PDA

View Full Version : audible click in shoulder?

thewicked
05-29-2010, 03:39 PM
been doing ALOT of benching lately and it seems I've developed a click in my right shoulder...

tightness? caused by uneven pressing or pressure during the press while performing it? could potentially be lack of shoulder development?

I feel it when I squeeze my shoulders blades together and come up to meet the bar..at the bottom of the press I feel it click. Anyone else experience this?

Clifford Gillmore
05-29-2010, 03:52 PM
I've had one for years when I do side laterals in my left shoulder, if I do YTLs or what ever + dislocates it doesn't seem to come up. I started doing shoulder traction with a light band about 2 months ago, I havn't seen a difference.

I need to go to a physio, buy I'm like everyone else - too busy training and working :/

JK1
05-30-2010, 07:54 AM
been doing ALOT of benching lately and it seems I've developed a click in my right shoulder...

tightness? caused by uneven pressing or pressure during the press while performing it? could potentially be lack of shoulder development?

I feel it when I squeeze my shoulders blades together and come up to meet the bar..at the bottom of the press I feel it click. Anyone else experience this?

Not exactly the same, but something similar. I've had it for years in both shoulders. As long as there isn't any pain or discomfort with the range of motion, I wouldn't worry about it.

joey54
05-31-2010, 08:39 AM
I got one after I tore my Labrum(partial tear) and it remains there today. The thing is probably still partially torn.

Gugunir
06-02-2010, 09:06 AM
I have the same issue with my right shoulder. Probably due to beating it up and the two pec strains I incurred in 09. I started adding in ext int rotation and strengthening my rear delts and scapula. Along side that I did a lot of shoulder stability work with blast straps, ex ball, med balls etc. Its better but I always have to really stay tight flare my lats and really try to tear the bar apart or it will click even with just and empty bar

ehubbard
06-03-2010, 06:29 AM
I had this issue prior to tearing my labrum so it should not be ignored. At first it didnt hurt and then the clicking became a crunching. Things that have helped me lift pain free after tearing a labrum :

Foam Roll Upper and Mid Back
Lacrosse Ball to Rotator Cuff musculature
Internal External ROM stretches (sleeper stretch, side lying Int/Ext stretching)
Lots of Upper Back work (face pulls, scap pushups, side lying extension rotation, prone trap raises, H Rolls)