PDA

View Full Version : consumer reports study

raindutch
06-03-2010, 03:58 PM
i just read an article in consumer reports about protein drinks and powders. according to their report a lot of the drinks and powders have several heavy metels in them causing great concern. they do not mention nitrean. do you know how nitrean stacks up as far a heavy metels go. they mention arsenic,cadmium,lead,mercury.

have you had yours tested and does it contain any of these.. it has always been my understanding that all protein powders come from about 3-4 sources

thanks

dutch schultz

chris mason
06-03-2010, 04:32 PM
Our products are manufactured in a GMP compliant facility. That means the individual ingredients are tested as they come in, and the final products are tested prior to going out. I can't remember everything that is checked for, but I know lead is one of them. I am confident in saying our products are very safe with respect to any contaminants.

Cmanuel
06-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Got a link to this article? As someone doing graduate studies in food safety, I wouldn't mind taking a look at it.

What i've learned over the last few years is that 90% of all the crap you see in the media concerning food safety is blown waaaayyy out of proportion.

Bosch232
06-03-2010, 09:37 PM
What i've learned over the last few years is that 90% of all the crap you see in the media concerning food safety is blown waaaayyy out of proportion.

My suspicions, verified.

Herron
06-04-2010, 07:13 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37458720/

dynamo
06-04-2010, 09:39 PM
lol I saw this article and my step dad told me how it says I don't the protein, and how it has all this bad stuff in it. I just dont like this kind of stuff, its a lot of misinformation and generalized across industries. If I remember correctly every product they tested in general sucks, and every company who makes those products sucks too. too bad they didn't get the anaconda protocol in there :P

Steve Colescott
06-04-2010, 09:59 PM
As someone doing graduate studies in food safety

Out of curiousity, what are the big food safety concerns. I have a friend that did an internship with the health department as part of his nutrition degree, and his stories about chinese restaurants have me making my stir-fry at home.