PDA

View Full Version : too much?

gmen5681
05-17-2010, 09:25 PM
do you guys think this is over doing it? im currently doing 5-3-1 on sunday, tuesday, thursday, and saturday. and then monday and wednesday im doing some form of GPP. i have a sandbag, a sled, a big 350lbs tire and a sledgehammer. and i just go nuts for 20-30 mins until i am basically dead tired. i plan on not doing the GPP on the deload week of the 5-3-1, so every 4 weeks. just trying to get some opinions on what people think of my training schedule.

AJ Roberts
05-17-2010, 10:30 PM
What are your goals?

Hazerboy
05-17-2010, 10:39 PM
No I don't think so, so long as you eased into it. I would just watch your gains closely for when they slow down, stop, etc, and how that is related to your GPP work.

gmen5681
05-18-2010, 03:31 AM
my goals right now are to become bigger stronger faster leaner, just overall healthier. in 3 years down the road i would like to compete in both powerlifting comps and strongman comps. thanks for the advice guys.

vdizenzo
05-18-2010, 06:48 AM
Have at it! Make sure you are getting plenty of rest, hydrating, and consuming enough high quality calories. If your lifts start going down, you'll know the answer to your question. There have been times in my lifting career where I want to do some type of training whether with weights or gpp 6 days a week. There have also been times where I was down to 2. Be instinctive and in tune with your body and you'll be fine.

ScottYard
05-21-2010, 05:39 PM
This is realistiaclly what most lifters should be doing. Be sure to take care of your self prehab wise. Since you overall volume is higher be sure to get some foam rolling and stick work done between workouts.

gmen5681
05-21-2010, 10:09 PM
i actually just got a foam roller, seems like a pain in the ass and i kinda feel like a ****** flopping around on the ground, lol. but it does feel good and i know its worth it. i plan to get a stick soon for the quads and hips since those seem to be kinda hard to hit with the foam roller.