PDA

View Full Version : Maintaining a proper cutting diet while working on an ambulance.

FREAKZILLA
06-01-2010, 03:51 PM
I currently work for a private ambulance company here in Los Angeles. I work nights 4 times a week, usually 1800 to 600. Some days we are extremely busy and run call after call. Maybe getting 30 minutes of sleep at the most. Other nights we will run one call and literally sleep for 6 hours in our rigs. Prior to working on the rig I would eat my first meal at 600am and my last meal at 11pm, but now with the unpredictable sleep schedule I have, when I come home sometimes I sleep until 3pm so my eating schedule is all out of tune.

My new plan is to hit the gym when I get off at 6am and do about 40 minutes of cardio and head home to sleep. If I can sleep from 7 to 12 pm that 5 hours, then I can head back to the gym for some weight training and more cardio. I am looking to for some advice on what I should eat late at night, should I eat protein rich foods? or just calorie dense foods with high fiber such as veggies? and is 5 hours of sleep enough for my body to heal?

seK
06-01-2010, 04:38 PM
What are you goals?

FREAKZILLA
06-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Burn fat and limit muscle loss. I know the muscle loss is unstoppable but I want to limit it as much as possible.

shipdadip
06-01-2010, 08:23 PM
I think you need more sleep than 5 hours. if you have downtime bring a jump rope with you to work and do some cardio outside of the ambulance. I think you should only go to the gym once per day just for the sake of your time.