PDA

View Full Version : Confusion about incline benching for ME day.

n.die_beast
05-11-2010, 04:41 AM
I thought that it was meant to be done for reps because of the pressure that it puts on the shoulders. The same thing as with the ultra wides. It's just when I hear about guys like Hoornstra and Winters maxing out on inclines for a rep I get confused. Is the incline supposed to be done for reps or for singles? Is it just dependant on how you feel?

vdizenzo
05-11-2010, 05:31 AM
Nothing is meant to be done for reps. Just kidding. When I used incline as part of my ME bench it would be for singles. I thought the nature of ME work is singles.

Ermantroudt
05-11-2010, 10:06 AM
If you are looking to move up a weight class using a rep max is fine for ME work.

ScottYard
05-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Do what makes you stronger.

This will change with your needs will at certain times.

For example, This past cycle almost all my set were of 8 reps for the bench. I was able to hit a PR after a long injury rehab

DO reps for a while and see what happens. IF you feel nothing bag inclines all together and try some thing else.

n.die_beast
05-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the advice.

Kroncke
05-14-2010, 02:55 AM
I thought that it was meant to be done for reps because of the pressure that it puts on the shoulders. The same thing as with the ultra wides. It's just when I hear about guys like Hoornstra and Winters maxing out on inclines for a rep I get confused. Is the incline supposed to be done for reps or for singles? Is it just dependant on how you feel?

I thought Hoornstra trains like a bodybuilder? Has he gone the Westside way now?

How do your shoulders feel after incline benching?

I do inclines heavy (hybrid Westside/periodized template) but incline dumbbells kill my shoulders.

n.die_beast
05-14-2010, 11:24 AM
In one of his interviews Hoornstra told the reader about his incline and close grip numbers. I don't think he trains westside. I think he just goes very heavy on his chest day.

n.die_beast
05-14-2010, 11:25 AM
In one of his interviews Hoornstra told the reader about his incline and close grip numbers. I don't think he trains westside. I think he just goes very heavy on his chest day.

My shoulders feel tired after my ME movements. Jay fry has me doing Fry presses but with medium effort.

AJ Roberts
05-14-2010, 03:12 PM
More reps = increased risk of injury with maximum weights. Stick to 1-3.