PDA

View Full Version : mma program

Hartzell84
05-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Hi im trying to drop weight and i just strted to get back in mma training, i came up with this routine, please help out with anything

MONDAY
bench 4x5
dl 4x5
military 4x5
pullups 4xfail
dips 4xfail
bb curls 4x5

WED
grappling routine for conditioning

FRIDAY
Incline db 4x8
Laterals 4x8
bb row 4x8
squats 4x8
close grip bp 3x8
preacher curls

I will be sled pulling on my days off and sprints with a parachute

Laz3rShark
06-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Hi im trying to drop weight and i just strted to get back in mma training, i came up with this routine, please help out with anything

MONDAY
bench 4x5
dl 4x5
military 4x5
pullups 4xfail
dips 4xfail
bb curls 4x5

WED
grappling routine for conditioning

FRIDAY
Incline db 4x8
Laterals 4x8
bb row 4x8
squats 4x8
close grip bp 3x8
preacher curls

I will be sled pulling on my days off and sprints with a parachute

First off, are you training at a Mixed Martial Arts gym with the intent to fight at an amateur or professional level, or are you just doing MMA and MMA-oriented fitness for fun? If you're planning to fight, then your mat time should be your first priority. If your strength and conditioning is taking away from the quality of your technical sessions, it needs to be scaled back until your work capacity improves. Your Day 1 is going to be hell on your nervous system, especially if you're planning on using maximal loads for the fives of bench, deadlift and military. Day 2 looks a bit thrown together as well.

I would suggest West Side for Skinny Bastards V3. It's available on defrancostraining.com and it's very easy to follow. It'll make you strong all over, and at first you won't have to worry about doing extra conditioning work outside of hard MMA rounds. If you do want to add in extra conditioning, hill sprints and sled dragging work very well for MMA, as well as barbell and dumbbell complexes. Diesel Crew has some good ones on their youtube channel. If you have a certified kettlebell instructor in your area, get some sessions in with them and mix in kettlebell circuits where they fit into the WSFSB3 template.