PDA

View Full Version : Diet Critique

keezo
05-27-2010, 03:12 AM
Hey, have been training at the gym for around 3 months now and been taking protein shakes, multivitamins around a month. Would like some advice on my diet/ eating. I have played basketball and boxed in the past. Am looking at adding on some lean muscle aswell as improving my power/ speed. I am also a Type 1 diabetic.

7:50am MG Multivitamin, Whey protein two scoops with black coffee, 3 slices of wholemeal toast with low fat pate/ butter. Bannana or Apple.

10:30am One Wholemeal Tuna/Cheese/Chicken sandwich with a apple/ bannana.

12:30pm One Wholemeal Tuna/Cheese/Chicken sandwich with a apple/ bannana, low fat yogurt.

3:00pm Bannana

5:45pm Protein Bar and a apple

6:30pm Gym

Protein + Recovery shakes after training

7:45-8:00pm Grilled Chicken with Baked Potato Tuna/ Pasta with Pork Chops/ Steak with potatoes/ Vegetable Lasagne etc

10:00pm Multivitamin before bed.

I take a day off inbetween training, this is for a training day. Would like some advice/ critique on diet. thanks.

Behemoth
05-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Your diet is clean and you sound motivated. The next question is how many carbs, fat, and protein does that breakdown to? Figure that out and eat the same amount for 2 weeks, if you're not seeing a rising trend on the scale (weigh yourself first thing in the morning every morning, but after you use the bathroom) then you need to increase the overall calories.

Make sure you're getting in 1.5-2g of protein per pound of bodyweight that you carry. meaning if you weight 150lbs, then consume 225-300g of protein per day. Take in 0.5g of fat per day, so 75g of fat. Carbs in my opinion should be very dynamic. Meaning you've already laid the groundwork with your protein and fat, they do not need to rise or fall. If after two week you're not gaining add to your calories by means of carbs.