PDA

View Full Version : 3 Muscle Building Snacks on the Go - Newsletter Article

Joe Black
06-03-2010, 07:04 AM
by Mike Arone

So if you are like every other person in the universe, youíre on the go all the time. Who has time to cook every meal or stop and sit down to eat? Not you, thatís for sure. It is very difficult to meet or maintain the right amount of macronutrients for the day when you're always on the go.

Well, donít sweat it! Here are 3 snacks that you can grab in a hurry to not only fulfill those requirements, but also keep your metabolism revving throughout the day.

1. Handful of almonds and an apple

It doesnít get much easier than this. A handful of almonds (2 oz) can provide you with heart healthy monosaturated fats, as well as 12 grams of muscle-building protein to get you through the day. Add in an apple and you have yourself a low-glycemic fruit thatís loaded with fiber to help speed up your metabolism and provide you with energy. These two foods, when combined together, make up a complete meal with a solid ratio of protein, fat and carbohydrates.

2. Greek yogurt (plain) with blueberries

Greek yogurt is a low-carbohydrate/low sodium snack that is packed with 15 grams of quality protein. Add in a handful of blueberries and not only do you have a muscle-building snack, but one that is loaded with powerful antioxidants that aid in clearing free radicals preventing damage to your cells. Not to mention, blueberries are a low sugar/ high fiber fruit that can suppress your sweet tooth without any guilt.

http://www.wannabebig.com/newsletter/img/content/blueberry.jpg

Blueberries are a low sugar/ high fiber fruit and loaded with powerful antioxidants

3. Nitrean Protein Shake

Mix it with water, skim milkÖhell, take it straight from the container! Itís that good! Because Nitrean (http://atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=1) has both a quality blend of fast-absorbing proteins (whey) and slow-absorbing proteins (casein), you can assure that you will fulfill your protein needs almost immediately, yet keep a steady ďtrickleĒ of amino acids that will last until your next meal. It is the most reliable choice for an anytime protein.

These are just a few ideas for muscle-building snacks on the go. So next time youíre flying around like a maniac, youíve got yourself some quality, protein-packed snacks to insure you stay on track with your fitness goals.

------------------

This exclusive article (and others) can be found in the latest Wannabebig Serious About Muscle Newsletter - June 3rd, 2010 (http://www.wannabebig.com/newsletter/060310.html)

You can sign up here - Wannabebig Newsletter Sign Up (http://www.wannabebig.com/wannabebig-newsletter/)

Lones Green
06-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Pretty cool idea for an article. I'd be interested in seeing a couple more like this, I'm always up for ideas for easy snacks to throw in my cooler.

ChristopherG.EU
06-06-2010, 04:14 AM
Two dips and a plate of raw veggies (also known as cruditťs). Sliced carrots, pepper strips, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower and tomatoes.

Raw veggies are a great way to sit back and snack to your heartís content. You will give your body loads of fiber, rich carbohydrates and phytonutrients. I also make my own dips to go with the veggies.

1. Tangy Garlic Dip

1 cup of fat free sour cream
2 tablespoons fat free mayonnaise
Juice of one lime
A half teaspoon of low salt garlic powder
Some ground black pepper

This recipe makes 18 servings. If you count a teaspoon as a serving, you will get 1g protein, 3g carbohydrates and zero fat, for a measly total of 15 calories!

2. Balsamic Dip

2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon of honey mustard
A half teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
Some ground black pepper

This recipe makes one serving. Per serving you get, zero proteins, 10g carbohydrates and 2g total fat, of which half a gram is saturated. In addition, a total calories count of 70 calories. Mix the ingredients and enjoy with your veggie snack.

shipdadip
06-06-2010, 05:53 PM
I dunno yogurt is good but I don't think of it as an on the go food at all. It should be kept cool and you need a spoon to eat it. Trail mix is a good on the go food.