PDA

View Full Version : Mexican Style Shredded Chicken

trentwalker
05-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Thought I would share an easy way to make a ton of chicken, that tastes great at the same time.

Mexican Style Shredded Chicken

1.5 lbs of chicken breasts
4 cups water
1/3 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic
1 tsp onion
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika

1. Throw all the ingredients in a big saucepan and boil on high for 10 minutes.

2. Reduce heat to medium, cover with a lid slightly open and simmer for 30-35 minutes

3. Let cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a bowl,leaving sauce in pan. It will be super tender at this point, so take a fork and slide it down the chicken,stab it, mash it until you have a ton of shredded chicken.

4. Pour 3/4 cup salsa into the chicken and use your hands to coat it.

I love this recipe because not only does it taste great, but you can fit 1 1/2-2lbs of chicken into one container and then separate as necessary for the following days meals.

jony1804
05-29-2010, 03:59 AM
Good Stuff Man Nice Health tips I will try it

nathanst
06-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Just tried this yesterday. I made 3 lbs of chicken breast, which broke down into 5 nicely portioned meals for the week.

I put this on shredded lettuce with some grated fat-free cheese. Delicious.

Requiem
07-09-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm going to try this later today with a bed of rice to saturate the juice in. :)

ericpad
07-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Thought I would share an easy way to make a ton of chicken, that tastes great at the same time.

Mexican Style Shredded Chicken

1.5 lbs of chicken breasts
4 cups water
1/3 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic
1 tsp onion
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika

1. Throw all the ingredients in a big saucepan and boil on high for 10 minutes.

2. Reduce heat to medium, cover with a lid slightly open and simmer for 30-35 minutes

3. Let cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a bowl,leaving sauce in pan. It will be super tender at this point, so take a fork and slide it down the chicken,stab it, mash it until you have a ton of shredded chicken.

4. Pour 3/4 cup salsa into the chicken and use your hands to coat it.

I love this recipe because not only does it taste great, but you can fit 1 1/2-2lbs of chicken into one container and then separate as necessary for the following days meals.

Awesome recipe! I made this sunday night and got 3 lunches from it. I served it over brown rice (which I cooked with the same spices) and it was great. I also put a few drops of franks redhot on top of it to spice it up.

Thanks for posting!!