Height 5'7"
Weight 145

Bench 125x5
Squat 200x5
Deadlift 210x5
Pull-ups-5

Age 15

Supplements whey and creatine

Anyone know of a good program for baseball players that will get me a lot stronger?

bojackson
06-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Keep doing the basic compund lifts. I train athletes from various sports, and there is not a specific workout for "baseball" or any other sport. there are howeve,r specific drills that improve various sports. we have athletes that play 3 different sports. at first the baseball and basketball coach balked at us working the kids out with a "football" workout. now you couldnt get them to do anything different. they love it. they have all seen there respective sports have success as all of the kids have gotten stronger. just keep doing what you are doing, do the drills the baseball coach wants you to do and you will be fine. at your age, i would add some high rep shoulder execises. we have found these to be a preventitive measure for arm issues down the road. and do TONS of core work. good luck!

Height 5'7"
Weight 145

Bench 125x5
Squat 200x5
Deadlift 210x5
Pull-ups-5

Age 15

Anyone know of a good program for baseball players that will get me a lot stronger?

joemeglio
07-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Check out my article on Elitefts.com on training for baseball players. I have a sample program in there that should get you going. Let me know if you have any questions or need any more info. Look foward to connecting with you soon.

http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/training-articles/why-baseball-players-should-be-strong-as-hell/

Height 5'7"
Weight 145

Bench 125x5
Squat 200x5
Deadlift 210x5
Pull-ups-5

Age 15

mchicia1
10-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Posterior chain = most important thing for a baseball player, especially a pitcher. A lot of rowing, deadlifting, squats. You can mix in presses every now and again but don't go overboard.

If I had only known this in college when I played :(.

LanceGoyke
10-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Being able to control and effectively position your scapular is a HUGE deal for baseball guys. Make sure you can properly row, and do face pulls and push ups.

You also need trunk stability, so do planks, side bridges, push ups, diagonal cable lifts/chops.

Trunk stability won't mean dick to your pitching and hitting power if you're weak, though. Make sure you pick up big, compound lifts. Do your deadlifts, squats, rows, pull ups... and watch out for pressing, as it will probably get you hurt. I would stay away from regular barbells as much as I could if I were you. Look for a safety squat bar, swiss bar, or dumbbells.