PDA

View Full Version : Pulling from boards/pins and working way to the floor.

blownby
05-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Basically the idea here is start high and remove a board and work the way to the floor over a period of a few months.

Here was my thought and chime in and give ideas or suggestions.

Start: 12" or 8 boards from floor work up to a max set of 3...tried it and was 675x3
drop down to a 6 brd 2 weeks later and work up to a max of 3 and shoot for about 630
drop down to a 5 brd 2-3 weeks later and work up to max of 3 and shoot for 620
drop down to a 4 brd 2-3 weeks later and work up to max of 3 and shoot for 605
drop down to a 3 brd 2-3 weeks later and work up to max of 3 and shoot for 595
drop down to a 2 brd 2-3 weeks later and work up to max of 3 and shoot for 585 ( should equal about a 620) plus from floor....Run this over about a 3mos period

In weeks between mix up regular deads, sumo work, band & chains as well as de-load/off days...

I would like to get my max up to 620's ....current best pull is 590.
This is my idea. Now i may have to adjust weights somewhat, but seems ideal and gives me a target...

How do others usually incorporate these if they do them....

Hazerboy
05-12-2010, 08:45 PM
What do you mean pulling every 2-3 weeks? Are you just going to pull once off the boards during that time, and other workouts do other forms of deads? Do you have any planned deloads?

blownby
05-13-2010, 08:19 AM
Exactly that......I will only pull from the board once every 2-3 weeks. The time in between will be some other form of pulling or de-load....ie sumo work, speed work, bands or chains....etc.

I don't want to commit to an "exact schedule" as i have found with me, i need to somewhat listen to my body as well as have a schedule with my back......