PDA

View Full Version : Andy Bolton Pulls big raw

martin
05-24-2010, 02:19 AM
For those who don't know yet we had the BPC Push Pull yesterday and Andy Bolton hit an impressive 432.5kg (953ish) in a belt. Looked good especially as he's only just back into training recently after injury.

Martin

tomv
05-24-2010, 02:42 AM
Awesome number, the fact that this is after injury and raw (almost) is just berserk

Pete22
05-24-2010, 06:03 AM
Awesome number, the fact that this is after injury and raw (almost) is just berserk

How is belt-only almost raw? Monster pull.

sbirgel
05-24-2010, 07:50 AM
do you have a vid to put up of him?

AdamBAG
05-24-2010, 08:16 AM
If you wear a belt it's raw, not RAW!!!!!! I'm going to go shoot myself in the face now.

953? That's just silly. Love watching him deadlift.

BloodandThunder
05-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Competition always fuels the fire...best thing to happen to Andy has been all the talk about KK recently. Look for these two to put up big numbers in the next year.

Brian Hopper
05-24-2010, 09:39 AM
Wow, that is crazy!!!!

KarstenDD
05-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Clearly not the best deadlifter in the world.

Travis Bell
05-24-2010, 12:15 PM
So he just up and decides to pull a meet raw and out pulls KK just like that? Very impressive indeed.

Travis Bell
05-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Man he really ripped that bar up fast!

scsiEkEGHG4

Learning2Lift
05-24-2010, 01:15 PM
That looked like he had some more in the tank. I can't wait for his challenge next year.

View 1
05-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Monster lift, and I agree it looks like he had way more in the tank.

tomv
05-24-2010, 02:00 PM
How is belt-only almost raw? Monster pull.

Well I'd define Raw as being without the belt. Not trying to take anything away from the pull whatsoever, moving heavy weight is moving heavy weight. Next time I'll say "unsuited" :hello:

GCPowerlifter
05-24-2010, 02:01 PM
Yeah, that was speed weight. Imagine what would happen in Bolton and KK lifted in the same gym. That competetion would be insane!

SELK
05-24-2010, 02:09 PM
looked very easy, i really think the effect of DL suits in the conventional deadlift is way smaller then most people think. I wouldn't be surprised to see andy pull 970 or more raw. Not to mention when andy misses a lift it looks to often be a grip issue which is going to be a little less of a problem raw.

Personally its not raw to me unless the lifter is naked, i mean, how much do you think hes getting out of his singlet straps??? :D:D

Lones Green
05-24-2010, 02:14 PM
looked very easy, i really think the effect of DL suits in the conventional deadlift is way smaller then most people think. I wouldn't be surprised to see andy pull 970 or more raw. Not to mention when andy misses a lift it looks to often be a grip issue which is going to be a little less of a problem raw.

Personally its not raw to me unless the lifter is naked, i mean, how much do you think hes getting out of his singlet straps??? :D:D

LOL

That was very fast indeed, he is a monster.

martin
05-24-2010, 02:27 PM
It looked just as easy in the flesh.

It was also pretty hard conditions too - we were cramped in a little space to warm up and we've had record heat here in UK yesterday added o the thousands of people there and bright lights it was tough for hydration.

Andy certainly is the force to be reckoned with in the deadlift. People far underestimate his raw ability when comparing him to 900 lbs pullers.

Travis Bell
05-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Well I'd define Raw as being without the belt. Not trying to take anything away from the pull whatsoever, moving heavy weight is moving heavy weight. Next time I'll say "unsuited" :hello:

Best bet is to just say "Not to the tomv standards of raw" because every federation that has a raw class includes a belt as raw.

I suppose it has to do with something about avoiding abdominal hernias, or possibly just to keep his singlet up.

You're right though, he's pretty piss poor weak with that "gear whore" pull of his

AdamBAG
05-24-2010, 02:59 PM
best bet is to just say "not to the tomv standards of raw" because every federation that has a raw class includes a belt as raw.

I suppose it has to do with something about avoiding abdominal hernias, or possibly just to keep his singlet up.

You're right though, he's pretty piss poor weak with that "gear whore" pull of his

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notorious
05-24-2010, 02:59 PM
So he just up and decides to pull a meet raw and out pulls KK just like that? Very impressive indeed.

To be fair, KK's was beltless. But Bolton's did look a lot easier.

Travis Bell
05-24-2010, 03:15 PM
To be fair, KK's was beltless. But Bolton's did look a lot easier.

I tend to go by who pulls more weight.

I believe KK has said in some articles that he does not like pulling in a belt in meets? Something about effecting his breathing or something.

I may be imagining that, however KK could have used a belt if he chose to. IMO, the two are equal in levels of rawness.

Notorious
05-24-2010, 03:22 PM
I tend to go by who pulls more weight.

I believe KK has said in some articles that he does not like pulling in a belt in meets? Something about effecting his breathing or something.

I may be imagining that, however KK could have used a belt if he chose to. IMO, the two are equal in levels of rawness.

I think I recall him saying he doesn't get much out of his belt, though I don't remember anything about the breathing. But yes, he could have used one if he chose to and they are both monsters either way.

ehopkins932
05-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Wow, thats amazing!

Pete22
05-24-2010, 04:30 PM
If you wear a belt it's raw, not RAW!!!!!! I'm going to go shoot myself in the face now.

Best bet is to just say "Not to the tomv standards of raw" because every federation that has a raw class includes a belt as raw.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol.

Brian Hopper
05-24-2010, 04:34 PM
Man he really ripped that bar up fast!

scsiEkEGHG4

Speechless.....

KarstenDD
05-24-2010, 06:16 PM
RAW!!

robchris
05-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Holy s***... Thats an awesome feat of strength!!!!!!

chris mason
05-24-2010, 09:26 PM
That was FAST!!! Incredibly strong and he pulled that MUCH easier than KK's 939 lbs.

NickAus
05-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Looked good for 25lb more no problem.

Strong!!

vdizenzo
05-25-2010, 05:22 AM
Beltless, are you kidding me. People are talking about a stinking belt. Get over yourselves. It was raw. Next thing you know someone will complain that his socks were too high. You are either wearing a suit or not. He was not. He smoked KK. I am a big fan of KK, but Andy sent him a message loud and clear. I don't want to hear about weight and coefficients either. Andy is the best deadlifter in the world RAW and equipped. Andy does not have to lose any weight to prove anything. He is the standard in deadlifting--period!

AdamBAG
05-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Beltless, are you kidding me. People are talking about a stinking belt. Get over yourselves. It was raw. Next thing you know someone will complain that his socks were too high. You are either wearing a suit or not. He was not. He smoked KK. I am a big fan of KK, but Andy sent him a message loud and clear. I don't want to hear about weight and coefficients either. Andy is the best deadlifter in the world RAW and equipped. Andy does not have to lose any weight to prove anything. He is the standard in deadlifting--period!

FACT.

Vincent, I believe that he also benched 617 raw. So he did a raw push/pull of 617/953. That's crazy strong.

vdizenzo
05-25-2010, 09:38 AM
FACT.

Vincent, I believe that he also benched 617 raw. So he did a raw push/pull of 617/953. That's crazy strong.

I would be very surprised if the bench was raw. I know he has been credited with a 600 raw in the past, but many dispute that.

AdamBAG
05-25-2010, 09:46 AM
I would be very surprised if the bench was raw. I know he has been credited with a 600 raw in the past, but many dispute that.

Interesting. I guess I just assumed that since he pulled raw the bench was too.

KarlMarx
05-25-2010, 10:40 AM
My wife was watching over my shoulder as I was watching that and she commented in: "You are totally going look like that with all this powerlifting. I hate that!" I told her she has a few more years before she has to worry about me coming home looking like that....LOL

Insane lift. I remember how pumped I was when I broke 500. 953? Insane.

Pete22
05-25-2010, 12:02 PM
FACT.

Wow that is crazy strong, was he wearing wrist wraps?

Bako Lifter
05-25-2010, 12:12 PM

i'm rawr than both of them put together.

vdizenzo
05-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Wow that is crazy strong, was he wearing wrist wraps?

Is it less impressive if he was?

rinse
05-25-2010, 12:13 PM
FACT.

That he didn't do.

rinse
05-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Interesting. I guess I just assumed that since he pulled raw the bench was too.

Umm why did you assume that?

AdamBAG
05-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Umm why did you assume that?

Because his deadlift counts in the raw records I assumed he was in the raw division.

You see plenty of guys pull in only a singlet, but there lift counts as equipped because they squatted and benched in equipment.

Also, he is a top level SHW. Benching 617 raw would not be outrageous for a guy his size and his strength level.

Therefore, I made the jump in my mind that he must have done the 617 raw as well.

Pete22
05-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Is it less impressive if he was?

Lol... I was being sarcastic. :hello:

rinse
05-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Because his deadlift counts in the raw records I assumed he was in the raw division.

You see plenty of guys pull in only a singlet, but there lift counts as equipped because they squatted and benched in equipment.

Also, he is a top level SHW. Benching 617 raw would not be outrageous for a guy his size and his strength level.

Therefore, I made the jump in my mind that he must have done the 617 raw as well.

His other raw deads were done in equipped comps also. And like you just said a lot of guys pulls in a singlet but uses equipment in the other two lifts.

AdamBAG
05-25-2010, 01:22 PM
His other raw deads were done in equipped comps also. And like you just said a lot of guys pulls in a singlet but uses equipment in the other two lifts.

You can see why I was confused! :)

KarstenDD
05-25-2010, 06:07 PM
He pulled in a singlet. I don't think it should count.

Jonah
05-25-2010, 06:10 PM
He pulled in a singlet. I don't think it should count.

Stop looking for an excuse to lift naked