PDA

View Full Version : seasoning meat?

tryme
05-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Is it ok to season your meat or marinade it? what about gravy like bisto or oxo etc? Will this be detrimental to my body building?

Mercuryblade
05-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Is it ok to season your meat or marinade it? what about gravy like bisto or oxo etc? Will this be detrimental to my body building?

Ask yourself this question:

Does the seasoning I am using with my meat fit into my daily macronutrient requirements?
If yes, then season.
If no, then don't season.

Mark!
05-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Lucky for me, a lot of seasonings don't have carbs, I use montreal steak seasoning, a bbq dry rub and a cajun seasoning on chicken or steak. There's a lawrys marinade that has like 2g carbs per serving that we use occassionaly but I'm not a big fan of that every day.

SSpiro
05-14-2010, 09:10 PM
I use a few natural spices that don't have any macro's.. Like Mercury said, if it fits in your setup, then why not?

Holto
05-17-2010, 03:54 PM

Seasoning is gold for cutting. Essentially zero cals. If you're cutting I'd be aware of the cals in the gravy, if not cutting then just enjoy.