PDA

View Full Version : Muscletrac vs The Stick

Ben F Burgess
05-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Anyone got any experience of either of these? Seems a pretty cheap and convinient way to speed up recovery. I like the size of the stick but the rollers on the muscletrac look like they'll get deeper into the muscle.

I want to use it mostly on hams, low back and maybe front delts. Any input would be welcome thanks guys.

http://www.muscletrac.com

http://www.thestick.com/

IronDiggy
05-13-2010, 03:09 PM
I say the stick. The muscletrack looks too short to get any proper rolling done.

*edit* - I should also add when you get a massage, a masseuse utilizes smooth strokes over the problem area, not jabbing motions which is what the muscletrack would induce I'd think.

Ben F Burgess
05-14-2010, 07:35 AM
Thats a good point...have you used either at all?

IronDiggy
05-14-2010, 08:26 AM
I have not. But I know a few people that use the stick and love it.

I'm going to order myself a stick or next time I can make it to a running store I'll buy one there.

blownby
05-14-2010, 09:03 AM
I have both......The stick actually is more agressive and painful. Really good for definitly hitting the scar tissue & knots.

The muscle trac is nice and more of a gentle massage, but still can get in good....

If your only gonna get one....get the stick. It does the job a bit better and you can do a few more body area urself than w/ the muscle track due to it's size.

Also order a foam roller as well if you don't already have one!

IronDiggy
05-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Hey blownby which stick do you have? the site reccomends the big stick which is 30" long... almost seems too long to be practical for me.

blownby
05-14-2010, 04:26 PM
I have the shorter one. Plus is perfect for travel to meets. The long one seems too long & plus will bend too much as the short one will bend a bit when you try to hit ur thighs or quads hard.

robchris
05-14-2010, 09:30 PM
The stick looks very promising... I use a foam roller a lot and have had good results w/ it.

Does the stick work better than a foam roller for muscle recovery?

robchris
05-14-2010, 09:39 PM
The stick looks very promising... I use a foam roller a lot and have had good results w/ it.

ScottYard
05-15-2010, 06:19 AM
I love the stick. Especially come meet time when my back feels like horse **** and it ready to deadlift.

AJ Roberts
05-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Get the Stick it's freaking awesome and really does wonders for those tight areas.

blownby
05-17-2010, 07:40 AM

The foam roller i think works best on your legs & back. Definitly gets in very deep and hard. The stick is better for the harder to hit arera that you can have someone else do.....like tri's chest, shoulders, calves....etc. However the muscle trac comes in handy too as if you have a smaller spot and or in a bony region it gets in there better. Plus the stick does tend to flex a bit if you try to hit your quads or hams hard.

Again:
1st: Foam Roller
2nd: The stcik
3rd...if you wanna spend more....the muscletrak