PDA

View Full Version : are there two kinds of whipping cream?

the_hall
05-07-2002, 05:53 PM
The stuff I have for my ckd is that stuff in the air-tight can that you put on ice cream, it says "whipping cream" on it. My mom says that is the only whipping cream at the grocery store, but is this what I need for a ckd? It only has 2.5g of fat per 2 tablespoon's, its that fluffy white stuff you put on ice cream, it tastes good. It has 0 protien and <1g of carbs per tbsp too. IS this the stuff that people use on ckds? If not can i still use my whipping cream on the diet, it tastes so good.

the_hall
05-09-2002, 05:19 PM
??

Behemoth
05-09-2002, 07:51 PM
That's just lowfat whipped cream bud, if you can still afford the fat for those 2 measly tablespoons that have a little, but I really don't see the point.

Budiak
05-09-2002, 08:37 PM
No, thats not it. You are looking for the stuff in the carton. She bought you whippED cream, not whippING cream. Its a little different, mostly in manner of dispersion.

I always got sad when my mom bought the wrong thing from the store. Probably because we were dirt, DIRT poor and couldnt afford mistakes.

Umm....yeah you were looking for heavy whipping cream in a carton. Go buy it yourself, it probably only costs a buck or so.

Tryska
05-10-2002, 06:56 AM
it's in the dairy section, right next to half and half.

but i don't see why the redi-whip stuff won't work okay. i meant he carbs are minimal, and it is 2 g fat, 0 protein.

it will save him having to whip it himself. *lol*

IceRgrrl
05-10-2002, 07:25 AM
..or he can skip the whipped cream and suck the propellant (nitrous....laughing gas). :D

ElPietro
05-10-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by IceRgrrl
..or he can skip the whipped cream and suck the propellant (nitrous....laughing gas). :D

Haha those are called whippets...there were kids that used to pass out in the aisle that I heard of back in high school doing that...and no not me or any of my friends...