PDA

View Full Version : lifting journal pt. 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

f=ma
05-28-2010, 02:01 PM
k.. so no more cutting. i am transitioning to an "offseason" diet. i am going to stay sub 10% as long as possible. i want to stay pretty for the summer time. dont know specifically what BF% i am, but its probably about 7-9%. current bw is 176.0lbs down from 230.. goal weight 26 weeks from now is 185lbs to a maximum of 190lbs.

goal lifts by dec 2010
de 455x1+
sq 365x1+
be 315x1+

should be easily doable.. these are substantially my old maxes at 230ish lbs last year.

chevelle2291
05-28-2010, 02:18 PM
No show?

f=ma
05-28-2010, 02:21 PM
no show. its ridiculously out of my league after i did some real research. 2011 will be my year. about to do quads/calves

chevelle2291
05-28-2010, 04:16 PM
no show. its ridiculously out of my league after i did some real research. 2011 will be my year. about to do quads/calves

I don't think that's a bad call at all. Have a solid workout.

f=ma
05-28-2010, 04:32 PM
thanks buddy. it actually was a great workout. best PM workout ive had since i started doing them.

squats
various to
225x5
245x5
275x4 deep, perfect
225x8,2,2 breathing

db lunges
various to
85sx5/5
100sx4/4

leg ext ss w/ vert calf
240x10/270x10
240x10/270x10
240x10/270x10
240x10/270x10

CURLZ
30sx5
45sx5
60sx6
35sx12

done

f=ma
05-28-2010, 04:51 PM

chevelle2291
05-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Looking good! (no homo). Is that w/ a post workout pump? Your arms look a lot fuller than they did in your video. Great symmetry and size. Chest definitely looks better too. :thumbup: So how many calories have you eaten already today haha?

f=ma
05-28-2010, 09:04 PM
nah.. i did take a few post workout but they looks like garbage.

cals today were 2175+/-20. im serious, i'm rebounding from this cut very carefully. no way i'll blow it for guilty pleasures. today, work had a giant BBQ feast with cakes and pies etc.. i ate my chicken and pasta w/ 30g of whey.

fixationdarknes
05-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Dang dude, I'm ready to see that strength come back haha. It's weird coming to your journal though with the mindset of an offseason/bulk diet rather than a cutting diet. I'm not used to this yet! It's like a whole new journal now, which I guess is why you made a whole new journal lol.

Nice squatting.

Pic looks good (yes homo)

chevelle2291
05-29-2010, 01:48 AM
nah.. i did take a few post workout but they looks like garbage.

cals today were 2175+/-20. im serious, i'm rebounding from this cut very carefully. no way i'll blow it for guilty pleasures. today, work had a giant BBQ feast with cakes and pies etc.. i ate my chicken and pasta w/ 30g of whey.

And when your co-workers asked you why you didn't want a slice of cake, you simply pouted your lips, lifted up your shirt, flexed your abs and said, "so I can keep mah abz brah and get all de hotezt beetches." Right? Right? :clown:

In all seriousness, way to show some will power. What're you shooting for weight wise per week? 1/2 a pound a week?

Coke
05-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Super leg day...good luck with your new goals Tim.

f=ma
05-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Dang dude, I'm ready to see that strength come back haha. It's weird coming to your journal though with the mindset of an offseason/bulk diet rather than a cutting diet. I'm not used to this yet! It's like a whole new journal now, which I guess is why you made a whole new journal lol.

Nice squatting.

Pic looks good (yes homo)
thanks fix. yup. the old one is very old... its from 2005 i think.

And when your co-workers asked you why you didn't want a slice of cake, you simply pouted your lips, lifted up your shirt, flexed your abs and said, "so I can keep mah abz brah and get all de hotezt beetches." Right? Right? :clown:

In all seriousness, way to show some will power. What're you shooting for weight wise per week? 1/2 a pound a week?
thanks man. goal is just to reach maintenance for now, to see where things are definitively with the changes i plan in cardio, dropping ephedrine, and response to nutrients. im adding lean red meat back into the diet for my PM meal. next on the agenda today is to setup 5/3/1 or 5x5.. then bump things very slowly as i exhaust my current cal setup

Super leg day...good luck with your new goals Tim.
thank you terry, i hope they turn out well. i'm going to be very careful

------------------------------------------------

took me a few hours but i just finished the setup for my diet specifics. just need to decide if i want to do 5/3/1 or do 5x5... i really like both. i spent about 5 hours this morning cleaning my old apartment. i couldnt finish in time so i need to pay another weeks rent there. not terribly expensive but still, thats money i could have not spent. meh.

diet is screwy so far today as i was cleaning all morning.. lots of scrubbing etc. it will end fine though. need to go grocery shop now. i hope its not a cluster in the parking lot.. i need a bunch of stuff so im driving rather than taking my bike.

15m stairmaster intervals, 200 cals
bw 175.0
abs

chevelle2291
05-29-2010, 03:45 PM
thanks fix. yup. the old one is very old... its from 2005 i think.

thanks man. goal is just to reach maintenance for now, to see where things are definitively with the changes i plan in cardio, dropping ephedrine, and response to nutrients. im adding lean red meat back into the diet for my PM meal. next on the agenda today is to setup 5/3/1 or 5x5.. then bump things very slowly as i exhaust my current cal setup

thank you terry, i hope they turn out well. i'm going to be very careful

------------------------------------------------

took me a few hours but i just finished the setup for my diet specifics. just need to decide if i want to do 5/3/1 or do 5x5... i really like both. i spent about 5 hours this morning cleaning my old apartment. i couldnt finish in time so i need to pay another weeks rent there. not terribly expensive but still, thats money i could have not spent. meh.

diet is screwy so far today as i was cleaning all morning.. lots of scrubbing etc. it will end fine though. need to go grocery shop now. i hope its not a cluster in the parking lot.. i need a bunch of stuff so im driving rather than taking my bike.

15m stairmaster intervals, 200 cals
bw 175.0
abs

I'm curious to see what you choose also. 5-3-1 looked interesting, but I don't think i was advanced enough for it. YOU may be however. What about HCT-12? You could set up a progression scheme on it and only auto-regulate when you're really wiped out. What I don't like about HCT is how they recommend NOT to deadlift and squat in the same cycle. :confused:

f=ma
05-29-2010, 05:04 PM
yknow I actually plan on spending tonight figuring that out. i have absolutely nothing to do sadly. i prefer routines that are low volume but higher frequency.

i find the HCT training routine to be overly complicated. i vastly prefer simplicity.. i'm not even close to maxing linear gains so why get fancy imo.

---------------------

edit: i am doing my 5x5 hybrid. i really love 5x5 but i want a 4 day routine. i can post up the template for anyone who cares to take a peak.

chevelle2291
05-29-2010, 05:40 PM
yknow I actually plan on spending tonight figuring that out. i have absolutely nothing to do sadly. i prefer routines that are low volume but higher frequency.

i find the HCT training routine to be overly complicated. i vastly prefer simplicity.. i'm not even close to maxing linear gains so why get fancy imo.

---------------------

edit: i am doing my 5x5 hybrid. i really love 5x5 but i want a 4 day routine. i can post up the template for anyone who cares to take a peak.

Same here. I could prolly do something if I wanted to, but I'd like to get a lot of stuff around the house done that I've been puttin off.

I really don't think HCT is THAT complex once you first set it up, but I do think that the auto-regulation deal is a little...meh. Idk, I just see the autoreg as a way to not push yourself. I like getting psyched up to hit a heavier weight or rep each session, and I think a lot of people would simply use auto-reg as an excuse to slack off.

I'd be interested to see that 5x5 hybrid. How do you break down 5x5 for 4 days a week?

f=ma
05-29-2010, 06:03 PM
attached. plus i also want to dead and squat every week. also -- its not like I am expert. i consider myself an intermediate lifter. i want to get a belt also.. but i dont know that i need one. when to get a belt has always been a subject in debate for me. if i do, im going to get a bobs belt. those things are sweet.

in that template, i am being conservative with my 5rm numbers because i need extra time to adapt from my calorie levels.

the planned time frame is 10lbs over 26 weeks. within the template, i dropped my current lifts a bit in calculating current 5RMs to giive myself an extra 2 weeks or so to ramp up to my 5rm; that way I will not burn out as fast while i acclimate to new cal levels. im hoping to make it to week 10 without missing a lift... maybe deload, drop back a week and push through to week 15, repeat and hopefully to week 20. at that point, i will be in late november.. and im giving myself an additional 4 week buffer for unforseen set backs or deloads as necessary... maybe do a mini cut to make 181s.. do a PL meet.. see how things are from there

the BF estimate is 7.5% right now. that pegs me at 13.13lbs of fat currently. i am hoping for a 50/50 muscle/fat split in these 10lbs. hopefully it will be more favorable... but who knows. if i gain 5 fat, 5 lean mass, i would be 9.25% or so BF, which is totally acceptable. if i can get my strength that high again and stay sub 10%

chevelle2291
05-29-2010, 06:27 PM
attached. plus i also want to dead and squat every week. also -- its not like I am expert. i consider myself an intermediate lifter. i want to get a belt also.. but i dont know that i need one. when to get a belt has always been a subject in debate for me. if i do, im going to get a bobs belt. those things are sweet.

in that template, i am being conservative with my 5rm numbers because i need extra time to adapt from my calorie levels.

the planned time frame is 10lbs over 26 weeks. within the template, i dropped my current lifts a bit in calculating current 5RMs to giive myself an extra 2 weeks or so to ramp up to my 5rm; that way I will not burn out as fast while i acclimate to new cal levels. im hoping to make it to week 10 without missing a lift... maybe deload, drop back a week and push through to week 15, repeat and hopefully to week 20. at that point, i will be in late november.. and im giving myself an additional 4 week buffer for unforseen set backs or deloads as necessary... maybe do a mini cut to make 181s.. do a PL meet.. see how things are from there

the BF estimate is 7.5% right now. that pegs me at 13.13lbs of fat currently. i am hoping for a 50/50 muscle/fat split in these 10lbs. hopefully it will be more favorable... but who knows. if i gain 5 fat, 5 lean mass, i would be 9.25% or so BF, which is totally acceptable. if i can get my strength that high again and stay sub 10%

A third a pound a week, huh? Well, it sure is slow and steady and that'll prolly help with lean gains.

f=ma
05-30-2010, 08:53 AM
yup.. as slow as possible. legs are so sore from squats/lunges on friday. im very lethargic from dropping the ephedrine and caffeine. caffeine will still be taken on lifting days but the ephedrine is finito

30m cardio, intervals
bw 175.8
stretching

edit: another 200 cals of SS cardio for today

chevelle2291
05-30-2010, 07:41 PM
yup.. as slow as possible. legs are so sore from squats/lunges on friday. im very lethargic from dropping the ephedrine and caffeine. caffeine will still be taken on lifting days but the ephedrine is finito

30m cardio, intervals
bw 175.8
stretching

edit: another 200 cals of SS cardio for today

Do you always do intervals when bulking?

Mark!
05-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Template looks really good. I'm really interested in going all out on a 5x5 routine in the future, I like it quite a bit. Good luck with everything Tim, I know you'll go all out in whatever it is you're doing.

f=ma
05-31-2010, 03:56 AM
Do you always do intervals when bulking?
well.. based on some reading I've been doing, HIIT will increase hormone levels for 12-24 hours. if compensated with additional cals, HIIT may be able to help partition weight gain more favorably. now in light of this, I am dropping my total cardio back to three 400 cal sessions and four 100 cal sessions each week (whereas I was doing seven 400 cal sessions per week previously). I think I will continue this for the duration of this phase. the 100cal sessions will be SS and medium intensity falling upon lifting days.. whereas the HIIT days fall on rest days. the thing I'm not sure of is how it will work out due to planned carb intake. and truthfully, i have no idea how it will work... ive never done it before. for all I know, it will impair my progress... but

Template looks really good. I'm really interested in going all out on a 5x5 routine in the future, I like it quite a bit. Good luck with everything Tim, I know you'll go all out in whatever it is you're doing.
thank you mark. i decided to add 1 more work set. the original 5x5 has the heavy/light/medium days... i am not sure if just 2 work sets (eventually the top 2 sets in 5x5 become work sets) will be enough tension for strength progression... so I'm inclined to add another work set. im starting real low... I may even bump things up 10lbs or so. i'm only slotted for 195x5x2 today... i feel like i should be able to get like 225x5x2 right now... but i dont want to start too high and get burnt out too quickly. meh

-----------------

bw 175.8

diet notes: i went to a cookout yesterday. my splurge was 3 burgers w/o buns. 2 of them had 1 slice of american on there. diet for the rest of the day was perfect. i suspect my total splurge was about 400-500 cals above targeted cals for the day. this will prob be the extent of my cheating so this is good, I am pleased all things considered. im expecting a few lbs over the next week or so from glycogen stores refilling.. has nothing to do with real weight gain.. so while this bothers me psychologically, its expected. im treating the next 10-15 weeks almost as a precontest diet.. will all be precise. i have nothing better to do anyway so why not make it perfect. goal weight gain is about 1/4lb-1/3lb per week.

other notes: other non-specific goals of this is to reduce the amount of arch i use while benching. having a long torso, i can get BIG arch... this is no good for mass imo as it is a reduction of ROM. so the plan is to tuck my shoulders w/ minimal arch for purely stability. lastly, i bought a black/blue/black single prong 4" belt (http://www.bobsbelts.com/). 3-6 weeks for delivery :( i had no idea it would take so long or i would have ordered before.

f=ma
05-31-2010, 08:07 AM
bb bench, feet on bench, shoulders tucked, suicide
warm up
115x5
135x5
150x5
175x5
205x5
205x5
harder than expected. rest paused........ i hope i didnt screw myself by starting too high.

db row per arm
45x10
60x10
75x10
105x10
105x10
105x10
105x10/6,2,1,1 L/R

bb bench same style as above ex/ thumbs wrapped
155x10
155x10
155x10
155x9

db curls per arm
30x10
45x10
45x10
45x10

10m/100cals stairmaster MISS

once again.. primary bench movement was harder than expected. i probably could have started at 225 but that would have been my real 5rm right now and 3 weeks from now i would stall. gotta be patient... first set was easy, i did strain a bit on the second top set. with the higher cals and less cardio, i hope next week will be a nice surprise.

AM bw 175.8, same as yesterday. so far transition is perfect. tomorrow, back to the 5am workouts.

chevelle2291
05-31-2010, 10:03 AM
bb bench, feet on bench, shoulders tucked, suicide
warm up
115x5
135x5
150x5
175x5
205x5
205x5
harder than expected. rest paused........ i hope i didnt screw myself by starting too high.

db row per arm
45x10
60x10
75x10
105x10
105x10
105x10
105x10/6,2,1,1 L/R

bb bench same style as above ex/ thumbs wrapped
155x10
155x10
155x10
155x9

db curls per arm
30x10
45x10
45x10
45x10

10m/100cals stairmaster MISS

once again.. primary bench movement was harder than expected. i probably could have started at 225 but that would have been my real 5rm right now and 3 weeks from now i would stall. gotta be patient... first set was easy, i did strain a bit on the second top set. with the higher cals and less cardio, i hope next week will be a nice surprise.

AM bw 175.8, same as yesterday. so far transition is perfect. tomorrow, back to the 5am workouts.

VERY interesting 5x5 template. What's the methodology for the 100 chins vs a few sets of weighted chins? I'm surprised you have db lunges as an "assistance" exercise haha, that would definitely be a primary movement in a routine of mine, those drain me haha. Otherwise very interesting stuff. I like how you set it up as a 4 day routine, separating each big movement. Good stuff. Solid workout too.

f=ma
05-31-2010, 10:19 AM
ryan, thats 100 reps of weighted chins in as few sets as possible. initially im going to try to break it down into sets of 10. i will probably fade hard around 70 initially

i redid my diet to get rid of a lot of dextrose and add a lot more oatmeal. im also going to look into some dried fruit. imo.. my setup was great before.. but now it is pretty much perfect at the current target calorie levels.

chevelle2291
05-31-2010, 10:23 AM
ryan, thats 100 reps of weighted chins in as few sets as possible. initially im going to try to break it down into sets of 10. i will probably fade hard around 70 initially

i redid my diet to get rid of a lot of dextrose and add a lot more oatmeal. im also going to look into some dried fruit. imo.. my setup was great before.. but now it is pretty much perfect at the current target calorie levels.

oh ****, that's one hell of an effort then haha. How much weight usually?

f=ma
05-31-2010, 10:45 AM
targetting 25lbs initially.

dropping the dextrose a lot is going to be so much better tomorrow..... it is SO unsatiating. im growling with hunger here and i still have 2 hours til my next food intake. ugh...

most of my adaption is figuring out where my maintenance is. im estimating 2700 based on my excel science.. which actually still has me at a net deficit right now. next saturday will give me a real idea of where im at.

chevelle2291
05-31-2010, 10:46 AM
targetting 25lbs initially.

dropping the dextrose a lot is going to be so much better tomorrow..... it is SO unsatiating. im growling with hunger here and i still have 2 hours til my next food intake. ugh...

25 lbs! damn you must have a strong upper back. Are you simply replacing the dextrose with solid carbs?

f=ma
05-31-2010, 10:50 AM
yeah.. had to drop fats and whey protein slightly to add in another 60g of oatmeal per day. i really hope i smash the next 6 months here... ive put in a lot of time setting this up

chevelle2291
05-31-2010, 11:56 AM
yeah.. had to drop fats and whey protein slightly to add in another 60g of oatmeal per day. i really hope i smash the next 6 months here... ive put in a lot of time setting this up

I think you will bro. What's your protein intake at?

f=ma
05-31-2010, 03:18 PM
its 220g. i didnt actually drop anything grams-wise.. i just changed the amounts of certain items to add in the other stuff i wanted.. e.g., remove dextrose, whey, almonds, add oatmeal

f=ma
06-01-2010, 04:58 AM
warmup

deads
135x5
165x5
190x5
220x5
255x5
295x5
295x5

deficit deads
225x10
225x10
225x10
225x10

GMs
135x10
135x10
135x10
135x10

hypers
bwx10
bwx10
bwx10

10m/100cal stairmaster MISS

done

bw 176.8.. higher due to AM bathroom timing. not concerned. this will adjust by tomorrow.. thurs at the latest. 295 wasnt terribly heavy.. but still... i wonder if i started too high. for the record, i took 90% of my estimated 5RM as my 4 week peg. i may need to fully reset before then if my BMR isnt where i have estimated. i hate lifting easy weights... but its necessary when starting a program properly sometimes

Coke
06-01-2010, 11:59 AM
I agree, it does take some patience to lift lighter than norm...good deal there and with tweaking the diet.

f=ma
06-02-2010, 03:06 AM
thanks terry. i just hope i wont need to reset. its still hard to say if i picked the right maintenance level for my cals. I know i'm close though... bw has jumped a tad but i think its purely glycogen. it only took me like 8-10 hours to make this diet and setup so i better be close lol. i still look about as lean currently as i did at 175.0lb. this is why timing is so important in measurements and intake.. without a consistent basis, youre just taking wild guesses. this saturday AM will be my real checkpoint

bw 176.4
400cals hiit

Behemoth
06-02-2010, 10:41 AM
I personally think when you're doing things right like you are even when above "maintenance" your body will continue to burn fat for a short while longer. I wouldn't be suprised if you continue to lean out even with a rising bodyweight...

f=ma
06-03-2010, 03:01 AM
yeah i hope so rory...

bw is 176.8 this morning... i may be going crazy.. but i looked noticeably softer than prior days. change in cals is 200/day in increased intake and reduced cardio of 300.. so netting like 500.. and no more ephedrine. today is a scheduled high carb day but in light of how i feel/look, i am going to keep it at regular carb/calorie levels for a couple more days. i still have intense hunger all the time so im not quite sure what to make of my setup as a whole yet

fixationdarknes
06-03-2010, 04:56 AM
Hm... maybe just one of those days eh? I feel like I play mind games on myself way too much with the mirror and how I perceive myself lol.

f=ma
06-03-2010, 05:09 AM
not sure. thats why im holding off on a high carb day. i may need to adjust daily cals... going to sit down and completely revisit this on sat. also, i read one of rorys posts saying splenda is almost a 1g splenda:1g carb ratio? wtf. im throwing out the splenda i have.. i thought it was much much lower than that.. i have been using like probably 7-10g of splenda in my oatmeal... so thats up to 50ish cals of error. not a lot but enough to piss me off.

standing milis
wu
barx10
65x5
95x5
115x5
137.5x5
137.5x5

chins
bwx10
bw+25x10
bw+25x10
bw+25x8
bw+25x8
bw+25x6
bw+25x6
bw+25x6
bw+35x5
bw+45x5
bw+55x4
bw+65x2

HS plate loaded shoulder press
1ppsx10
2ppsx10
2.5ppsx8
3ppsx6

db shrugs
80sx10
90sx10
100sx10
100sx10

100cal stairmaster 10m

AM bw 176.8

Behemoth
06-03-2010, 05:51 AM
http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-splenda-ft77948 Going off of this I weighed a half of cup of splenda which came in at 26g weight. Yeah pretty much 1g = 1g CHO.

And honestly, I wouldn't drop the ephedrine right now. Coming off that **** is so hard on you you probably have MAD adrenal burnout and it's going to take weeks and weeks to recover from. I'd just hang onto until you have something more than 500 cals to take it's place in energy. It's also probably a HUGE contributing factor to your hunger. The stuff always anihilated my hunger personally.

f=ma
06-03-2010, 11:05 AM
yeah thanks man. i stopped abruptly w/ the ephedrine on saturday. i took 12.5mg this morning just because.. i'll taper it down over the next week or so. my dog ****ed up my floors badly & intentionally by digging in a corner. i want to give him away right now. im might get him declawed in front

Coke
06-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Your dog is a beast dude, lol - hope that **** works out ok...holding on strong with the lifting.

f=ma
06-04-2010, 02:46 AM
terry.. yea. hes an 80lb yellow english lab. definitely not meant to be a condo dog. its partly my fault as i have been at work so much and he gets upset.. and it will work out.. its just going to cost me thousands, again. everywhere we move, he does this at some point. hardwood is particularly expensive to repair as ive learned

am bw 176.4
very lean looking this AM.. lots of lower abdomen vascularity. believe it or not, but arm vascularity has actually improved this past week. also, im having a hard time moving around.. the following muscle groups are absolutely smoked: hams, delts, tris, chest, back. my quads are all thats left hahaha.. and not for long

f=ma
06-04-2010, 05:06 AM
best workout of 2010 this morning albeit light weights

wu

atf oly sq
95x10
115x5
135x5
155x5
185x5
207.5x5
207.5x5
245x3
the 207.5's were my acclimation work sets.. but i was testing a slightly diff stance which i LOVE. it is awesome, form was perfect.. i tested it out with a little more weight.. which was also good but my hips are coming up first which i need to figure out. i did finally break down and order a custom belt which should be here in another month or so.. that will help with staying more upright i hope.

db lunges
50sx10
60sx10
70sx10
70sx10

leg ext ss w/ some plate loaded calf machine
240x10/5.5ppsx10
240x10/5.5ppsx10
240x10/5.5ppsx10
240x10/5.5ppsx10
240x10/5.5ppsx10

10m elliptical 160bpm HR

done

post workout pump was amazing. mirror looked perfect. bw timing finally straightened itself out this morning i think. the only change in my diet is the additional of ground beef and fat free cheese in the PM, which i think messed with my intestinal track for a few days as i've been chicken only for a while

chevelle2291
06-04-2010, 06:35 AM
best workout of 2010 this morning albeit light weights

wu

atf oly sq
95x10
115x5
135x5
155x5
185x5
207.5x5
207.5x5
245x3
the 207.5's were my acclimation work sets.. but i was testing a slightly diff stance which i LOVE. it is awesome, form was perfect.. i tested it out with a little more weight.. which was also good but my hips are coming up first which i need to figure out. i did finally break down and order a custom belt which should be here in another month or so.. that will help with staying more upright i hope.

db lunges
50sx10
60sx10
70sx10
70sx10

leg ext ss w/ some plate loaded calf machine
240x10/5.5ppsx10
240x10/5.5ppsx10
240x10/5.5ppsx10
240x10/5.5ppsx10
240x10/5.5ppsx10

10m elliptical 160bpm HR

done

post workout pump was amazing. mirror looked perfect. bw timing finally straightened itself out this morning i think. the only change in my diet is the additional of ground beef and fat free cheese in the PM, which i think messed with my intestinal track for a few days as i've been chicken only for a while

Nice workout. I like the DB Lunges. :evillaugh:

Time+Patience
06-04-2010, 09:47 AM

This is wonderful! You are turning into a muscle-building scientist!

You've got things mapped out so well. I wish I could do it, but "winging it" works best, or it just fits best for me.

Just have some patience with things! That's what I'm trying to follow. Just a little bit stronger and a little bit bigger every month. I know you have the patience, I saw it with your Wendler routine. I'm reading up on that actually, that and Bill Starr's 5x5.

Time+Patience
06-04-2010, 09:51 AM
believe it or not, but arm vascularity has actually improved this past week.

:omg: I don't believe it! It's about damn time that some vascularity is popping off in your arms. I was wondering what was up with that. I've put on 20 pounds since the contest and I'm still holding onto some vascularity through my arms and calves, but no where else!

Coke
06-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Good deal on the custom built belt, just the sound of that rocks, lol...great news about the increased vascularity too.

chevelle2291
06-04-2010, 07:36 PM
terry.. yea. hes an 80lb yellow english lab. definitely not meant to be a condo dog. its partly my fault as i have been at work so much and he gets upset.. and it will work out.. its just going to cost me thousands, again. everywhere we move, he does this at some point. hardwood is particularly expensive to repair as ive learned

am bw 176.4
very lean looking this AM.. lots of lower abdomen vascularity. believe it or not, but arm vascularity has actually improved this past week. also, im having a hard time moving around.. the following muscle groups are absolutely smoked: hams, delts, tris, chest, back. my quads are all thats left hahaha.. and not for long

Haha, it's amazing how upset dogs can get when they don't get the attention they want. My dog won't come near me for a while if I've been gone as if he's trying to punish me for leaving him haha. Then, eventually he'll come over and want me to scratch his ear haha.

f=ma
06-05-2010, 04:59 AM
This is wonderful! You are turning into a muscle-building scientist!

You've got things mapped out so well. I wish I could do it, but "winging it" works best, or it just fits best for me.

Just have some patience with things! That's what I'm trying to follow. Just a little bit stronger and a little bit bigger every month. I know you have the patience, I saw it with your Wendler routine. I'm reading up on that actually, that and Bill Starr's 5x5.

:omg: I don't believe it! It's about damn time that some vascularity is popping off in your arms. I was wondering what was up with that. I've put on 20 pounds since the contest and I'm still holding onto some vascularity through my arms and calves, but no where else!
what better than to combine the two programs!! (thats what i attempted to do w/ this setup. this are going very well so far. i actually have vascularity everywhere but my biceps. calves.. quads.. lower abdomen.. forearms, forehead (hah).. bis are just flat. weird.

Good deal on the custom built belt, just the sound of that rocks, lol...great news about the increased vascularity too.
thanks terry. it does rock, its a black/blue/black 4" bob's belt. i'm excited to get it.. not excited to break it in though

Haha, it's amazing how upset dogs can get when they don't get the attention they want. My dog won't come near me for a while if I've been gone as if he's trying to punish me for leaving him haha. Then, eventually he'll come over and want me to scratch his ear haha.
he was not meant to be cooped up in a condo all day. i have seriously debated giving him away to a family w/ intracoastal property the past few days because i cant give him the time he deserves... but im so selfish i dont want to

----------------------------------

anyways, bitching and moaning aside, very lean this morning.

bw 175.4.
400cal stairmaster MISS

thats 0.4lbs increase over the past week. i am still in a hypothetical weight loss deficit of 0.88lbs per week as per my excel science. considering i replaced my high carb day with normal eating, my hypothetical loss should be almost exactly 1lbs/wk. i think it would probably be best to hold at the current levels until next saturday and see how things move again -- if at all -- then make revisions. if the current weight increase is correct, then my maint is roughly 2k cals. based on the rate i was losing weight at my calorie levels from like 3 weeks ago that just cant be right.... so i need to wait and see to get a better picture of my real weight movement at current levels. meh.

f=ma
06-06-2010, 07:53 AM
am bw 175.0
400cal MISS

i am leaner than this time last week, absolutely no question about it. i have striations in my delts, very good back separation (imo) and much better quad separation even post cardio (which usually deflates me). still barely any arm vascularity tho. diet has been nothing short of perfect with one exception: i had 20g of extra oatmeal and 40g of dried pineapple yesterday. i was sherpaing heavy furniture by myself yesterday and it really exhausted me and i needed some extra food. it was about 215 extra cals.

Behemoth
06-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Good stuff Tim. You have your BP checked recently? Strange about that arm vascularity... you would think the slow filling out from the extra cals accompanied by your lean self would really make them pop like garden hoses

f=ma
06-07-2010, 02:10 AM
i havent and i really should. i get light headed every time i stand. im between insurance coverage atm so ive been putting it off. my resting heart rate is really low though... like 38-42 tops. i've measured it on a few occasions. some asshat pulled the fire alarm about 30m ago.. i didnt bother trying to go back to bed. chest/back this morning

Mark!
06-07-2010, 03:04 AM
I don't think that's really low Tim. For people who are active and such, heart rates are lower. Even mine is around 54BPM resting. Get your BP checked man, go to the local pharmacy and have it done there for free. I bought one of those wrist thingys and use it just about daily to check mine, it's been pretty accurate, not 110% as accurate but it's enough to tell you if you're about to stroke out or not, haha.

f=ma
06-07-2010, 04:57 AM
yeah its not the resting HR im worried about.. its lightheadedness every time i stand. i dont faint or even get close to it but the blood drains then returns after about 5 sec. not sure... so chest/back this morning..

wu

bench
95x5
115x5
135x5
155x5
180x5
210x5
210x5
played with grips here.. my left shoulder and elbow are tweaked.. trying to get a good groove.. did not find it.. even on light sets it was awkward. this may be the result of like 6 months of heavy lifting with no intentional time off

db row per arm -- ****ty ass rows
50x10
80x10
110x10
110x10
110x10
110x10
last two sets were filled with rest pauses and resets because i couldnt hold onto the dbs today, very poor

bb incline bench
135x10
145x10
145x10
145x8,2
145x7,3
felt ok

db curls per arm
30x10
45x10
45x10
45x10

db inc bench
70sx10
70sx10

100 cal MISS stairmaster

my left shoulder did not feel good last week benching either. im just hoping this isnt a chronic problem developing. need to look into that shoulder prehab that ive seen travis bell mention

Coke
06-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Keep hanging tough where the shoulder & elbow is concerned...diet is a key factor in these moments and you have in fact been dieting down.

f=ma
06-07-2010, 06:22 PM
terry, lemme tell you this sucks. my shoulder doesnt hurt yet but its going to if i keep on flat benching. im going to start adding a decent amount of rotator warmup and im dropping 5x5 bench.. just going to do low incline db bench and incline bb. burning out my shoulder at age 28 is not worth it

while i am bitching... i dont want to eat 3oz of pasta. i want like 12oz of pasta and a 20oz of ground beef and another 4oz of FULL FAT CHEDDAR. sigh

fixationdarknes
06-07-2010, 08:24 PM
I feel you on the left rotator cuff. That's exactly the area that's been bothering me for a while now! The external and internal lying-down rotating motions using light dumbbells has seemed to help me, along with slightly-decreased pressing volume and just a general awareness of not stressing my cuff during the day (opening/closing doors, sliding open windows, etc.). I should probably add in some light face pulls every now and then too.

Good work nonetheless bro.

chevelle2291
06-07-2010, 09:39 PM
F, how wide are you when you bench? I've never really gotten rotator "pain," but I have gotten some deep aches in there on occasion. I always find that tucking in my elbows (not flaring) and going to a closer grip always helps. Just my experience, although I'm sure you know proper bench form. :)

f=ma
06-08-2010, 02:56 AM
I feel you on the left rotator cuff. That's exactly the area that's been bothering me for a while now! The external and internal lying-down rotating motions using light dumbbells has seemed to help me, along with slightly-decreased pressing volume and just a general awareness of not stressing my cuff during the day (opening/closing doors, sliding open windows, etc.). I should probably add in some light face pulls every now and then too.

Good work nonetheless bro.
thanks fix. gonna have to run with it and see how it goes

F, how wide are you when you bench? I've never really gotten rotator "pain," but I have gotten some deep aches in there on occasion. I always find that tucking in my elbows (not flaring) and going to a closer grip always helps. Just my experience, although I'm sure you know proper bench form. :)
i bench w/ pinkies on the rings. i have been using PL form. i have a great build for benching.. i have a long torso and i can get massive amounts of arch. ive been trying to move away from that and just tuck my shoulders. it probably is a form problem but given that im still tucking and not flaring until i need to i dont know where i can go w/ this one except away from the exercise entirely

this weekend im dropping my standards and will be very aggressive -- this is the longest ive been w/o a girlfriend in a while. shouldnt be hard, im just sooo picky normally. i want an athlete

f=ma
06-08-2010, 05:00 AM
am bw 175.4

warmup

deads
135x5
170x5
195x5
225x5
260x5
305x5
305x5

def deads
225x10
225x10
225x10
225x12

gms
135x10
135x10
135x10
135x10

decline situps
bwx10
bw+10x10
bw+20x10
bw+20x10

100cal MISS stairmaster

Time+Patience
06-08-2010, 08:54 AM
I like the amount of cardio you have in your routine. Not too much, just enough to get things going. Are you feeling much better with the decision of not dieting down anymore and slowly building your calories back up? Have you noticed the change physically from hard diet to clean diet?

I'm back on the clean diet myself, probably getting around 3,000 calories on workout days, and less carbs on non-workout days. I feel great when I eat clean, do you notice a difference when you eat cleanner?

f=ma
06-08-2010, 06:48 PM
i feel great about not dieting further. i am pretty much at maintenance right now exactly. my weight has been extremely consistent the past 10 days. if i stick where i was at again this next saturday i'm going to bump things by 125 cals/day, pretty much all carbs. my diet while doing the precontest setup per alberto is substantially exactly what I'm doing now except with more calories per day. diet is 100% clean.. no indulgences whatsoever for a few months now... i did have those 3 unscheduled burgers on memorial day and subway once in early may also... but that is it.

Behemoth
06-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Damn that's impressive consistency. You give me no excuse but to be 100% perfect for my remainder.

f=ma
06-08-2010, 07:10 PM
i know exactly how i started getting so fat last time. i got impatient... i wanted to eat big.... petience is very difficult. im really hungry but waiting to see how it pans out over time before i up things

chevelle2291
06-08-2010, 07:38 PM
this weekend im dropping my standards and will be very aggressive -- this is the longest ive been w/o a girlfriend in a while. shouldnt be hard, im just sooo picky normally. i want an athlete

Pics when this happens...

Oh, and motivation..

http://worldinspiration.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/allison_stokke.jpg

Edit: Oh, and how are you not getting laid like every weekend? You're jacked as hell and it ain't like your an ugly mofo either (no homo). Plus, you're in Florida, right? Do you not hit up the clubs/bars that often? I'd imagine it'd be tough not to imbibe if everyone else was, though. Hell, if I were you I'd just go to the beach and ****in' clean house haha. Good luck man. :thumbup:

f=ma
06-09-2010, 03:41 AM
Damn that's impressive consistency. You give me no excuse but to be 100% perfect for my remainder.
thanks man

Pics when this happens...

Oh, and motivation..

Edit: Oh, and how are you not getting laid like every weekend? You're jacked as hell and it ain't like your an ugly mofo either (no homo). Plus, you're in Florida, right? Do you not hit up the clubs/bars that often? I'd imagine it'd be tough not to imbibe if everyone else was, though. Hell, if I were you I'd just go to the beach and ****in' clean house haha. Good luck man. :thumbup:
yeah im in FL. well its only been like 3 weeks. i dont drink ever really.. i dont like drinking anymore. i used to (see old journal) get hammered regularly but it completely lost its appeal. i will report back. like i said, i have very high standards. i'm going out with a milf from work this friday actually lol. shes prob like early 40s.. SLAMMING body and fake rack though.

---------------------------------------------

am bw 174.6
400 cal MISS

i've been on 5-7 hours of sleep tops for the past 2 weeks. i really should just skip and go back to bed for a while today.

work has been so ****ty the past 10ish days. first real grind at the new job... and i have not been given the tools to my job well in the time frame allocated. i have excellent notes and will destroy next month.. but its embarassing to have struggled like this. i have massive new job anxiety atm.. **** has piled up very quickly. i could prob work 10-12 hr lunchless days for the next week and just barely be caught up

pinky8713
06-09-2010, 11:24 AM
I was just looking through your new journal here. Good luck with your goals. I see you having no problem hitting your numbers by December. And lookin sick after the cut man! That's where I would like to be. I want to get up over 175 lean.

chevelle2291
06-09-2010, 02:53 PM
You've only been there three weeks? Damn, that's a short amount of time. What don't you like about drinking anymore? The fat gain aspect? :P

f=ma
06-09-2010, 05:00 PM
thanks pinky, appreciate it man

ryan, ive only been truly single for a handful of weeks. ive been in florida for a while now... 3 years? i dont like drinking because its a waste of cals & i hate feeling like **** the next day. last time i boozed was on halloween of 2008 for the first time in months and i got a DUI. that soured me pretty badly also. if it were legal, i would be puffing instead. being drunk and picking up bar trash is amusing though.. but few little is more annoying than being around drunk people when youre sober. drunk people are so irritating.

chevelle2291
06-09-2010, 08:43 PM
thanks pinky, appreciate it man

ryan, ive only been truly single for a handful of weeks. ive been in florida for a while now... 3 years? i dont like drinking because its a waste of cals & i hate feeling like **** the next day. last time i boozed was on halloween of 2008 for the first time in months and i got a DUI. that soured me pretty badly also. if it were legal, i would be puffing instead. being drunk and picking up bar trash is amusing though.. but few little is more annoying than being around drunk people when youre sober. drunk people are so irritating.

Haha so true. Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

fixationdarknes
06-09-2010, 10:48 PM

:hello: Me too! Going to be meeting up with a lot of people this weekend and I will be hunting for some prey :ninja:

Great work with the diet too. It's gotta feel good to be maintaining such a great physique! I've also had a burger myself in the past week, but I usually don't feel too bad about it because I could use the calories and I usually get protein-style (bunless).

Keep it up bro.

f=ma
06-10-2010, 03:05 AM
fix it def does. i am pleased with my progress. i wish i could have held on too more strength.. but i know im going to bounce back big time with a MUCH lower bw this time. ideally this time next year i would like to be sub 10% with a 3x bw pull and a double bw bench. squat i dont really care about LOL

prewo notes:

bw 174.4. doing a high carb today with 100 extra carbs. i am convinced that i am slightly below maintenance. i am making an adjustment this saturday to up things slightly

f=ma
06-10-2010, 05:12 AM
bw 174.4. im not rory lean but im still looking pretty.

arm circles
rotator movements
arm circles
rotator movements

standing milis
85x5
95x5
105x5
115x5
120x5
140x5
140x5
shoulder feels good. its sore but it is a DOMS sore, not a pain sore

chins
bwx10
bw+25x10
bw+25x10 20
bw+25x9
bw+25x8 37
bw+25x8
bw+25x6 51
bw+35x6
bw+50x5 62
bw+65x3 65
good

dips
bwx20
bwx20
bwx18
good

db shrugs
70sx10
90sx10
90sx10
90sx10

100cal MISS stairmaster

high carb day today. WOOOO.

Mark!
06-10-2010, 05:28 AM
Nice standing mili's, and have fun on the high carb day. Everything looks good bro.

pinky8713
06-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Solid workout buddy. Good chins too.

So are you working on gaining weight back now? What's your diet going to be like?

I'd like to ask for your advice - I'm in the 155-160lb weight range right now. I would guess my bodyfat percentage is 10-11%. I'm definietly lean but I'm not all cut up by any means. I'm going to be gaining as much weight as possible. I'm in the mindset now of eating whatever it takes to down enough calories to keep the weight gaining. I don't eat any real crap food like potatoe chips or anything.. but I'm eating pizza, burgers, italian beefs, whatever. I've gained good ammounts of weight in the past without eating perfectly clean with minimal fat gain. Do you think if it's worked in the past I shouldn't worry about it much? Or do you think it would be in my better interest to crack down on a clean diet since I'm going to be shooting for 180-190lbs.

Time+Patience
06-10-2010, 02:03 PM
i know im going to bounce back big time with a MUCH lower bw this time. ideally this time next year i would like to be sub 10% with a 3x bw pull and a double bw bench. squat i dont really care about LOL

I think you'll do great with this slower bulk, and with the clean diet. That's the ideal way to go about it, and I'm trying to follow that plan. I'm looking to add 5 pounds of muscle by my next contest, which is about 10 months away. A lot of things are going to change from what I did last time.

And LOL at "Squat, I don't really care about".

If you're DLing 3x BW you should be up in the 400's with your Squat.

Go get it.

Time+Patience
06-10-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm going to be vacationing in Jacksonville for a week this summer, so I was thinking "Maybe F=ma isn't to far away, we could get a workout or two in" but then I mapquested Ft. Lauderdale from Jacksonville and I realized it was forever away. LOL

Florida is a long state! I've been to Ft. Lauderdale before, but I forgot how far south it was.

How do you like living in Florida? Where are you from originally from?

Coke
06-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Damn dude, major props throughout, especially the crazy sets of chins.

f=ma
06-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Nice standing mili's, and have fun on the high carb day. Everything looks good bro.

thanks man. sadly its only 100g of carbs more than normal haha. i could binge much harder right now

Solid workout buddy. Good chins too.

So are you working on gaining weight back now? What's your diet going to be like?

I'd like to ask for your advice - I'm in the 155-160lb weight range right now. I would guess my bodyfat percentage is 10-11%. I'm definietly lean but I'm not all cut up by any means. I'm going to be gaining as much weight as possible. I'm in the mindset now of eating whatever it takes to down enough calories to keep the weight gaining. I don't eat any real crap food like potatoe chips or anything.. but I'm eating pizza, burgers, italian beefs, whatever. I've gained good ammounts of weight in the past without eating perfectly clean with minimal fat gain. Do you think if it's worked in the past I shouldn't worry about it much? Or do you think it would be in my better interest to crack down on a clean diet since I'm going to be shooting for 180-190lbs.
the past 2 weeks i have been transitioning back into weight gain. i have taken it very slow to establish where my maintenence is. my goal is 10lbs over the next 26 weeks. my diet while gaining will be substantially the same as my diet when i was cutting. just more calories..

personally, after having bulked to 230... then cut to 175.. i will never eat without precision again. i may have gained the most muscle possible but it took me 5 months to fix my overconsumption. it highly depends on your goals also. if you to discuss further, shoot me a pm. i can talk diets and splits all day long haha

I think you'll do great with this slower bulk, and with the clean diet. That's the ideal way to go about it, and I'm trying to follow that plan. I'm looking to add 5 pounds of muscle by my next contest, which is about 10 months away. A lot of things are going to change from what I did last time.

Go get it.

Go get it.

haha yeah. that is pretty much exactly what i'm aiming for. i want 10lbs... i suspect 5 will be fat, 5 will be muscle worst case scenario. i think that if i can persevere and ride this out the way I have planned, it may be as high as 2 fat/8muscle. thats purely speculation though.. as far as squatting.. i dont care about the weights im using. i go olympic style which will always limit me strength-wise.. but as long as i imrpove size and shape of my quads i dont care.

I'm going to be vacationing in Jacksonville for a week this summer, so I was thinking "Maybe F=ma isn't to far away, we could get a workout or two in" but then I mapquested Ft. Lauderdale from Jacksonville and I realized it was forever away. LOL

Florida is a long state! I've been to Ft. Lauderdale before, but I forgot how far south it was.

How do you like living in Florida? Where are you from originally from?
i'm actually in downtown west palm beach & i am from north chicagoland area. i like certain aspects of it a lot.. others i really dislike. but yeah, sadly JAX and WPB are quite far apart.. if you get further south, i'm definitely in for a workout. bring your headphones though because i'm all business.. no talking or screwing around lol

Damn dude, major props throughout, especially the crazy sets of chins.

thank you terry! chins are becoming my fav movement

f=ma
06-11-2010, 05:05 AM
AM bw 174.8

warmup..
bw lunges, arm circles, rotator work, bw squats

atf olympics
95x8
120x5
140x5
160x5
185x5
215x5
215x5
so perfect and so easy. i cant wait until i finally get to my 90% 5rm in a few weeks and start making forward progress

db lunges
35sx5/5
50sx5/5
65sx5/5
80sx10/10
80sx8/8
these are so anaerobic. whew

plate loaded calf press ss w/ leg ext
5.5ppsx10/240x10
5.5ppsx10/240x10
5.5ppsx10/240x10
5.5ppsx10/240x10
5.5ppsx10/240x10

100cal stairmaster 95s/m

finito. i can feel my left rotator....... i have only been on like 6 hours of sleep each night for the past 2 weeks. i'm going to turn my alarm off tomorrow and sunday and just sleep until whenever. i need to catch up on rest big time. depending on how i feel, i may skip benching entirely next monday and just give it time to rest. its entirely possible i am truly overtrained.

Behemoth
06-11-2010, 10:23 AM
10lbs in 6 months??? You planning on never filling out the glycogen or water? You'll do over 10lbs worth of that after 6 months of dieting for sure.

f=ma
06-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Yeah, with that ill probably be 195. I've thought about the math and I can't think of a way to quantify it... so I want 10 lbs net of bloat. This weekend Cal's are coming up by like 150/day. I'm in a slight deficit right now. I want to do this in something just past a recomp

chevelle2291
06-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Nice workout. I'm likin' the lunges. Those are definitely anaerobic as hell. Definitely one of the tougher exercises, especially when grip comes into play. I've debated throwing those into my workout for hamstrings but I think it would just be added fluff after the stiff deads and hamstring curls.

Hope your shoulder feels better. I sometimes sleep awkwardly on mine and it definitely doesn't like that.

Coke
06-11-2010, 03:01 PM
The lunges are definitely huge, good job overall though bro.

f=ma
06-12-2010, 05:57 AM
thanks ryan, thank you terry.

rory, i dont have a better idea beyond slowly adding back in cals. i'm playing with my diet right now in seeing how i perhaps can better manipulate my off days better to work with higher FP and drop carbs down. i think that would be advantageous to what im trying to do. i have modified setup that i like that puts me just above maintenance based on my cals and weight for the past 2 weeks with much different carb timing. im actually down this morning in weight to a hydrated predump weight of 174 w/ perfect diet all this week.... so im backing my estimated maint to 2500 up from earlier estimates. maybe im being too much of a perfectionist about this. i am going to run with this new version for another 2 weeks and see how it goes... average calories net of activity over the course of the week based on revised maint estimates are substantially the same. cals are 2900/2350 for lifting/off respectively. we'll see how this goes.. my diet excel workbook has become pretty significant with data and calcs lol

Mark!
06-12-2010, 06:06 AM
Definitely huge on the lunges man. I can't do more than a couple, just because I'm a lard ass, but definitely something I like doing to hurt myself. I know that you know, but just in case you're having a momentary lapse of reason...please....get some sleep. Let that shoulder rest, let the body recoup and get back to 110% like you're normal self buddy.

Behemoth
06-12-2010, 08:26 AM

rory, i dont have a better idea beyond slowly adding back in cals. i'm playing with my diet right now in seeing how i perhaps can better manipulate my off days better to work with higher FP and drop carbs down. i think that would be advantageous to what im trying to do. i have modified setup that i like that puts me just above maintenance based on my cals and weight for the past 2 weeks with much different carb timing. im actually down this morning in weight to a hydrated predump weight of 174 w/ perfect diet all this week.... so im backing my estimated maint to 2500 up from earlier estimates. maybe im being too much of a perfectionist about this. i am going to run with this new version for another 2 weeks and see how it goes... average calories net of activity over the course of the week based on revised maint estimates are substantially the same. cals are 2900/2350 for lifting/off respectively. we'll see how this goes.. my diet excel workbook has become pretty significant with data and calcs lol

Pretty sure what's going on is the same thing as a conditioned bodybuilder stage ready early. To my knowledge I believe they generally increase calories for the remaining weeks leading up to the show and they don't put on weight. Are you still working with Berto?

chevelle2291
06-12-2010, 08:46 AM

This diet crap is good and all, but I think everyone really wants to know how that date went last night...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukBbXT8wF3Y

f=ma
06-12-2010, 08:56 AM
i am yeah. i have done explicitly what berto and i talked about for the past 2 weeks. I am without a doubt leaner than i was on 5/29 when I began.. but i feel like i can improve what i am doing with modified timing and daily dietary content

post # 84 is new, undiscussed diet theory for me though i did send him an email this morning about it.

f=ma
06-13-2010, 05:56 AM
so much for gaining weight on the old cal setup haha... clearly im quite a bit under projected maint. i'm glad i was patient though.. this AM i was fully hydrated, fully rested this morning. about 8 hours of sleep.. hoping i hear back from alberto today.

400cal stairmaster MISS
bw 172.4

f=ma
06-13-2010, 06:21 AM
precardio pic. sometimes i cant believe its me.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29408&stc=1&d=1276431647

f=ma
06-13-2010, 07:53 AM
ps.. ryan.. date was solid. i have such unrealistic expectations. every milf i encounter that looks lean i envision to have a porn star body. its never the case... regular people just dont know how to do what we do

Coke
06-13-2010, 11:12 AM
That is you bro, lol - amazing shot!!

fixationdarknes
06-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Damn dude. In your pic, I can see why they call them "Quads" XD

Your upper body is looking sick and really tanned too.

cphafner
06-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Just got a chance to close your old log. Sorry for taking so long.

chevelle2291
06-13-2010, 02:13 PM
ps.. ryan.. date was solid. i have such unrealistic expectations. every milf i encounter that looks lean i envision to have a porn star body. its never the case... regular people just dont know how to do what we do

I know exactly what you mean. There's been so many times where I think a girl will have a smoking body but then I see her in a swimsuit and its a big disappointment. Welcome to unfit AMerica, huh? :p

btw, you looked sick in this newest pic. I'm supremely jealous of you ab genetics. Nice shape.

chevelle2291
06-13-2010, 02:21 PM

I know exactly what you mean. There's been so many times where I think a girl will have a smoking body but then I see her in a swimsuit and its a big disappointment. Welcome to unfit AMerica, huh? :p

btw, you looked sick in this newest pic. I'm supremely jealous of you ab genetics. Nice shape.

Oh, and no homo but have you thought of doing some fitness modeling? It'll probably be easier to do after you hit your first show, but you definitely look good enough for it. Might as well take advantage of how good you look and call some agencies haha.

ThomasG
06-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Damn! Looking sold bro

f=ma
06-13-2010, 07:13 PM
That is you bro, lol - amazing shot!!
thanks terry. been working hard!

Damn dude. In your pic, I can see why they call them "Quads" XD

Your upper body is looking sick and really tanned too.
thanks fix!

Just got a chance to close your old log. Sorry for taking so long.
danke connor!

Oh, and no homo but have you thought of doing some fitness modeling? It'll probably be easier to do after you hit your first show, but you definitely look good enough for it. Might as well take advantage of how good you look and call some agencies haha.
thanks man. yknow i like your thinking. while male modeling is gay, i am greedy and i would like more money so i can buy an M3 and a nicer condo... :P

Damn! Looking sold bro
thanks thomas!

------------------------------

tomorrow.......... against my better judgement i am going to attempt to bench. shoulder feels good.. so the plan is this. I am going to warm up on the bb... then if i feel less than 100% i will switch to low incline dbs

Mark!
06-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Dude you look freaking fantastic. Amazing. Good luck tomorrow, just listen to your body, and don't overdo it.

f=ma
06-13-2010, 07:49 PM
thanks mark! i'm going to be really careful. i dont want to injure myself... but at the same time.. ugh i hate time off.

tomorrow is day 1 of my little carb cycle experiment.. i havent heard from alberto yet so im on my own for a few days i guess.. nothing fancy like high/med/low... we have either lifting day or off day. off day is a 500cal deficit.. lifting day is a 300cal surplus, all 100% clean. this is new ground for me. if i look fatter next week, we will all know my cal targets for lifting days was too high or my body did not react the way i anticipated (this will truly surprise me).. though i suspect cals may be slightly low based on some differential analysis of my weight movement in the last 14 days and cal contents of those days.... but this is a recomp attempt so it may not matter since i'm so close to my BEP....... i'm becoming a mad scientist here.

chevelle2291
06-13-2010, 10:56 PM
I hear ya on that M3, goddamn I want that car haha. That and a Ducati 848 (or maybe the S1000RR) and I'd be set.

Btw, your dieting techniques scare me. :p. I'm interested to see your results, but I'm wondering if it would really hurt your leanness all that much to be on a surplus every day. Obviously, you know way more about this stuff than I do and you know your body, but I'm curious to see if you could gain muscle faster than you think while still staying lean?

f=ma
06-14-2010, 01:58 AM
me too, i love the 2011 m3's. sadly its out of my regular jobs price range... i could buy one.. but i would be highly leveraged and i would have to give up a lot of comfort...and considering i already own my 2007 avalanche outright..... its would be dumb. but an extra $1k/mo.... i could piss that away guilt-free haha

chevelle2291
06-14-2010, 02:11 AM
me too, i love the 2011 m3's. sadly its out of my regular jobs price range... i could buy one.. but i would be highly leveraged and i would have to give up a lot of comfort...and considering i already own my 2007 avalanche outright..... its would be dumb. but an extra $1k/mo.... i could piss that away guilt-free haha

That's why they're called impulse buys :p

f=ma
06-14-2010, 02:21 AM
what are you doing up

only the people who are still drunk and those that are insane (me) are up right now

chevelle2291
06-14-2010, 02:44 AM
what are you doing up

only the people who are still drunk and those that are insane (me) are up right now

It's called a f'ed up sleep cycle and not having a full-time job (unfortunately) so I can sleep in until whenever. :p

Mark!
06-14-2010, 02:50 AM
Log me in for being insane please?

f=ma
06-14-2010, 02:53 AM
hahah check and check

chest and back inc. i'm not even going to attempt bb bench... just rotator warmup and low db incline.. it will help with shoulder girdle comfort until i can evaluate where im at

chevelle2291
06-14-2010, 02:58 AM
hahah check and check

chest and back inc. i'm not even going to attempt bb bench... just rotator warmup and low db incline.. it will help with shoulder girdle comfort until i can evaluate where im at

You aren't feeling it today? I honestly don't know why barbell bench is considered such a great exercise. I've always found DB incline to be a lot better in terms of chest pump and it seems everyone at some point Fs up their shoulder(s) doing it. It's such an ego lift.

Mark!
06-14-2010, 03:14 AM
I'm going to transfer some of my bench work over to dumbbells starting next week and see how it feels. Gotta try something different, not expecting much of a gain while on this massive cut though. I just wanna see 200, but I never try to max out, so who knows.
Not a bad idea playing it safe, especially with the shoulder, that could be freakin painful and screw other parts of training up.

fixationdarknes
06-14-2010, 04:56 AM
You aren't feeling it today? I honestly don't know why barbell bench is considered such a great exercise. I've always found DB incline to be a lot better in terms of chest pump and it seems everyone at some point Fs up their shoulder(s) doing it. It's such an ego lift.

True, a big ego lift for the majority of lifters. But I do think it's a great exercise. Probably for the same reason that military press is considered a great exercise. It's a basic primary movement done in a fashion that allows for the most weight used possible. Works for me :D

fixationdarknes
06-14-2010, 04:58 AM
what are you doing up

:hello:

f=ma
06-14-2010, 05:16 AM
well after some band rotator warmups and some more light rotator warm ups i did bench anyway. im a hypocrite

AM weight 172.3

bb bench.. PL style.. shoulders tucked full arch.. the comfort zone for me... i didnt plan on bb benching so i didnt write down my projected warmup before i left.. so this is slow and steady
barx10
95x8
115x5
145x5
170x5
195x5
220x5
220x6
no probs, feeling good

db row per arm
35x10
50x10
75x10
90x10
105x10
105x10
105x10
105x10
this ex is the goddamn culprit right here. need to find a sub.... this is the last week im doing db rows.. maybe ill do the HS plate loaded row.. or go back to bb row (most likely)

bb inc bench
95x10
155x10
155x10
155x6,2,1, pinned on 10th, i just did a situp with the weight in the clean position and reracked hah

db curls per arm
35x10
45x10
45x10
45x12

db incline press per arm
40x10
70x10
70x8

100 cal stairmaster 85s/m

done. off we go to the land of massive amounts of oatmeal, ww pasta and chicken...

edit: and now looking at my projected lifts, i was supposed to do 215 on bench today, not 220.. ill roll with it and do 225 next week. 220 isnt that bad. 5th rep on 2nd set is a little tough but im pausing for about a 1/4 sec at the bottom.. either way, im gonna have to reset a few weeks down the road to accommodate unforseen diet adjustments

Coke
06-14-2010, 06:35 AM
Interesting how you feel about the db rows, phasing them out for another movement sounds like a deal.

Fine workout dude.

fixationdarknes
06-14-2010, 01:19 PM
So the DB Rows are causing the cuff pain eh? That is a shame. Do you think it has anything to do with how much of a RoM you use with the rows? I sort of have been wondering this myself, but when doing the row negative, do you lower your hand/arm/whatever all the way down to the point where it feels like your shoulder is fully extended or do you keep it somewhat tight and pulled back? I have been going full RoM because that's just what I do with pretty much every exercise, but it feels like it is probably hard on the cuffs. I do Ghetto T-bar Rows with a barbell btw.

Good workout bro. I love the feeling of getting in a solid session then having that eating window where you can (depending on your goals) permit yourself to eat lots lol.

Cmanuel
06-14-2010, 02:42 PM
need your help. Was going to get a quick suggestion as to what Diet to follow to cut. I am looking to compete july 17th in USAPL Raw Nationals and i want to compete in the 181lb class. Im at 193 in the mornings now.

Was thinking about a 2100-2300 kcal/day diet, carb cycling somewhat, and doing an insane amount of cardio. Its a 2 hr weigh in... Got any recomendations?

f=ma
06-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Interesting how you feel about the db rows, phasing them out for another movement sounds like a deal.

Fine workout dude.
thanks terry.. yeah its def the db rows

So the DB Rows are causing the cuff pain eh? That is a shame. Do you think it has anything to do with how much of a RoM you use with the rows? I sort of have been wondering this myself, but when doing the row negative, do you lower your hand/arm/whatever all the way down to the point where it feels like your shoulder is fully extended or do you keep it somewhat tight and pulled back? I have been going full RoM because that's just what I do with pretty much every exercise, but it feels like it is probably hard on the cuffs. I do Ghetto T-bar Rows with a barbell btw.

Good workout bro. I love the feeling of getting in a solid session then having that eating window where you can (depending on your goals) permit yourself to eat lots lol.
its the full ROM as you described when my shoulder is fully extended.. i dont keep it pulled back..its almost kroc row style. im swapping to bb row.. which i like.. but prefer not to do because it interferes with me doing deads

f=ma
06-15-2010, 02:47 AM
am crew checking in.

chevelle2291
06-15-2010, 03:20 AM
am crew checking in.

I'm up. :p

Mark!
06-15-2010, 04:31 AM
as usual

f=ma
06-15-2010, 05:14 AM
am bw 173.0.. this is high.. i took a second bigger dump shortly afterwards in case anyone wanted to know

deads
135x5
170x5
220x5
270x5
315x5
315x5
now this wouldnt have been hard.. but my back was not recovered from last week. more on this below

def deads on 25#ers
235x10
235x10
235x10
235x10

gms
145x8
135x10
135x10
135x8
burnt out, no need to push it on GMs

decline situps, plates held behind head
bwx10
+10x10
+20x12
+20x10

no cardio... i need rest

now.. i did hear back from alberto and i made diet revisions. the way i structured my off days was not ideal per him & was hurting my ability to recover.. which based on today, makes pretty good sense.. so i'm going back to what i was doing the prior 2 weeks with a small bump in cals.

Coke
06-15-2010, 12:55 PM
There's always going to be a tweaking of sorts with the diet & training, glad to see you stay on top of things.

Time+Patience
06-15-2010, 01:13 PM
now.. i did hear back from alberto and i made diet revisions. the way i structured my off days was not ideal per him & was hurting my ability to recover.. which based on today, makes pretty good sense.. so i'm going back to what i was doing the prior 2 weeks with a small bump in cals.

I believe what you had in line before you talked to Berto wasn't a bad idea. I subscribed to that way about 4 weeks ago. I was cutting the carbs down on off days and upping them on workout days, and it helped me lean out a bit, but I was closer to 15% BF I'd guess, and it helped me lean out.

What were the main adjustments that Berto has in line for you, or what you were doing 2 weeks ago? I'd say it wouldn't be a bad idea to try the carb rotation at some point in the future, just to see how it works for you, you'll never know until you do it. Just like how I changed up my routine DRASTICALLY lately.

chevelle2291
06-15-2010, 01:48 PM
am bw 173.0.. this is high.. i took a second bigger dump shortly afterwards in case anyone wanted to know

deads
135x5
170x5
220x5
270x5
315x5
315x5
now this wouldnt have been hard.. but my back was not recovered from last week. more on this below

def deads on 25#ers
235x10
235x10
235x10
235x10

gms
145x8
135x10
135x10
135x8
burnt out, no need to push it on GMs

decline situps, plates held behind head
bwx10
+10x10
+20x12
+20x10

no cardio... i need rest

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac75/de-arimasu/Funny/2894188010103319808S600x600Q85.jpg

f=ma
06-15-2010, 04:59 PM
when i take dumps is important! this is my journal after all, i reread this stuff :P

chevelle2291
06-15-2010, 05:39 PM
when i take dumps is important! this is my journal after all, i reread this stuff :P

Lol..

f=ma
06-15-2010, 06:53 PM
I believe what you had in line before you talked to Berto wasn't a bad idea. I subscribed to that way about 4 weeks ago. I was cutting the carbs down on off days and upping them on workout days, and it helped me lean out a bit, but I was closer to 15% BF I'd guess, and it helped me lean out.

What were the main adjustments that Berto has in line for you, or what you were doing 2 weeks ago? I'd say it wouldn't be a bad idea to try the carb rotation at some point in the future, just to see how it works for you, you'll never know until you do it. Just like how I changed up my routine DRASTICALLY lately.

actually i like the setup i made quite a bit. i think i am going to give it ago in like 10ish weeks from now when i am able to have the cardio cut further down. thats the next turn for me.. cut the cardio down.

i have to admit... each day its getting progressively more difficult to not splurge. despite increased cals... i'm still burning fat and with the lowered ephedrine and stimulant levels i am kind of lethargic. i already decided earler today that i'm skipping my cardio tomorrow so i can sleep til 7am. i am usually up at 4 as most of us know.. its just getting hard not to EAT. i want to make like 1lb of finely cut chicken, 1.5lbs of ww pasta and a ****ton of parmesan.. some skim milk....some mixed veggies for the hell of it then just vegetate on the couch and watch a movie or something

fixationdarknes
06-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Hm well I think you're probably right that it makes recovery a bit more difficult. I guess that's a sacrifice I take with that kind of diet haha. Good luck either way man. I'm sure you know your body pretty well enough at this point that you can make good decisions with Berto. And your workout looked good to me despite being under-recovered. What will your daily calorie/carb intake be for now and the next 10 weeks or however long you plan to stick with it?

Mark!
06-16-2010, 01:06 AM
haha when it comes to weighing in, dumps are ever so important. Workouts look good, how's the sleep been lately? These are my days off so the chances of me being here when you wake up are slim, but I may be, who knows. (I know that sounds bad, "I may not be here when you wake up" but yet...no homo?)

Joe Black
06-16-2010, 02:47 AM
hmm, your overall goal and dieting strategy isn't that far from mine.

I want to lean bulk and through carb rotation, my training days are generally surplus with more carbs and off days are low carb and a defecit. 2 hours of cardio a week on off days. Be interesting to see how you get on.

Oh and just to make you jealous, this was my last car I owned for 18 months ;)

chevelle2291
06-16-2010, 04:05 AM

I want to lean bulk and through carb rotation, my training days are generally surplus with more carbs and off days are low carb and a defecit. 2 hours of cardio a week on off days. Be interesting to see how you get on.

Nice bmw daniel! I could never drive around in a convertible, however. Way too conspicuous. :p. I get self-conscious when i drive a 911 carrera in subtle paint tho haha.

f=ma
06-16-2010, 04:40 AM
Hm well I think you're probably right that it makes recovery a bit more difficult. I guess that's a sacrifice I take with that kind of diet haha. Good luck either way man. I'm sure you know your body pretty well enough at this point that you can make good decisions with Berto. And your workout looked good to me despite being under-recovered. What will your daily calorie/carb intake be for now and the next 10 weeks or however long you plan to stick with it?
its consistent over the course of the week. i'm at about 2700/day right now.

haha when it comes to weighing in, dumps are ever so important. Workouts look good, how's the sleep been lately? These are my days off so the chances of me being here when you wake up are slim, but I may be, who knows. (I know that sounds bad, "I may not be here when you wake up" but yet...no homo?)
thanks man. i actually slept in this morning... skipped cardio, my back and hams are smoked and i was exhausted last night. i determined earlier in the day that i needed rest so sleep is good as of right now.

while i like the diet setup i made for very basic carb cycling, his response made it seem like it was less than ideal. since this is the expert advice i paid for, i'm going to follow it for at least another 4 weeks and see how it goes. i have all the time in the world to mess with it after that.

as far as m3s... i love the 2011s.. ive always been very meh about prior body styles. 2011 is just awesome though, it was redesigned very well... but certainly not cheap. 75k is mean price here in so fla. it would be tight but i could lease one for 3 yrs but it would force me to be very careful w/ finances rather than being hood rich.. so meh. ill pocket the $ for now.

Joe Black
06-16-2010, 04:47 AM
Too right about doing what you're told - if you're gonna hire someone who is an expert, you gotta follow exactly what they say and see the course through for sure.

Yeah, the 2011 is awesome, but I also got a thing for the 2005 body (the one I owned). Quick as hell and a real head turner. But I am with you, a pricey hobby and right now I am opting for a more sensible Audi A3 TDI and will stick to saving ;)

chevelle2291
06-16-2010, 04:51 AM
F, ever thought about getting a sportbike? Ducatis and bmws new s1000rr would be pretty sick to have and you'd pull mad ***** on it, plus it'll rip past any car on the street.

f=ma
06-16-2010, 05:55 AM
nah.. believe it or not, florida is extremely dangerous on the road. one of the reasons i got my truck -- so that when i get involved in a serious accident, which has yet to happen -- i ensure that they are the ones that are going to die. riding a bike here is insanity... plus as far as transpo, i can get my bicycle and ride anywhere downtown in about the same amount of time it takes to get my truck out of my garage and find a parking spot etc. my company is going public in a few months though.. and there is a lot of reward riding on that. things could change drastically for the better within 2 months

Time+Patience
06-16-2010, 10:50 AM
while i like the diet setup i made for very basic carb cycling, his response made it seem like it was less than ideal. since this is the expert advice i paid for, i'm going to follow it for at least another 4 weeks and see how it goes. i have all the time in the world to mess with it after that.

After you go through this 4 weeks, just re-evaluate things and see if it worked. I've been trying to make mental notes as to what has worked for me. While going over the 12 weeks of contest prep I pretty much did a low-fat clean diet, while carbs and protein were over 200 grams a piece over the last few weeks. I can't remember the #'s exactly, but with the big trend of low-carb dieting with refeeds I didn't follow that route. I can say that the next time I diet down I will make sure I add the occassional refeed days while still following the low-fat diet.

Over the course of the last week I did a low-carb set up and then tried to load up on carbs, and I really mis-timed it-- I looked dry and shredded 2 days before the show, so I'm thinking that my body soaks up the carbs drastically by the next day. I looked great in my avatar, but not as full when I hit the stage. I could have probably just stuck with what I was doing since it had been working for the whole dieting process, but you live and you learn.

That's just an example of how I played around with things and am working to tweak them in the future.

The idea of rotating carbs make a lot of sense to me. If you aren't lifting you don't necessarily need 300 grams of carbs for that day. Also the idea of refeeds or spike days make sense because your body can adapt to pretty much anything so you need these types of days to shock your system. I usually try to think of the basics of why something has worked within diets. I'm trying to eat clean now, but I'm throwing in days where I go way over my maintenance and I'm waiting to see what happens.

You do a great job of keeping track of things so you will definitely find what works for you over the course of a few months. Just keep doing what your doing, you look great thus far.

f=ma
06-17-2010, 02:42 AM
am crew.

temporary deviation from today's scheduled diet... being that i am on elevated cals this week, i am skipping my high day to keep things consistent -- for now. as i weighed in a little high imo. 173.8. depending on how i weigh in tomorrow i will add it back in.. perhaps on sunday. i'm glad i took yesterday off from cardio.. my back is still smoked but i feel good w/ the extra sleep. i did forget to record yesterdays weight into excel but i think it was either 173.0 or 173.2..... i cant remember. either way, the rest yesterday was good. mili & chins today.

fixationdarknes
06-17-2010, 02:46 AM
Checkin' in!

Good deal bro. Unplanned but needed rest always feels great! Good luck with the presses and pulls, I have a good feeling that you'll smoke 'em.

f=ma
06-17-2010, 02:52 AM
](1)[/B] After you go through this 4 weeks, just re-evaluate things and see if it worked. I've been trying to make mental notes as to what has worked for me. While going over the 12 weeks of contest prep I pretty much did a low-fat clean diet, while carbs and protein were over 200 grams a piece over the last few weeks. I can't remember the #'s exactly, but with the big trend of low-carb dieting with refeeds I didn't follow that route. I can say that the next time I diet down I will make sure I add the occassional refeed days while still following the low-fat diet.

Over the course of the last week I did a low-carb set up and then tried to load up on carbs, and I really mis-timed it-- I looked dry and shredded 2 days before the show, so I'm thinking that my body soaks up the carbs drastically by the next day. I looked great in my avatar, but not as full when I hit the stage. I could have probably just stuck with what I was doing since it had been working for the whole dieting process, but you live and you learn.

That's just an example of how I played around with things and am working to tweak them in the future.

[B](2)[/B ]The idea of rotating carbs make a lot of sense to me. If you aren't lifting you don't necessarily need 300 grams of carbs for that day. Also the idea of refeeds or spike days make sense because your body can adapt to pretty much anything so you need these types of days to shock your system. I usually try to think of the basics of why something has worked within diets. I'm trying to eat clean now, but I'm throwing in days where I go way over my maintenance and I'm waiting to see what happens.

You do a great job of keeping track of things so you will definitely find what works for you over the course of a few months. Just keep doing what your doing, you look great thus far.

(1) this is exactly what I figure.. the hardest part is being patient.. but i've come so far, it would be a pitiful shame blowing my progress without supreme levels of patience. like i mentioned a few posts ago, even though im on elevated cals, hunger is ridiculous. i'm pretty surprised how effective the low fat has been. i remember the first few days on it, i dropped a lot of bloat fast and felt very weird.. it was a big adaptation... but it put in a very lean position pretty quickly. i'm very pleased that i went this route

(2) i agree w/ you. my one prob is that i am so reliant upon cardio right now, its hard to get into the carb cycling groove. once i'm able to drop cardio down to like 10m per day a few times a week rather than like 1400 cals/wk as it is right now, i will be able to settle into a diet platform in which i can pick and choose when i'm flooded w/ nutrients. but right now.... i dont know. i havent before been in a position where ive been moving from a heavy cut to gaining again so carefully. as a result, i do want to keep my input factors as constant as possible while i phase out certain aspects of dieting... hopefully this makes sense.

like i mentioned though, i think the basic carb cycle setup i made is very good. it follows guidelines advised by daniel roberts and some stuff i read over at iron addicts re: recomps... so it is just sidelined for now. how high over maintenance are you going on your refeed days? the concept of a refeed in offseason is interesting as most people are in a surplus pretty much all the time.

f=ma
06-17-2010, 02:54 AM
Checkin' in!

Good deal bro. Unplanned but needed rest always feels great! Good luck with the presses and pulls, I have a good feeling that you'll smoke 'em.

thanks man. i think youre right! i feel ready to unleash. shoulder/chin is my favorite day... actually i love all of my workout days. i wish i could figure a 7 day routine that wouldnt overtrain me..

fixationdarknes
06-17-2010, 03:04 AM
Haha awesome. I think my favorite days are probably Deadlift/Dip days.

What is your current training regime?

f=ma
06-17-2010, 05:20 AM
am weight 173.8

rotator warmup w/ bands
arm circles

standing mili
barx8
85x5
95x5
110x5
120x5
142.5x5
142.5x7

chins
bwx10
bw+25x10
bw+25x10
bw+25x9
bw+25x9 38
bw+25x8
bw+25x8 54
bw+37.5x7
bw+50x6 67
bw+62.5x3 70

dips
bwx20
bwx20
bwx12
meh

db shrugs
90sx10
90sx10
90sx10
90sx10

100cal stairmaster 85s/m

f=ma
06-17-2010, 05:21 AM
Haha awesome. I think my favorite days are probably Deadlift/Dip days.

What is your current training regime?

its 5/3/1 4 day setup with triumvirate assistance template... but instead of 5/3/1 on my main lift, i'm doing my own flavor of escalating intermediate 5x5 in increments of 90% of my top set

Coke
06-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Outrageous number of sets with the chins, solid weights used throughout man.

f=ma
06-18-2010, 03:15 AM
thanks terry. i hope the volume pays off. ive been trying to get to 50 reps at +25 in as few sets as possible -- ideally I want to get there in 3-4 sets tops then i pyramid up for a triple as heavy as possible.

i talked to julie at bob's belts yesterday or the day before.. she said it will be made probably this weekend and i should have it late next week or early the week thereafter! i'm excited. breaking it in will be a PITA.. but oh well. not like i need a belt for my weak lifts anyway.. but for my top sets, i think it will help me keep form even better. i cant think of any other item that my gym bag could possibly need at this point. i have it all.

am weight, 173.6. diet has been perfect. legs inc

fixationdarknes
06-18-2010, 03:30 AM
Good stuff man. Perfect diet, what more could you ask for?! :D

Really solid chins and presses. It's one thing for someone to chin a good amount, but when it's a WBB'er who actually spends time squatting and adding size to his legs, it's even more impressive! I've been thinking about that lately, and how, strictly chinning-wise, we are at a disadvantage due to how much extra weight we are having to pull up relative to our back/bicep strength and size.

f=ma
06-18-2010, 05:15 AM
AM bw 173.6

rotator warmup w/ yellows
bw lunges
arm circles

atf olympics
barx8
120x5
140x5
190x5
222.5x5
222.5x5
245x3 -- extra set to feel it out
all reps perfectly upright, tight core and stretched.. perfect

db lunges per leg w/ straps
35sx5
50sx5
65sx5
80sx10
80sx10 +2 over last week
i did stop on last set to catch my breath and take 5-10s rest between reps a few times

horiz calf press ss w/ leg ext
5.5ppsx10 / 240x10
5.5ppsx10 / 240x10
5.5ppsx10 / 240x10
5.5ppsx10 / 240x10
5.5ppsx10 / 240x10

100 cal stairmaster 85s/m.. maybe 90s/m starting next week

f=ma
06-18-2010, 05:17 AM
fix thanks man. i kinda want to try that warrior challenge... but i dont want to interfere with my normal lifting. i'm pretty sure i can get 25+ dead hang chins when fresh.. situps, i can hit 50 declines no prob.. pushups i can get 40 easy also.. not sure if that challenge is even still going actually

chevelle2291
06-18-2010, 05:19 AM
Jealous of the squats. 80# DBs for lunges is sick too. Any reason you use a DB instead of a barbell?

f=ma
06-18-2010, 05:27 AM
fix thanks man. i kinda want to try that warrior challenge... but i dont want to interfere with my normal lifting. i'm pretty sure i can get 25+ dead hang chins when fresh.. situps, i can hit 50 declines no prob.. pushups i can get 40 easy also.. not sure if that challenge is even still going actually

f=ma
06-18-2010, 06:02 AM
ryan, i find the bb overly burdensome to balance. i prefer dbs

Coke
06-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Too bad we don't have that type of calf machine at our place, i'd be making full use of it.

Lunges are no joke, especially with the amount of weight you are using...see hardly anyone doing that movement these days, another reason why your quads are superior.

f=ma
06-18-2010, 06:40 PM
thanks terry. doing my absolute best every time

so i finally bought and received championship bodybuilding at rorys rec. what a great book. easy to read, info is explained well.. nice looking, hardcover etc

f=ma
06-19-2010, 04:58 AM
am bw 173.2
dietary notes:

while yesterday was supposed to be a high day, i postponed to see where i would be in terms of bw today. as i am about where expected, i am going to do that high day on sunday and on friday going forward. i did cheat a bit yesterday adding a little extra food to dinner

14g ff cheese
24g mixed veggins
1oz ww pasta

net extra is probably only like 200 cals but noteworthy anyway

Mark!
06-19-2010, 05:58 AM
Some great work man, as usual.

f=ma
06-19-2010, 07:34 AM
thanks mark

300cal stairmaster.. roughly 25minutes

Time+Patience
06-19-2010, 11:14 AM
i did cheat a bit yesterday adding a little extra food to dinner

14g ff cheese
24g mixed veggins
1oz ww pasta

net extra is probably only like 200 cals but noteworthy anyway

You Fatty!! :tuttut: 200 extra calories on WW pasta, veggies, and FF Cheese.

I love your idea of "cheating". It shows how much you sticking with the program. Those Pullups are killer, I've been trying to do something like that. I can bang out a lot of them on the first 2 sets then my endurance just falls off!

Mark!
06-19-2010, 07:22 PM
That's how I need my cheat days to look, lol. Awesome work F.

f=ma
06-20-2010, 04:36 AM
thanks guys

heres one for the diet experts

over the past 22 days, i have gone from baseline 2175 cals/day and 400 cals of cardio to where im at now at 2730/day and 180 cals of cardio.... and i am down 2.2lbs since may 29th. my metablism must be roaring here. i feel like I am STARVING right now too.. and i just had 150g of oatmeal and 20g dextrose w/10g of some dried pineapple lol

as far as training goes.. im going to make a tough call. tentatively speaking, weekend cardio is done as of today.. im skipping my session scheduled for this morning. this was the goal from the beginning (to eliminate all but 100cal of post lifting cardio) but it seems clear that i do not need it for dietary control anymore..... of course tomorrow, i will probably wake up at like 178lbs and cry.

bw 172.8
no more weekend cardio!

f=ma
06-20-2010, 07:35 AM
last update for today. a few weeks ago, i threw up measurements done with a utility tape measure.. they were wildly inaccurate and deceptive. i have a real contractable, locking cloth athletic myotape now and here are my measurements for

general
glute 37.5" not sure if this is the right way to measure this
waist at belly button: 33"
waist at navel: 32"
shoulders:48 3/8"

left
arm 15"
forearm 12 3/4"
calf 15 1/4"
quad 23 3/4" mid thigh

right
arm 15"
forearm 12 1/2"
calf 15"
quad 23 5/8"

i'm pretty much where i want to be diet-wise except im still taking 12.5mg of ephedrine in the AM.. but that will be tapered even more and cut off within another week. i'm really surprised my weight hasnt moved yet considering the upping of cals... which is actually pretty awesome because i love eating. still, i'd rather be eating fat than carbs.. but ill take it. i snapped a pic this morning to go with the measurements.. couldnt get the lighting right and i look soft, especially in the quad/abdomen. next posted pics will be at 180 and MUCH stronger i hope. gonna take a weekly pic in this pose for a time lapse animation

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29431&stc=1&d=1277041605

Behemoth
06-20-2010, 09:10 AM
I'd hate to play against you in kickball

f=ma
06-20-2010, 12:16 PM
hoho thanks rory, glad youre still hanging around. in unrelated news, i bought new tires for my truck. theyre pretty swoot.. nitto terra grapplers... 285/55/20s. i'm so overdue for new tires. i have 2 slow leaks in both of my front tires that have been patched multiple times.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/247/1941/38115970001_large.jpg

it will look something like this.. except my avalanche is blue and the newer body style w/ diff wheels.

Behemoth
06-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Damn, I just had to get new tires for mine too. My spare was brand new so I bought 3 and put one of the old ones under... still a $675 expense I didn't need. I got goodyear wrangler 275/60/20s bc I needed them NOW and it was all they had stocked but ntgrappers sweet, wish I coulda got a set o them

f=ma
06-20-2010, 03:41 PM
yup im excited. i got em through an internet bulk guy. it worked out to 273/tire shipped.. still gotta get installed and TPMS setup and all that.. which will probably be another 100ish.. sigh.

Coke
06-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Bet you be totally rocking your Avalanche truck just as you do with the physique, stepping into a new zone judging by that shot.

Mark!
06-20-2010, 07:35 PM
Sweet deal man, tires suck, I had to get one patched not too long ago. I'm hoping to get an excursion, well we're working on getting it right now, should know for sure by the end of July.
Shot looks great, really amazing detail on the quads. Everything looks phenomenal man, really.

chevelle2291
06-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Still lookin' lean and arms look jacked. Never understood the whole truck thing tho. I get the off-road/muddin' scene, but I'd much rather have a fast, performance car than a truck. That's just me though. All about speed haha. Not when it comes to cleavage tho....definitely comfort then. :p

f=ma
06-21-2010, 02:45 AM
Bet you be totally rocking your Avalanche truck just as you do with the physique, stepping into a new zone judging by that shot.
you are right on the money :)

Sweet deal man, tires suck, I had to get one patched not too long ago. I'm hoping to get an excursion, well we're working on getting it right now, should know for sure by the end of July.
Shot looks great, really amazing detail on the quads. Everything looks phenomenal man, really.
thanks very much mark. i like excursions... as far as full size, you know my preference haha

Still lookin' lean and arms look jacked. Never understood the whole truck thing tho. I get the off-road/muddin' scene, but I'd much rather have a fast, performance car than a truck. That's just me though. All about speed haha. Not when it comes to cleavage tho....definitely comfort then. :p
thanks man. i like speed too... but i would never waste my money on something that i wasnt very fond of.. and i'm not fond of anything beylow $65-70k in that department :P the truth of the matter is that its also the man not the car in a lot of cases. there are the gold digging skanks (love the skanks) that will jump for a nice a car... but meh. we've discussed this.. but ideally id like to get a brand new M3.. i cant think of any other performance car i'd want atm in that price range... maybe a used aston martin DB7 or a used SL55? either way, i own my truck outright and its very nice to have no obligation and no pmt. i hardly even drive unless its to/fr work.. i ride my bike everywhere downtown.. it takes less time to ride my bike than to get out of the garage and find a spot lol.. anyways tho...................

--------------------------

bw 172.6

i think i may have the pleasure of bumping cals another 150 this upcoming sat. that will put me at maintanence at about 2900/3300.. which is pretty amazing imo. chest/back inc. bb rows are subbed for db rows going forward.

f=ma
06-21-2010, 05:12 AM
am weight 172.6

w/u with bands
arm circles etc

bb bench
125x5
145x5
170x5
195x5
225x5
225x5
i doubt im gonna get more than another 2 weeks out of this... gonna have to drop back soon. 5th reps were grinders with leg drive

bb row
135x10
155x10
155x10
155x10
kept it moderately light.. i know this will make me sore since its been so long and i want to be moderately fresh for deads tomorrow

db incline bench
70sx10
70sx10
70sx10
70sx10/9

db curls
30sx5
40sx5
50sx10
50sx10/9

100 cal stairmaster 85s/m

done. db inclines were making my shoulder a little irritated. im gonna add some facepulls to my warmup i think.... maybe my rear delt has been neglected.. i always thought rowing would indirectly keep them up to par with front delts... hm.

Mark!
06-21-2010, 06:18 AM
225 x 5 looks good man. How's the shoulder feeling now? Is it hurting just under stress of is it an all time pressure/pain?

f=ma
06-21-2010, 06:53 AM
No pain at all actually... just a little impingement feeling under stress of Inc dbs. For some reason

ThomasG
06-21-2010, 07:47 AM
Quads are sick! Nice inclines as well.

Coke
06-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Good stuff there, keeping this plan intact.

f=ma
06-21-2010, 11:33 AM
225 x 5 looks good man. How's the shoulder feeling now? Is it hurting just under stress of is it an all time pressure/pain?

I take It back... its irritated pretty nicely. May setup a reformulated routine for 2-3 weeks around sq/de to stay off it... sigh!

Cmanuel
06-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Keep us informed on what you decide to do. Hope i hlped somewhat with figuring out what to do for your DL...

chevelle2291
06-21-2010, 01:08 PM
you are right on the money :)

thanks very much mark. i like excursions... as far as full size, you know my preference haha

thanks man. i like speed too... but i would never waste my money on something that i wasnt very fond of.. and i'm not fond of anything beylow $65-70k in that department :P the truth of the matter is that its also the man not the car in a lot of cases. there are the gold digging skanks (love the skanks) that will jump for a nice a car... but meh. we've discussed this.. but ideally id like to get a brand new M3.. i cant think of any other performance car i'd want atm in that price range... maybe a used aston martin DB7 or a used SL55? either way, i own my truck outright and its very nice to have no obligation and no pmt. i hardly even drive unless its to/fr work.. i ride my bike everywhere downtown.. it takes less time to ride my bike than to get out of the garage and find a spot lol.. anyways tho...................

I hear ya on the lack of appeal under 70k. I love fast cars, but some are just too damn flashy and make you look like a douche bag. I know a couple of guys with Evos, STIs, etc., and they look like complete f-bags driving around town. Prolly cuz they are... :p.

In other news, I saw a Ferrari F430 Scuderia last night on the highway, got some crappy (hq, just not close enough) footage of it too. Really, really sick car. Talk about money...

f=ma
06-21-2010, 05:33 PM
goddamn it ryan, i now have an appt to go look at m3s this saturday

f=ma
06-21-2010, 05:47 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M3-Coupe-2010-BMW-M3-Coupe-NEVER-TITLED-WE-FINANCE-SAVE-BIG-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cae28fb85QQitemZ260619959173QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks#ht_23719wt_939

WELL WELL WELL... this is a local dealer......

Cmanuel
06-21-2010, 06:05 PM
geez you must be ballin if you are looking at these. im jealous!!

Im going to germany next month and my buddy and I are going to rent a BMW 1 series and take it to the nurburgring. cant wait!

Behemoth
06-21-2010, 06:35 PM
haet. your. success.

chevelle2291
06-21-2010, 07:41 PM
goddamn it ryan, i now have an appt to go look at m3s this saturday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaZExdTHHjY

Hahaha, more motivation to buy one.

Just do it man. You'll probably never get the chance to again until your balls are sagging and you have prostate problems.

Oh, and if you're gonna buy an M3, I'd go either white, red, or black. :nod:

chevelle2291
06-21-2010, 07:42 PM
geez you must be ballin if you are looking at these. im jealous!!

Im going to germany next month and my buddy and I are going to rent a BMW 1 series and take it to the nurburgring. cant wait!

Very, very jealous. Please tape this C.

chevelle2291
06-21-2010, 07:46 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M3-Coupe-2010-BMW-M3-Coupe-NEVER-TITLED-WE-FINANCE-SAVE-BIG-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cae28fb85QQitemZ260619959173QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks#ht_23719wt_939

WELL WELL WELL... this is a local dealer......

Oh and GTFO with that electronic manumatic shifting whateverthefizukitscalled. I'd try and get a manual man. Paddle shifters are for Lewis Hamilton only.

Mark!
06-21-2010, 09:20 PM
OMFSGSG dude that M3 looks fugging amazing man. That is sexy to the extreme. I'd opt for a manual but in all honestly...I wouldn't care either way with that car. Man that's nice.

chevelle2291
06-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Wtf, did you sleep through your alarm or something? :P

f=ma
06-22-2010, 02:19 AM
im here, my alarm is for 4:15 :P

no way im getting manual. shifting is way overrated. if they will give me $27 for my truck.. i willl prob do it. i will be recouping very good money on that purchase. i would rather get white... but if i can get that 2010 for low 50s.. ****, that is an unbeatable price.

chevelle2291
06-22-2010, 02:26 AM
im here, my alarm is for 4:15 :P

no way im getting manual. shifting is way overrated. if they will give me $27 for my truck.. i willl prob do it. i will be recouping very good money on that purchase. i would rather get white... but if i can get that 2010 for low 50s.. ****, that is an unbeatable price.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0907/oh-dear-god-demotivational-poster-1248143023.jpg
Seriously, man, it's your (soon to be) car, but I think you'd be shortchanging that M if you got a a manumatic. That's just me, though.

f=ma
06-22-2010, 02:34 AM
i had a manual s4 amongst other cars... it gets irritating after a while. its not like im racing.

fixationdarknes
06-22-2010, 02:43 AM
done. db inclines were making my shoulder a little irritated. im gonna add some facepulls to my warmup i think.... maybe my rear delt has been neglected.. i always thought rowing would indirectly keep them up to par with front delts... hm.

I know what you mean with that. Let me know if the face pulls work out well. I have been doing cuff warmups before my pressing but haven't been cool enough to do the face pulls like has been suggested to me. I should definitely get on that.

I don't think auto is anything to hate on lol. I'd love to just have a car of my own at all! I might get a manual though eventually just cuz I'm into Initial D and dream of drifting through mountain passes lol (although obviously I'd have to have the right suspension and overall setup and what not, etc etc.--not that I really know much of anything about cars--not to mention the skills to do so)

f=ma
06-22-2010, 02:53 AM
yeah.. fix dunno. i HATE taking time off... hate. i feel great atm. its just hard to call it... i just dont want to tear a rotator and sideline myself for 6 months.

also.. prob with that color of m3 is that there is this guy that already has one a few spaces down from me in my building. i dont want the same color.. ugh, even though thats my favorite color m3.

f=ma
06-22-2010, 04:27 AM
well i kinda knew this would happen from switching to bb rows. my back was smoked before i even started... worst workout of 2010 right here

deads
135x5
175x3
240x3
280x3
325x1
lawl. this was hard too... even 280 felt heavy. energy is there.. but lower back was just worn out preemptively

gms
135x8
135x8

curls
60sx6

decline situps
bw+20x10x2

100 cal cardio

oh well. shoulder feels good atm.

fixationdarknes
06-22-2010, 04:54 AM
yeah.. fix dunno. i HATE taking time off... hate. i feel great atm. its just hard to call it... i just dont want to tear a rotator and sideline myself for 6 months.

Yeah I'm kinda scared myself. It's a tough call to make. Agh.

also.. prob with that color of m3 is that there is this guy that already has one a few spaces down from me in my building. i dont want the same color.. ugh, even though thats my favorite color m3.

Well dude you won't be living next to that guy forever. Plus, when you're out driving on the road it won't matter that he has the same color. Get what you want and don't let your neighbor decide for you :indian:

chevelle2291
06-22-2010, 12:39 PM
i had a manual s4 amongst other cars... it gets irritating after a while. its not like im racing.

Meh, to each his own, but I think a true manual is the best thing since sliced bread. It's not like BMW's manumatic is a piece of crap though, you'll probably get faster 0-60 times with it.

The blue is kind of growing on me....

f=ma
06-22-2010, 05:30 PM
gotta wait on the m3, sadly. the good side is that there is always another car. i will probably pick one up in 6mo.. i guess ill just continue to save. BORING

chevelle2291
06-22-2010, 06:35 PM
gotta wait on the m3, sadly. the good side is that there is always another car. i will probably pick one up in 6mo.. i guess ill just continue to save. BORING

http://lifeasrx.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/depression.jpg
Wat happened?

f=ma
06-22-2010, 06:54 PM
needed a cosignor and there just isnt anyone else. i had a very small student loan i defaulted on in college but paid post-graduation.. its a meaningless blemish on my credit that prevents me from financing the spread between my trade and purchase price. i can pay cash but that would be ******ed.. sacrificing significant liquidity for a car.. sooo. that is that. later this year or early next, i will prob get one.. 2010 discounts will only get bigger... and there is always another car. (sigh) :P

chevelle2291
06-22-2010, 09:52 PM
needed a cosignor and there just isnt anyone else. i had a very small student loan i defaulted on in college but paid post-graduation.. its a meaningless blemish on my credit that prevents me from financing the spread between my trade and purchase price. i can pay cash but that would be ******ed.. sacrificing significant liquidity for a car.. sooo. that is that. later this year or early next, i will prob get one.. 2010 discounts will only get bigger... and there is always another car. (sigh) :P

Hmm, well that blows, but you're right, the discounts are only going to get deeper. I think it'd be hilarious if you came into that dealership with a gym bag full of cash haha.

f=ma
06-23-2010, 04:13 AM
hah indeed. it would be actually be a credit card... so i can get the points :P

f=ma
06-23-2010, 04:37 AM
and anyways.. moving on..

am bw 172.2 no cardio today. still undecided as to if i take tomorrow off. im squatting friday regardless tho. the plan for deads is setting up 5/3/1 over the weekend and reducing my volume.

here is a fancy excel graph with weight movement plotted against calories per day. its kind of interesting. once again.. ive gone from 2175 cals/day to 2730/day... still losing. new veins on rib cage and abdomen.. but i seem to have leveled off

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29441&stc=1&d=1277289633

Time+Patience
06-23-2010, 06:16 AM
I thought your Dead strength was doing pretty well while you were on the lower calories, so I'm surprised to hear how the 280 was hard. Hopefully the 5-3-1 helps out and you can get the feeling of the Deads going again.

It's impressive that you're as young as you are and doing as well as you are, or so it sounds. Very well done, keep doing what you're doing. I like the comment "I'll just go back in 6 months and nab it." Don't worry too much about the car, unless it's the car that you really want to be riding it. Having the extra money in the savings is a bit more important to me IMO, and what I'd recommend, but you have to consider that I'm a married man with 2 kids, so we probably see things a bit differently. I could say that if I had the money I'd get a car that I like, but for me a Honda Accord is the ideal car, LOL. What having a family does to you!

Coke
06-23-2010, 10:40 AM
I see you revised and upgraded your chart, gonna have to copy that one too for future use, lol.

f=ma
06-23-2010, 06:07 PM
thanks scott, i do ok. i have no obligations to anyone or anything but myself.. so im in a position to be selfish i guess.. as far as lifting.. ... i have been way way overdue for a break. then i added all that volume in the end of may and its just too much... im just smoked all over. im dropping deficit deads entirely & skipping benching for a few weeks. starting 5/3/1 will put me at pretty low weights.. so that will be good for recovery

terry, yeah i think it will be interesting to see how that version pans out over another few weeks. i want to see the calorie intake impact against weight movement within the surrounding days. its helpful to see the trend on the graph

my shoulder is iffy.. i guess i might take tomorrow off... i dont know. benching irritates it... but ohp doesnt.. chins dont... this sucks. it will be a game time decision tomorrow morning. i havent felt satiated hunger wise in so long. i want to just drown myself in ground beef, cheese, pasta etc. maybe i could do a refeed on friday. work was so rough today.. bleh.

f=ma
06-24-2010, 02:27 AM
im doing ohp and chins. im so stupid and stubborn. 5/3/1 is setup.. no chest work at all next week.. deload next week for the rest

fixationdarknes
06-24-2010, 02:39 AM
Lol I'm the same way. Very stubborn. But that's likely one of the traits that positively benefits our training too XD You gonna compensate with some light face pulls today (in addition to the chins)?

f=ma
06-24-2010, 02:46 AM
yup. warmup with bands, facepulls and arm circles. its so hard to not train... almost everything i do in the course of the day has something to do with lifting.. from meal timing.. to when i wake up.. to what i eat.. to when i goto bed etc etc etc.

f=ma
06-24-2010, 05:09 AM
am weight: 173.0
diet: perfect, even though i want to chow until i burst

rotator band warmup
incl/ facepulls, internal & ext rotation, slow arm circles

standing milis
85x5
95x5
115x5
125x5
145x5
145x5
good

chins
bwx10
bw+25x10
bw+25x10
bw+25x9
bw+37.5x6
bw+50x5
bw+62.5x4
bw+75x3.5
only half way up on last half rep

dips
bwx20
bwx19
bwx16

db shrugs
90sx10
100sx10
100sx10
100sx10

100 cal stairmaster 7 min

done. i feel pretty good. i also feel good about planned time off next week. on monday, which is ordinarily bench day, im just going to do lighter than usual rotator work and some very light cardio... like half of my normal intensity up to 100 cal and stretching. same for shoulder day on thurs. dead and squat will be weighted but very light. after that, i start wave 1 of 5/3/1... i hate the first few waves of 5/3/1 because the weights are soo easy. but oh well, its the program that is best suited to my long term goal for this year.

Coke
06-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Whole effort rocks from start to finish Tim.

fixationdarknes
06-24-2010, 06:17 PM
You've got really sweet chinning strength. The 5/3/1 plan sounds good. Hopefully your cuff stays well man!

f=ma
06-24-2010, 07:00 PM
thanks fix, thanks terry. all is good with the shoulder atm. my belt came in the mail!! its awesome. see pic. i went and test drove an m3. its about as i expected. amazing

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29446&stc=1&d=1277427592

Behemoth
06-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Nice, whatd that run you?

f=ma
06-24-2010, 07:52 PM
about $100 shipped. bobs belts! its so stiff.. its kind of painful to wear. the break-in will not be pleasant

f=ma
06-25-2010, 01:46 AM
i must be crazy to want to buy an m3. thinking about the numbers is making me lose sleep ugh. at the dealer they basically offered msrp which is very high based on my internet research.. low balled me on trade too, of course. i need to get the exact option list and come back with a lowball offer of my own. other options include an S4 or S5... S4s are like $30 cheaper msrp and are prob the way to go.

f=ma
06-25-2010, 07:21 AM
bw 173.2

warmup
forgot to do rotator.. very low on sleep. only like 4 hours. excellent workout considering. this is my first belted workout ever. my sides are all torn up and bruised but the added stability is great

atf olympics
barx8
125x5
145x5
170x5
205x5
230x5
275x6
230x9
i have to admit, belts are awesome and really give me that oomph. so what does that mean? weak lower back? not surprising. i found that its much harder to take a deep breath before beginning a rep though

db lunges. straps on 90s
50sx5
70sx5
90sx10
90sx6
whew

calf press ss w/ leg ext
5.5ppsx10/240x10
5.5ppsx10/240x10
5.5ppsx10/240x10
5.5ppsx10/240x10
5.5ppsx10/240x10

done. no cardio

Chris407
06-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Hey, I noticed you were thinking about buying an M3. This might be too impractical, but have you thought about a Lotus Elise?

A friend of mine has one and uses it as his daily driver. Its a ridiculously fun car for under 50k (for the naturally aspirated version).

Again, its totally impractical if you need to carry people or things in your car, or if you dive on the highway a lot. But its worth test driving just for fun :)

By the way, nice workout. Sick lunges...

Coke
06-25-2010, 01:31 PM
Good day in the gym, especially with the db lunges.

chevelle2291
06-25-2010, 10:58 PM
You're STILL thinkin' about the M? Haha, you must really want that thing. Personally I don't think the Audi S models hold a candle to the BMW M series. RS4--yes, but that car is way overpriced and overhyped. Plus, you can't beat RWD for fun/handling, although AWD would be more useful back up in the Chi if you ever go back.

The Lotus is a cool car, but I think I'd miss the creature comforts of the M after a while, especially in Chi. Plus, the M is supposed to be faster than the Elise...

f=ma
06-26-2010, 04:35 AM
internet has been down the past day. irritating... if i get something, its going to be an M3 or S5. i would never buy one of those lotus'.. ive driven one.. its a poor man's exotic. its basically a fancy miata. also i cheated yesterday. it was all clean consumption though. i'm only human :P and im kind of amazed ive managed this long. once i started with the cookies i couldnt stop

2 boxes of fat free fig paul newmans (1100 cals/box)
70g of oatmeal w 35g dex
normal dinner as well + an extra 1.5oz of cheeze and extra oz of ww pasta

prob looking at an extra 3500 cals there in cookies and oatmeal. gonna try to burn it off today with some misc lifting and cardio after i get my new tires installed on my truck. ill throw up a pic.. im gonna try to put on trail grapplers instead of terras... not sure if theyll fit. TBD. wont really be any updates next week.. 2 deload sessions on tues and fri.. thats all.. just stretching and band ****. not even worth posting it

chevelle2291
06-26-2010, 08:13 AM
internet has been down the past day. irritating... if i get something, its going to be an M3 or S5. i would never buy one of those lotus'.. ive driven one.. its a poor man's exotic. its basically a fancy miata. also i cheated yesterday. it was all clean consumption though. i'm only human :P and im kind of amazed ive managed this long. once i started with the cookies i couldnt stop

2 boxes of fat free fig paul newmans (1100 cals/box)
70g of oatmeal w 35g dex
normal dinner as well + an extra 1.5oz of cheeze and extra oz of ww pasta

prob looking at an extra 3500 cals there in cookies and oatmeal. gonna try to burn it off today with some misc lifting and cardio after i get my new tires installed on my truck. ill throw up a pic.. im gonna try to put on trail grapplers instead of terras... not sure if theyll fit. TBD. wont really be any updates next week.. 2 deload sessions on tues and fri.. thats all.. just stretching and band ****. not even worth posting it

I'd give it a little more credit than that....it runs 0-60s in the mid to high 4s... :p

f=ma
06-26-2010, 08:38 AM
my dad actually had an exige s. admittedly the elise and exige are both cool looking but totally pointless and attract too much attention. m3 is far superior and much more subtle, which is great... and m3 is a moot point.. i just got new tires installed which dont rub at all unless im backing up and locked left or right. i am pleased. nitto trail grappler 295/55/20. throwing away my truck which is paid off for $25k in debt and another $25k in depreciation would be insane... maybe when im making enough money that i wouldnt even have to think about the numbers.. then it would be something i can do
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29452&stc=1&d=1277563037

chevelle2291
06-26-2010, 08:40 AM
I'll agree that the Lotus Elise attracts too much attention...hate it when cars do that. Tires look good..

cphafner
06-26-2010, 09:24 AM
like the belt. Where did you get it? I'm in the market for a new one. Did I read that you are starting 5/3/1? I enjoyed that program.

f=ma
06-26-2010, 10:42 AM
thanks connor. its from bobsbelts.com.. custom made.. takes about 3-4 weeks.. you can price out what you want on the site. its gonna run about $100 shipped minimum. and thats correct.. starting 5/3/1 in 2 weeks. no upper body stuff next week and im deloading lower body... then based on how i feel.. another light week or maybe just jumping into week 1 wave 1

misc lifting.. just to burn some cals... im pretty much guilt free. bw was 183 last night haha. down to 175 this morning post dump. def looking a little softer than pre cookie fest.. but still better than 99% of the people out there. probably even out at 174 tomorrow or monday... good times. regular eating until i start lifting heavy again... then i'll have a high day once a week as usual also

edit: and so gassy. jeez

fixationdarknes
06-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Nice work with the squatting. I've never even used a belt myself before XD

Behemoth
06-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Wheels/tires look good. I've decided you need a roommate, after my shows ill start packing. Yes I think ill enjoy florida quite well.

f=ma
06-26-2010, 03:01 PM
dude come on down. actually just got back from getting it cleaned up. here are some better pics. the tires are sick man.. gotten several compliments thus far and im only like 2-3 hours into ownership haha.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29458&stc=1&d=1277586000
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29459&stc=1&d=1277586021

Coke
06-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Seriously luv that ride dude.

f=ma
06-27-2010, 10:41 AM
thanks fix (sorry didnt see your post). i would highly recommend one. i dont really NEED one right now.... but i can extrapolate how much its going to help once i get back into 315+ weights

terry, thank you. its very nice. trading it would be very foolish even tho i do wanna get something else. ill ride out my extended warranty prob then sell it.

bw 174.2 no anything today. just rest

chevelle2291
06-27-2010, 11:25 AM
You know, I'm not one for trucks but that paint DOES look good on that Avalanche.

Mad jealous of the lifestyle F, you're living the life I wanna live in 4-ish years.

ThomasG
06-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Sick Ride! I'm real curious to see how 5/3/1 will treat you. I may give it a shot If I ever slow down with westside.

f=ma
06-28-2010, 02:47 AM
thanks thomas, thanks ryan. bmw dealer keeps calling me.. too bad they werent this aggressive when i was ready to sign hah

bw 175.0. definitely a little smoother than last week. i still have 3 veins on my chest tho.. meh. keeping cal levels at like 2730. that fig newton "refeed" really did a number on me but it did get my weight moving.. would prefer more consistent movement than 2lb jumps. i have my diet ready to goto 2900/3300 once i am going heavier again. looking forward to it. though, i've fallen into the skinny guy mentality.. afraid to lose the abs. its been so hard to get here i hate to look only good rather than awesome hah.. as long as i keep the bulk mechanical and smart i wont have to go through the first half of 2010 ever again though. never higher than 12% again until im a billionaire and dont need to be good looking

f=ma
06-28-2010, 04:28 AM
ryan.. also.. i know youre in college. make sure you pick a useful major like accounting or finance. dont earn some stupid history liberal arts degree. they are useless. anyways

-----------------------------

deload

am bw 175.0

yellow band super sets
int rot x10
ext rotx10
face pullx10
x2

bb row
135x10
135x10
135x10

100 cal stairmaster

done.

i think that bw may dip once i work legs again. there is probably big glycogen buildup there.

chevelle2291
06-28-2010, 11:36 AM
ryan.. also.. i know youre in college. make sure you pick a useful major like accounting or finance. dont earn some stupid history liberal arts degree. they are useless. anyways

Lol, thanks F. I'm actually not much of a numbers man at all. Current degree is journalism with a minor in marketing.I'm a much better writer than I'll ever be an accountant, but journalism is a tough field. I've done well in my journalism classes, but connections/internships are everything and your grades really don't matter. I've looked at getting a full degree in marketing to give me an out into the business world if necessary, but that'll depend on whether or not I stay at school in the coming summers. Where did you go to school?

chevelle2291
06-28-2010, 11:37 AM
thanks thomas, thanks ryan. bmw dealer keeps calling me.. too bad they werent this aggressive when i was ready to sign hah

You know what's funny? I got a call last night from a Gold's Gym I visited in MAY just to use their free week program. Talk about not letting go of a potential member haha.

Time+Patience
06-28-2010, 10:18 PM
My son wants us to get the Chevy Avalanche! He calls it our "Graduation Truck" for when we graduate. He also calls any Ford Mustang his "Birthday Car"-- he's just about to turn 5, so it's always fun to hear him talk about what we should buy for a car or what we should buy him for his car-- lol.

I don't mind his opinions on the 2 cars that he likes- I'd take an Avalanche if I could!

I, too, am looking more and more into 5-3-1 after returning from Florida. I still plan on PMing you about how you're going to implement that routine, but I've been out of town, so I'll be messaging you soon.

f=ma
06-29-2010, 02:44 AM
scott, avalanche has been a great vehicle. no complaints at all. GM has very very good incentives when the model year transitions also. from what ive heard, its being discontinued in 2012 also

f=ma
06-29-2010, 04:25 AM
bw 175.2

warmup

deads
135x5
160x5
195x5

decline situps
bwx10
bw+10x10
bw+10x10

100 cal stairmaster

i was thinking that perhaps me at 173ish lbs is totally depleted...and that my fig newton extravanganza refilled a lot of glycogen. i dont know. i need to stop overthinking this **** and just stay consistent w/ the cals, weigh-ins and observing the AM mirror. it is good i did not attempt real DLing today. it would have been an exercise in futility. im physically and mentally beat. this early AM **** and not getting to bed until 10pm is wearing me thin... need to be in bed by like 8-9pm at the latest on weekdays

Joe Black
06-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Your attitude and approach to gaining weight is solid - I like the fact that you'e not afraid to lose some of those abs but also you're not blowing loose and eating everything in site. The perfect way to go about it if you ask me.

How are you finding the increased calories so far? You feeling stronger and higher energy? Is it giving you extra cravings?

Keep up the hard work, your level consistency is to be admired for sure.

Coke
06-29-2010, 04:04 PM

Always indeed doing very well man.

Behemoth
06-29-2010, 04:05 PM
bw 175.2

warmup

deads
135x5
160x5
195x5

decline situps
bwx10
bw+10x10
bw+10x10

100 cal stairmaster

i was thinking that perhaps me at 173ish lbs is totally depleted...and that my fig newton extravanganza refilled a lot of glycogen. i dont know. i need to stop overthinking this **** and just stay consistent w/ the cals, weigh-ins and observing the AM mirror. it is good i did not attempt real DLing today. it would have been an exercise in futility. im physically and mentally beat. this early AM **** and not getting to bed until 10pm is wearing me thin... need to be in bed by like 8-9pm at the latest on weekdays

Every cell in you is still super depleted. Whether its glycogen or water. Had you binged out of the gate after dieting they'd have filled + the fat gain. You've never filled anything yet no doubt and still have a large cushion of probably 10lbs. I don't see it possible for you to have even stored an ounce of fat from a pithy package or two of FF fig newtons given the state your bodies in...

f=ma
06-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Your attitude and approach to gaining weight is solid - I like the fact that you'e not afraid to lose some of those abs but also you're not blowing loose and eating everything in site. The perfect way to go about it if you ask me.

How are you finding the increased calories so far? You feeling stronger and higher energy? Is it giving you extra cravings?

honestly, i'm overwhelmed with hunger at almonst all times. i'm at 2900 cals/day right now and a high day and weight hasnt moved a bit.. if i didnt eat all that **** last friday, i would probably still be 173lbs rather than 175.2lbs. strength is still garbage.. energy is so-so.. but that is attributable to a lack of sleep and being really depleted.

Always indeed doing very well man.
thank you terry.

Every cell in you is still super depleted. Whether its glycogen or water. Had you binged out of the gate after dieting they'd have filled + the fat gain. You've never filled anything yet no doubt and still have a large cushion of probably 10lbs. I don't see it possible for you to have even stored an ounce of fat from a pithy package or two of FF fig newtons given the state your bodies in...
see thats what i figured. i actually looked outstanding on sat afternoon after my misc lifting.. filled out, prolonged pump. it was fun.

what i figured going into what i have been doing is that eventually i will reach a point where depletion from lifting/cardio will be overtaken by increased cals.. at which point my metabolism will be screaming.. i can back down my carb intake, up dietary fat to like 25%ish and cruise at those calorie levels. im really surprised that im still upping and nothing is happening. and youre right, i look exactly like i did last thursday.. no fat gain that i can notice on camera or in the mirror. im starting to get impatient.. want to start doing 300 cal bumps instead of these 150/wk bumps. more specifically... i want to EAT. its also getting increasingly difficult to keep protein around 220 and carbs all the way at 400 unless i start diverging into stuff like cereal and more fig newtons which is more simple sugars rather than complex carbs. im already down to 30g whey per day... which i need for my pre w/o shake. the rest of my diet is whole food

Behemoth
06-29-2010, 07:46 PM
what i figured going into what i have been doing is that eventually i will reach a point where depletion from lifting/cardio will be overtaken by increased cals.. at which point my metabolism will be screaming.. i can back down my carb intake, up dietary fat to like 25%ish and cruise at those calorie levels. im really surprised that im still upping and nothing is happening. and youre right, i look exactly like i did last thursday.. no fat gain that i can notice on camera or in the mirror. im starting to get impatient.. want to start doing 300 cal bumps instead of these 150/wk bumps. more specifically... i want to EAT. its also getting increasingly difficult to keep protein around 220 and carbs all the way at 400 unless i start diverging into stuff like cereal and more fig newtons which is more simple sugars rather than complex carbs. im already down to 30g whey per day... which i need for my pre w/o shake. the rest of my diet is whole food

I agree with your sentiments 100%. IMO when you've reached the point where taking in more carbs means taking in less complete amounts of protein it would be time to simply up the protein. Therefore allowing you to still eat the quality carbs at the sake of simply probably 20 or 30 more grams of protein. Which yeah... above a certain point protein may be less anabolic than carbs, but with the higher thermic value of it as well as not having to reduce more quality souces of protein I could only see you benefiting in staying leaner while gaining.. Additionally the justification of keeping the carb sources cleaner rather than having to turn to sources deemed somewhat less "optimal" by bodybuilders for the sake of their lower protein content. That's my opinion though. I have a feeling a certain person with a little more credential than me may not believe that to be the case, but thats definetly my take on it.

chevelle2291
07-01-2010, 02:22 AM
How's that breakfast tasting? You up yet?

f=ma
07-01-2010, 02:30 AM
haha its not bad. my shoulder is so iffy.... im not sure what to make of it

chevelle2291
07-01-2010, 02:41 AM
haha its not bad. my shoulder is so iffy.... im not sure what to make of it

You skipping training today then? I wouldn't blame you, i had some shoulder issues myself last week, really just cleared up. I'd do some static stretching, arm circles, and shoulder dislocations if I were you...

f=ma
07-01-2010, 02:41 AM
im def filling back out.

175.6 this morning which is a high since june 7th. ive been sloppy with the cals beause im getting impatient and my workouts probably burn only a small fraction of the calories they did on a nondeload week.. completely clean but i was probably about 3100 last night.. 2950 the night before. i need to stick to 2900 going forward for the remainder of the week. alternatively i may just give up and get fat again hah.

f=ma
07-01-2010, 02:43 AM
You skipping training today then? I wouldn't blame you, i had some shoulder issues myself last week, really just cleared up. I'd do some static stretching, arm circles, and shoulder dislocations if I were you...

no.... i'm going. at the very least im going to do core, cardio, band work and stretching. i dont know what the deal is.... it doesnt hurt but it doesnt feel normal. yknow?

chevelle2291
07-01-2010, 02:44 AM
im def filling back out.

175.6 this morning which is a high since june 7th. ive been sloppy with the cals beause im getting impatient and my workouts probably burn only a small fraction of the calories they did on a nondeload week.. completely clean but i was probably about 3100 last night.. 2950 the night before. i need to stick to 2900 going forward for the remainder of the week. alternatively i may just give up and get fat again hah.

The fact is, F, that you may have had a slightly high BF percentage, but you put on a TON of solid mass also. I mean, I think you could prolly stay around 10-12 this time around and look Allen Cress great 24/7, but it wouldn't be a horrible thing if you ended up putting on around the same amount of bf as you did before, as long as the LBM is there.

f=ma
07-01-2010, 02:53 AM
The fact is, F, that you may have had a slightly high BF percentage, but you put on a TON of solid mass also. I mean, I think you could prolly stay around 10-12 this time around and look Allen Cress great 24/7, but it wouldn't be a horrible thing if you ended up putting on around the same amount of bf as you did before, as long as the LBM is there.

yeah as far as bulk success goes, i agree. i put on the most muscle mass i possibly could in that time frame. i think this time i could easily goto 210 and stay around 12% by being careful. i think my patience in transitioning into a bulk has paid off.. because i'm above maint now at my eating levels the past few days, which have been loose as far as tracking... without a doubt. so i just need to tighten up for a few days and see how it goes once im going heavy again. cant tell you how disappointed i am that my shoulder is giving me issues.

chevelle2291
07-01-2010, 03:00 AM
cant tell you how disappointed i am that my shoulder is giving me issues.

Dude, I was right there with you. I was all pumped to get 60# dbs xsets across so I could move up in weight and get closer to goal of incline 70# DBs, and my shoulder was just not having it. I seriously considered tossing a barbell into the mirror, I was so pissed.

Do you sleep on one side with your arm outstretched? I was doing that for a while and found that my shoulder hated that. I think you'd see some success with some myofascial stretching tho. I'm kinda on a kick with it as I just started taking it seriously and it has paid off within two days I feel.

Does it only hurt with horizontal pressing? I think God made horizontal pressing for the sole reason of inflating egos and injuring shoulders.

f=ma
07-01-2010, 03:04 AM
Does it only hurt with horizontal pressing? I think God made horizontal pressing for the sole reason of inflating egos and injuring shoulders.

it doesnt hurt at all.. it just isnt normal. meaning that i can feel a painless irregularity. difficult to describe... it very well may be an imbalance with my posterior and anterior delts. just as easily could be all messed up from wide grip benching.... dont know :(

Joe Black
07-01-2010, 04:43 AM
Stay patient and disciplined with the diet (as you know you can) and you're gonna rock some serious LBM and strength over the next few months!