PDA

View Full Version : when does the average person reach ketosis?

the_hall
05-07-2002, 01:43 PM
Its tuesday afternoon, and im not in ketosis yet? Is this bad, it shows that i have "traces" of ketones in my pee-pee. When should I reach moderate ketosis, i had about 15g carbs yesterday and only 10 so far today (many from fiber, i count fiber carbs). My p/f ratios are fine too.

Jane
05-07-2002, 03:59 PM
Usually it takes me until the morning or afternoon of the 3rd day, without cardio. Everyone is different, and if you've got traces, you're pretty much there. There is no benefit from achieving "deeper" levels of ketosis.

polksalet
05-07-2002, 05:22 PM
Usually takes me by the end of the third day.

the_hall
05-07-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Jane
Usually it takes me until the morning or afternoon of the 3rd day, without cardio. Everyone is different, and if you've got traces, you're pretty much there. There is no benefit from achieving "deeper" levels of ketosis.

my ketostix say im at 5mg/dL. They have "negative" "trace" "small" "moderate" and "large" or something like that, im only at trace. Do you think I am on schedule to be in ketosis by tommorow morning? I feel like im behind schedule b/c i dont have bad breath or any sypmtoms of ketosis.

jdelaware
05-08-2002, 09:43 AM
dude u are already in ketosis. and jane's it doesnt make a difference whether your at trace or moderate.

Marcel
05-08-2002, 10:35 PM
something that probably will help you get into ketosis faster is sprints. Try 15 sprints of 30sec all out/ 90 sec slow to catch your breath after you hit the weights. Oh yea and ALA read up on that too if ya want. Laterz

the doc
05-09-2002, 03:46 PM
the ketostix depend on your water intake. The more water you drink the more dilute the ketones in your urine will be. Whilst in ketosis i drink enoguh water that i never see more than a trace of ketones.

Paul Stagg
05-09-2002, 03:56 PM
If you have ketones in your urine, you are in. Trace is all you need.

It shoudl take about 24-48 hours.

According to your report, hall, you are in ketosis. Enjoy.

Blood&Iron
05-09-2002, 05:04 PM
Ketostix are useful insofar as determining whether one is in ketosis or not. Beyond that they are worthless. Being in heavy ketosis vs. having only trace ketones in your urine is NOT indicative of how effectively your diet is working.

the_hall
05-09-2002, 05:08 PM
I have been making sure to get plenty of water, and this morning i was in moderate ketosis, so i guess im doing good. the only carbs i have had are the trace carbs in baloni, and cheddar cheese, and i get 4g a day from my fiber. no keto breath though.