PDA

View Full Version : Advice please.

covpride
05-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Entering an IPF meet in Nov. Looking for suggestions on wrist wraps. Inzer and Titan are both on the approved list. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks,
DJ

gmen5681
05-26-2010, 06:08 PM
was just discussed like 2 days ago.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?136030-Knee-Wraps&highlight=knee+wrap

mastermonster
05-26-2010, 08:55 PM
I've used Inzer's Z wraps and Titan's THPs. I highly prefer the Titan wraps. Good luck!

BloodandThunder
05-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Depends on a lot of factors. Will you be applying them yourself? How much do you bench? Will you wear them in training as well? How much wrap do you need? Most likely you'd like something castlike, so check out the 2xh or hybrid wraps from APT. If you like a more flexible wrap, inzer z's or blue mambas from apt are decent.

BTW APT and Metal are also acceptable up to 36" for IPF meets.

covpride
05-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Depends on a lot of factors. Will you be applying them yourself? How much do you bench? Will you wear them in training as well? How much wrap do you need? Most likely you'd like something castlike, so check out the 2xh or hybrid wraps from APT. If you like a more flexible wrap, inzer z's or blue mambas from apt are decent.

BTW APT and Metal are also acceptable up to 36" for IPF meets.

I don't bench that much, PR is at 245 now. Meet is in November, so hoping to push in the 300's by then, may be ambitious but that's what i'm shooting for. I've never used wrist wraps so not sure how i prefer them to be wrapped, just wanting to get some advice from people with experience is all. I'll probably train with them just so I'm use to them by the meet.
Thanks,
DJ

IronDiggy
05-27-2010, 02:06 PM
I would say get a pair of 36" wraps. My training partner has 12" wraps and they don't do much, they just double as sweat bands. I have a pair of 36" RPM wraps I use right now which are nice but I think I liked my THP wraps better. Too bad they were 24" and you had to wrap them super tight to get much support which wore them out quick.

Jay1
05-28-2010, 01:39 AM
I don't bench that much, PR is at 245 now. Meet is in November, so hoping to push in the 300's by then, may be ambitious but that's what i'm shooting for. I've never used wrist wraps so not sure how i prefer them to be wrapped, just wanting to get some advice from people with experience is all. I'll probably train with them just so I'm use to them by the meet.
Thanks,
DJ

You would definitely like the Inzer Z's then.

covpride
05-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the feedback, ordered some metal wrist wraps from elitefts. See how they work out.