PDA

View Full Version : Knee Wraps

ironwill727
05-05-2010, 08:07 PM
I am looking to get a pair of knee wraps for the first time. I am a raw squatter with slightly wider than shoulder width stance. Any ideas for good priced wraps and what length?

mastermonster
05-05-2010, 09:04 PM
My favorites are Titan THPs wheather Raw or Equipped...in 2.5 meter.

IronDiggy
05-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Do you compete? If so the length should be whatever your federation allows. If not then *shrug* 2.5 probably. I've only used 2m so I couldn't say exactly one way or another.

As far as wraps. I like the Titan RPM's I've been using recently. Little more pop out of them than the inzer's or titan titanium's. They feel a lot like the THP wraps with a little more stretch to them.

tnathletics2b
05-06-2010, 10:12 AM
I like my Inzer 2.5m black and red stripe wraps! Good elasticity and they seem to hold up well.

StLRPh
05-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Whatever you get don't get velcro

ironwill727
05-06-2010, 11:09 AM
I am looking to compete in an APA raw meet. Rulebook states no more than 3.5 meter length and 3 inch wide

IronDiggy
05-06-2010, 11:22 AM
I am looking to compete in an APA raw meet. Rulebook states no more than 3.5 meter length and 3 inch wide

Then you're pretty much open to any wrap you'd like.

BigTallOx
05-06-2010, 12:07 PM
I love my 2.5 meter metal wraps.

Jon Elick
05-06-2010, 01:25 PM
IMO, go with Strangulators or Convicts from APT. They are sturdier and have more rebound than Titan or Inzer.
Use discount code JELICK to get 15% off your APT order.

Buccos1
05-06-2010, 02:48 PM
I've been using 2 meter Inzer Z's for the last three years and like them a lot. I've tried Titan and ATP wraps but prefer the Z's. I don't wrap mine tight though, and you might get more tightness from some of the ATP wraps.

Kstone113
05-07-2010, 05:11 AM
Most of those wraps listed above are the same. Some people like stretchier but then you really have to tight roll them and get the stretch out. I think APT has good wraps at good prices. The Inzer Z's are actually just a basic wrap. A lot of places re-sell the same exact wrap so you are getting nothing special there. I can't speak for the Titan wraps but I have seen them. Again - same kind of stretchy wrap. A few lifters I know LOVE the Metal black wraps. If you want best bang for your buck, I would go APT convicts or Strangulators. They have two other expensive wraps called 2XH and 3XH. I've felt the 2XH wraps - didn't seem all that special to me. I can't speak for the 3XH's.

Start with one of those....when you really get serious though, I highly recommend TP5000 wraps by Frantz. These actually hurt wearing but you get unbelievable rebound from them. Some lifters get 50 lbs. or more out of them. The TP5000 is all I use now. http://www.frantzpowergear.com/

alfa romeu
05-07-2010, 05:34 AM
i want to buy a pair of knee sleevs for squat.

i have seen this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbIi-yPOxsM

anyone can tell me if that knee sleevs she's using would help she (and me) at the botton of the squat.
(and how deepper are that elastic sweatpants ruffers, tuckers underneath the knee sleevs,and are them involving her knees, giving more extra-support??
and if the left knee sleev seems tighter than the right one on the bottom of that squat?)
thanks!

best lifts:

squat: 130kg x 9

Jon Elick
05-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Most of those wraps listed above are the same. Some people like stretchier but then you really have to tight roll them and get the stretch out. I think APT has good wraps at good prices. The Inzer Z's are actually just a basic wrap. A lot of places re-sell the same exact wrap so you are getting nothing special there. I can't speak for the Titan wraps but I have seen them. Again - same kind of stretchy wrap. A few lifters I know LOVE the Metal black wraps. If you want best bang for your buck, I would go APT convicts or Strangulators. They have two other expensive wraps called 2XH and 3XH. I've felt the 2XH wraps - didn't seem all that special to me. I can't speak for the 3XH's.

Start with one of those....when you really get serious though, I highly recommend TP5000 wraps by Frantz. These actually hurt wearing but you get unbelievable rebound from them. Some lifters get 50 lbs. or more out of them. The TP5000 is all I use now. http://www.frantzpowergear.com/
The APT 2XH and 3XH are the thickest, heaviest, tightest wrap material on the planet...period. Almost too much wrap for most people. My 24" 2XH wrist wraps are equivalent to my 36" Convicts regarding compression and support. For comparison, I do have IAD and Titan knee wraps and they aren't in the same league as APT's top 3 or 4 wraps.

thewicked
05-07-2010, 11:17 AM
APT convicts..best bang for ANY buck. The 2x-3x they make are pointless unless you're a huge squatter but convicts REALLY give great support with alot of drive out of the hole. Won't use anything else.

Brian Hopper
05-07-2010, 08:10 PM
I use the APT Hybrids-Convicts/Strangulators and I really like them alot.

alfa romeu
05-08-2010, 02:31 AM
i want to buy a pair of knee sleevs for squat.

i have seen this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbIi-yPOxsM

does anyone can tell me if that knee sleevs she's using would help she (and me) at the botton of the squat??

muscle_g
05-08-2010, 05:22 AM
I like the Inzer Z wraps and the Inzer true Blacks are good too. To me the Inzer Z's are a harder wrap, I feel I can get them tighter than the True Balcks.