PDA

View Full Version : Stroup's Log

Stroup
05-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Hey everyone, I've been reading throughout this site for a while now and have decided to log my workouts on here. Hopefully I'll get some added motivation and much needed criticism.

A little bit about me: I'm about 6'3 230lbs, played baseball thru high school and have been training for around 3 years. This past Septemeber, I started 5-3-1 and loved it. Made some great progress but decided to give the Conjugate Method a shot about 2 months ago. I've never competed in a meet but have every intention of doing so in the future. I'm a student at Penn State and my schedule is hectic and I'm looking forward for the summer break to get in some good training.

It's finals week here and I have 2 more to go on Friday then I'm done. Here's my workout from today, I'll post more info on my training later after finals.

DE Squat/Deadlift
Box Squats: Since theres no box, I stack 7 45lb plates on each other, it is about 4 inches below parallel, my ass is well below my knees.
70% -> 235 x 10 x 2
*these were good, I recently realized I was placing the bar too far up on my back, and I moved it down a solid 3 inches or so, while the weight felt much lighter, it will take time to get used to the new placement.

Speed Deads
60% 255 3 Sumo and 3 Conventional

Conventional Deads
315x1
375x1
405x1
425x1 * PR, Haven't pulled heavy in a while, wanted to get a PR

Dimel Deads
135x3x10

Lunges
40's x 3x10

Glute Ham Raises
2x10

Abs

Good session for me, I'll post more tomorrow.

Stroup
05-09-2010, 02:04 PM
DE Bench Session Today

65% 155 9x3 3 close, 3 medium, 3 regular

5x10 DB Rows 75lb

Band Pull aparts

Floor Press
135 w/ 1 Chain 10,10,10,8,6

Chins
3x8 Wide Grip

Had a rough couple of days, my internet is down at my house because of the crazy storms in NE Ohio so I havent been able to update lately. I will post more about past training and goals and what not when I get the chance. I am back home now and at my regular gym, the weight feels different but it shouldnt. Overall I had a bad day, no sleep, little food, shoulder didnt get loosened up and felt real tight and heavy at the end. however, i did experience some good leg drive on my bench press which what i was trying to do. Will post more when i get the chance.