What sleeves would you guys recommend in order to get a little "pop" and help increase my overhead press? Thanks!

Are you going to be using them for log or axle? Thicker sleeves will give you more carryover but they may effect your ability to get an axle or barbell into the 'rack' position (depending on your current size/etc.).

I would recommend APT Convict Sleeves, double ply for log and single ply for axle.

WhateverItTakes
05-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Are you going to be using them for log or axle? Thicker sleeves will give you more carryover but they may effect your ability to get an axle or barbell into the 'rack' position (depending on your current size/etc.).

I would recommend APT Convict Sleeves, double ply for log and single ply for axle.

I would be using them for both axle and log. Thanks for the input. I probably will go with the double ply convicts in order to get more carryover.

robchris
05-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Agree w/ the APT convicts... Some serious wraps for sure!

The Inzer sleeves are pretty darn good too w/ the velcro adjustments.