PDA

View Full Version : Darracq HCT-12 log

Darracq
05-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Well i havnt lifted much in the last few months, my knee is torn up,need to get it fixed, so i cant squat or deadlift, might try to do some stiff legs, My shoulder has some issues and I hope i can keep this log going. Since i cant do much lower body my split will be different, unless i figure something else out.
I am 43 years old and 169lbs right now, 6 foot tall. always been real thin. I am way off my prs, but ii am not really worried about that anymore i just want to get back to lifting.

5/20/10

Bench
210x6 x2x2x2
lying skull crushers
70x6x2x2x2

just going to put my work sets down, since i dont know what i am going to do for lower body, i will probably do the back work today. shoulder pressing kills my shoulders but i might try to get some in.

sean.peters
05-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Good luck, buddy. It's hell when you're injured - I had a nagging shoulder problem that went on for like a year before it finally got better (more or less - it still kinda hurts at the bottom of a bench press, but not bad). I could barely bench or shoulder press at all for months, which sucked.

I hope you can get the knee fixed quick.

Darracq
05-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Good luck, buddy. It's hell when you're injured - I had a nagging shoulder problem that went on for like a year before it finally got better (more or less - it still kinda hurts at the bottom of a bench press, but not bad). I could barely bench or shoulder press at all for months, which sucked.

I hope you can get the knee fixed quick.

Thanks, Yes it really pisses me off to be all beat up lol.

Darracq
05-21-2010, 05:46 PM
pull ups
bx+20x6x2x2x2
db bent rows
85`s x6x2x2x2

whew breathing hard, i am out of shape lol. Hit 2 rounds of 11 softballs, Hit some nice bombs lol

Joe Black
05-24-2010, 01:21 AM
I know how you feel, I had all types of lower body issues causing me to have to only do upper training for a bit. Read this article, it'll help - http://www.wannabebig.com/injury-rehab-and-stretching/be-the-best-youve-ever-been/

Just focus like hell on upper body and work hard on lower body re-hab and you'll be able to make great progress.

Darracq
05-24-2010, 08:17 PM
I know how you feel, I had all types of lower body issues causing me to have to only do upper training for a bit. Read this article, it'll help - http://www.wannabebig.com/injury-rehab-and-stretching/be-the-best-youve-ever-been/

Just focus like hell on upper body and work hard on lower body re-hab and you'll be able to make great progress.

Thanks i will check that out. i need to get my knee scoped and i hope it will be fine then, but i just keeep hoping it will get better and its not lol.

Off Road
05-24-2010, 10:36 PM
That's got to suck being hurt. I went through it with a back injury. I hope you heal up quick. In the mean time, get the gunz pumped :)

sean.peters
05-25-2010, 11:12 AM
That article was awesome, and highly applicable to my situation - I'm now the guy with the back problem and can't really lift anything at the moment (right now standing up is as much of a challenge as I'm up to)... but I'm definitely working on two things: 1) diet, and 2) hamstring flexibility. I'm convinced that a lot of my continuing back issues are driven by the fact that my hamstrings are too tight, which flattens out my lower back too much.

It's really great to have SOMETHING to work on - rather than just feeling helpless. Thanks for the inspiration!

Darracq
05-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Ya, i have changed my prioritys, I was wanting to try some different stuff but never could get away from what i was doing, not i have to so its good lol.

5-25
Bench

220x6x2x2x2

decline skull crushers
75x6x2x2x2

shoulder press with the curl bar
75x6

up 10lbs on bench and 5 on skull crushers, next time will be fun i am sure. not used to the low rest, but i need to get some cardio lol.

sean.peters
05-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Upper body work's going good - keep it up!

Darracq
05-29-2010, 12:42 PM
upper back 5-28

pull ups
bw+25x6x2x2x2 the 6 was tough, i hate reps on pull ups, i have done + 105 about a year ago.

db rows
87.5 x6 x2x2x2

Darracq
06-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Bench warmed up to 185 shoulders felt like crap so i went with dumbells

db floor press on a pillow for more rom

80`s x 6 x2x2 held on floor 2nd set was hard not letting go of the db`s

decline db tri ext,
35`s x 6 x2x2 think i went a little heavy here these were hard, i am weak in this position

then did some shoulder stuff with bands pull aparts, side raises,

Pure Water
06-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Keep it going man, good luck getting better fast!

borracho
06-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Nice pull ups man. Sucks to hear you're still dealing with the same crap..but glad you're still getting workouts in as you can.

Darracq
06-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks Borr

chin ups
bW+30 x6 x2x2x2

6-8
close grip bench, this didnt hurt my sho0ulders at all, just outside smooth

190x8x2x2x2 need little more weight next time.

dips
x6x6