PDA

View Full Version : Grocery List

AiCPearlJamWeen
06-03-2010, 07:29 AM
Hello all,

So I am writing this with hopes of finding the right groceries for a complete diet. I've been in a HUGE slump lately with my working out and have noticed with my eating too. I haven't lifted in three weeks and have lost 15-20 lbs of muscle already. I've also noticed in the past three weeks I haven't been eating a complete diet (veggies, fruits etc.). I ordered some thermocin about five weeks ago, took two days worth of it and then that night my room mates threw a party. The next morning it was gone and I've looked everywhere (I keep it on top of my fridge, towards the front) and haven't found it. I believe somebody stole it (there were a few high school wrestlers in the house) but that isn't the point, the point is I don't have the money to buy some more right now.

SO with that being said I don't want to get fat again and I'm hitting the gym hard in the next few weeks and then I plan on tapering off a little bit to focus on fat loss (when I can afford some thermocin and nitrean again, dammit).

So if I want to get back on track with a complete diet could you guys help make my grocery list? I plan on eating a lot of chicken and fish, keeping red meats to a minimum but not completely out. I also plan on eating three meals a day (eggs/ham for breakfast with whole grain bread, lunch and dinner).

So far I plan on buying:

Broccoli
Chicken
Uncle Ben's Wild Brown/Grain Rice
Apples
Baby Carrots
Some whole grain bread
Greek natural yogurt
Bananas
Tuna
Eggs
1% Milk
Green Tea (for breakfast)
Low fat mayo
Orange juice
Salad Greens/Spinach greens

Other than that I don't know what else could help me achieve a complete diet. Does anyone have any opinions? I plan to make chicken/rice dinners and tuna for lunch. Any easy recipes you guys recommend?

Boomer89
06-03-2010, 09:29 AM
I personally like to add a little variety to my diet or I go absolutely insane. Whole wheat pita, Olive oil, Hummus are the only things I would add to your list myself haha.

As for chicken, you can simply cook it in a pan. It only takes about 15 minutes and is full of flavor. Just put down 3-5 Tbsp of Olive oil, 1/3 Tbsp butter, some minced garlic and heat it up (low-med heat) for a bit then mix it together (almost like you're browning the garlic). Then to prep the chicken with your preferred seasonings (McCormick has great chicken seasoning, same with Lawry's seasoning salt, Cayenne is good with either, and same with ground ginger) and rub the seasoning into the meat. Then just put it in the pan, covered on low-med heat for however long (5-8 minutes I would guess. I usually just ballpark it) then flip it once and cover again for 3-5 minutes (less time than before). Turns out very juicy and flavorful. It works well with chicken thigh, steak, fish, pretty much any meat. I've actually started putting the meat into sandwiches and experimenting with different veggies in the pan as well. Portabella mushrooms work fantastically.

AiCPearlJamWeen
06-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Whole wheat pita's, good thinking. I went to the Culinary Institute of America for a couple semesters so I have some good chicken recipes, I'm planning on making some good chicken salad with diced apple, grapes and walnuts. I read recently in a REPS Magazine that eating an apple before lunch and dinner can help shed fat too. It's a magazine based on the "Science of Working Out" so I'm going to try and incorporate an apple before two meals.

Boomer89
06-03-2010, 03:40 PM
You know, if you're ever itching to share recipes, I like cooking and am really sick of eating the same thing all the time... lol. I'll probably give that salad you mentioned a try later this week haha

But uhh, I don't know so much about the apples. I don't know enough to give "expert advice" or anything, but my understanding of glycemic index and insulin has been that if you eat simple sugar (found in fruit), insulin spikes, and insulin facilitates the storage of energy for later (energy --> fat).

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but I usually end up avoiding fruit and sugar on the principle unless it's a time my body actually needs it, like before/during strenuous activity or immediately in the morning for breakfast

seK
06-03-2010, 04:04 PM
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46565