PDA

View Full Version : Where are you most tempted?

ThomasG
05-18-2010, 01:12 PM
I have a pretty song will when I diet. I can pass up whatever at party's, restaurants, work pretty much wherever. For some reason when standing in the check out line at the grocery store I'm so ****ing tempted to buy a candy bar, bag of chips, whatever. It's even gotten me a few times lol.

How about you?

tnathletics2b
05-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Ice cream. I cannot pass up ice cream or gellato or frozen yogurt-whatever- to save my life.

ThomasG
05-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Today I needed something sweet on my low carb day. Thank god for breyers carb smart ice cream :)

Progress
05-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Where am I not tempted?

Cmanuel
05-18-2010, 02:25 PM
I have trouble with breakfast restaurants...

I mean, for me...its waking up on a saturday, nothing planned, GORGEOUS colorado weather, and your GF wants cinnamon blueberry pancakes at a local joint. Who can pass that up?

depotman
05-18-2010, 03:28 PM
I have a problem with gourmet licorice. Lots of sugar in it and hard to pass up.

Irish Pilot
05-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Like others I feel like I am almost always tempted outside the house or work. The worst is at my parents though. We take our kid to see Grandma and Grandpa and they love to make all my favorite meals and desserts.

They are all, of course, the things that I don't enjoy in moderation. All day smoked ribs for example (my old man is a long time grill MASTER). Ribs are like pizza for me. I simply need to avoid them entirely. I either eat a rack (or the whole pizza), or dont eat them at all.

My wife gives me a hard time about not fitting a "couple ribs" into my cals/macros.
I always tell her: "who the $#% eats only a 'couple' ribs?"

Eating a "couple ribs" is the food equivalent to "just the tip" in my world ;)

ryuage
05-18-2010, 04:16 PM
I am always tempted when with my girlfriend... which is uh, everyday since we live together.

first meeting because of the love of food and enjoying new recipes on a daily basis doesn't help when dieting either

f=ma
05-18-2010, 04:31 PM
there is always something delicious to eat that im passing up on :(

alin
05-19-2010, 02:40 AM
To me, this whole 'temptation for processed foods' thing is to a large extent something that has been pounded into our heads by advertisements and such. Sure, sometimes I might look at a candy bar and say 'I wish I could eat that!' but when I think about it, deep down, I don't really want the candy bar, or the burger, or whatever. Deep down I am repulsed by these things.

During one of my travels to third-world countries, I remember once meeting a village dweller who had actually literally never seen or heard of a hamburger. He ate a lot of meat, but nothing resembling a beef patty. At one point we left the village and came across a relatively large town. While we were in the town I noticed a McDonald's had opened recently, and I hadn't had a burger in a while, so I talked him into coming there with me. I swear, the moment he bit into a Big Mac he literally spit it out, giving me an evil look as if to say 'wtf is this ****'. He didn't touch the soda or fries either.

Joe Black
05-19-2010, 04:00 AM
Restaurants and Parties, I always goddamn cave in :(

Progress
05-19-2010, 05:00 AM
I have trouble with breakfast restaurants...

I mean, for me...its waking up on a saturday, nothing planned, GORGEOUS colorado weather, and your GF wants cinnamon blueberry pancakes at a local joint. Who can pass that up?

It sounds like you have relationship problems.

mike mcgee
05-19-2010, 05:52 AM
some f**ker brought donuts to work today.

Y2A
05-19-2010, 07:53 AM

lol, do you work in an office? There's ALWAYS something in the kitchen where I work (and where I used to work). I've learned to ignore it.

I'm pretty awful about diet when I didn't prepare the food myself. I sometimes choose wisely at restaurants, but at a party or something, if I'm hungry I will snack on everything and just eat poorly.

ELmx479
05-19-2010, 04:42 PM
I never eat chips, snacks, cookies, soda, any processed crap. Now, home baked goods, that's another story.

nfraher
05-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Pizza!

vdizenzo
05-20-2010, 05:29 AM
I am most tempted in srip clubs. Oops, different temtation. I really don't get tempted while out anymore. My imagination and commercials are my worst enemies. I am very suggestive.

brihead301
05-20-2010, 06:52 AM
Pizza, ice cream, and other fried greasy foods are my weakness.....And I also work in an office, and they always have tons of junk laying around, which is also hard to pass up.

BTW, those cinnamon blueberry pancakes mentioned above gave me a boner.

tonyteesdale
05-20-2010, 07:42 AM
I live in Sioux City IA.
Yes, the home of that horrible f**king internet video.

But there is a restaurant here--La Juanitas--with the best nasty greasy burritos and tacos KNOWN TO MAN.

I am completely powerless to resist them. And when I'm at work, someone is always volunteering to go on a LaJuas run. So I cannot even avoid the temptation!

IronDiggy
05-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Wow so far everyone is all about food. My weak point is Beer.

1. Because its impossible to be the only guy in your group that isn't drinking and being surrounded by people drinking beer makes it worse.

2. Once I have a couple, we're going to the store to pick up more! (buddy's place is a block away from a beer store)

Cmanuel
05-20-2010, 08:11 AM
Lol forgot about this. There's always free unhealthy crap in my office...WTF

Plus my office mates think I'm weird for dieting so hardcore, but they're all fat so I win.

mike mcgee
05-20-2010, 11:28 AM
I am pretty good about not partaking, but we all need a treat every once and a while. I just make it up at other meals or the gym. The only "diet" I follow is moderation. It has worked out the best for me so far. Pizza, dounts, or ice cream... Its all good, in the right amount.

SecondSucks
05-20-2010, 06:25 PM
I live with 3 other college students... when am i not tempted. Theres always chips in the pantry, pizza in the fridge, fast food brought in daily, etc.. just the life of a college male.

ThomasG
05-20-2010, 08:01 PM
I live with 3 other college students... when am i not tempted. Theres always chips in the pantry, pizza in the fridge, fast food brought in daily, etc.. just the life of a college male.

My old roommates at like such ****. Sounds like the same situation your in. Was always really easy for me to pass up though. I never had to worry about them eating my food cause it was healthy haha.

Irish Pilot
05-21-2010, 08:18 AM

Unfortunately I lost the fitness "itch" between when I left high school hockey, all through college, etc. I cant imagine how much more challenging it is to eat right, avoid temptation, etc. while you are in school. When I think about the abundance of great food, the amount of beverages, etc. Its amazing I didnt come out of college weighing twice what I do now.

NUCadet97
05-21-2010, 10:22 AM

Wow so far everyone is all about food. My weak point is Beer.

1. Because its impossible to be the only guy in your group that isn't drinking and being surrounded by people drinking beer makes it worse.

2. Once I have a couple, we're going to the store to pick up more! (buddy's place is a block away from a beer store)

That and our office is OBSESSEDwith PIZZA I swear we have it at a minimum 1 time per week for mandatory meetings and one week they brought it in three times. Are you SERIOUS!! I always get asked do you like pizza??? well hell yes I like pizza but I also don't want to be 40 lbs overweight and a whuss. :soapbox:

Cup o Joe
05-21-2010, 02:11 PM
I have a pretty song will when I diet. I can pass up whatever at party's, restaurants, work pretty much wherever. For some reason when standing in the check out line at the grocery store I'm so ****ing tempted to buy a candy bar, bag of chips, whatever. It's even gotten me a few times lol.

How about you?

My temptation is going to a fast food chain like A&W. My body doesn't agree with fast food, about 15 minutes after eating a burger from a fast food joint, I feel drowsy for the rest of the day so I don't eat fast food often.

ryuage
05-21-2010, 02:47 PM
living in San Francisco where every corner has a great restaurant... decently priced ones too. I have had fast food about 3 times in the last 4 years.

but then there are 10000 other restaurants tempting me that I have not been to, but want to try

[R_H]
05-21-2010, 05:53 PM

Ain't that the truth. People look at me all funny when I say I don't drink (very often, only if there's free alcohol).

I'm most tempted at home, because of leftovers in the fridge.

mc studda
05-21-2010, 06:17 PM
i currently work in a pizza/italian restaurant while im home from school for the summer. s*** is so hard lol

Mark!
05-21-2010, 07:10 PM
It's gotta be pizza and ice cream for me, seems like several of us have that issue. I've learned to curb that with sugar free jello and whip cream until my refeed days.

Cmanuel
05-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Do you guys that don't drink order an alcohol free diet-esque mixed drink to "fit it?"

ryuage
05-22-2010, 09:05 AM
if im not drinking that night i'm not hiding it or trying to fit in... ill ask for water or a diet soda.

that's just me and my personality.

people who know me understand I don't care what they think for the most part, haha.

PJP
05-22-2010, 02:17 PM
About weekly, I have intense fried food cravings. Usually takes a McChicken or something of the sort to kill it.

Mark!
05-22-2010, 03:29 PM
PJP I have that craving, I found a low carb fish fry mix, dump cod in it, fry it up in some EVOO, helps me out. As far as drinking, the only time I've drank was on our cruise, the last two days they gave alcoholic drinks away in the bars and clubs for free, I had a fair share. If I go some place where there's drinking, which isn't often, I'll order diet soda, tea or water. I drank more when I was under 21 than I do now, but that seems to be the case with most people.

[R_H]
05-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Do you guys that don't drink order an alcohol free diet-esque mixed drink to "fit it?"

No way, that kinda stuff is waaayyy too expensive here. Or I'm just too cheap. :)

And like ryuage, I don't really GAS what the others think about me not drinking, I'd rather save my money for other stuff. Like food.

Y2A
05-22-2010, 06:06 PM
if im not drinking that night i'm not hiding it or trying to fit in... ill ask for water or a diet soda.

that's just me and my personality.

people who know me understand I don't care what they think for the most part, haha.

This. I don't drink either, I'm the driver when I go out and I'll generally get a bottle of water at a bar or diet coke at a restaurant.

Clover
05-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Beer, pizza, and wings on a nice outdoor patio while watching sports. That is impossible to pass up.