PDA

View Full Version : Ropes Gone Wild

texron
06-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Any of you ever try the workout above. I bought me a 45' piece of 1.5" Manila rope and just did 20 minutes of it and 15 minutes of Sled pushes. I then visited the vomit bucket. 30 minurtes later I'm still sweating and my pulse is in the low 100's. great GPP workout.

Sensei
06-05-2010, 11:12 AM
There are a lot of ropes programs out there now. I think John Brookfield was the first to put the idea out there, but I could be wrong.

I think it's great, but, as w. any kind of GPP, great for what? If it's GPP for GPP, then anything is good. If it's towards a specific purpose, then maybe, maybe not.

texron
06-05-2010, 11:20 AM
There are a lot of ropes programs out there now. I think John Brookfield was the first to put the idea out there, but I could be wrong.

I think it's great, but, as w. any kind of GPP, great for what? If it's GPP for GPP, then anything is good. If it's towards a specific purpose, then maybe, maybe not.

No purpose other than to get in shape. I'm 50 and looking for "interesting" ways to stay fit in addition to my powerlifting. You are correct that Brookfield came up with the idea. I found it fun in a hellish nightmare sort of way

Travis Bell
06-05-2010, 12:43 PM
I've talked to several lifters who said that using the rope really helped shoulder mobility and stability. Similar to how the indian clubs did.

texron
06-05-2010, 04:50 PM
I've talked to several lifters who said that using the rope really helped shoulder mobility and stability. Similar to how the indian clubs did.

I can believe that, also my sides are tight from doing "grapplers throw" with them. I can see how it would add some core stability as well

Maki Riddington
09-14-2010, 12:33 PM
They're fun to use at the end of a workout as a finisher. I use them for various reasons, but usually for arm and core conditioning for fighters.