PDA

View Full Version : Video of some of my raw benching from Saturday June 4, 2010

BigTallOx
06-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Its been a while since I posted a bench video here so I thought I'd post a few of my lifts from saturday's max effort session. I've been trying to improve my speed, in the past I've posted messages about my struggles with feeling weak if I don't decend really slow. I think I'm finally getting past that ( and I hope it shows in this video, lol ). If anybody has any suggestions to improve my technique please comment. I still struggle with my set up ( partly I think because the bench is just too short ). Also if anybody has any feelings about which bench shirt would be best for my style of benching please let me know ( I've been benching in a buddy's katana but it's loose and I'm sure it's not ideal for me, but I have learned a lot using it over the past year. )

SsVNKd7IXUA

EDITED

I was looking through some of my old videos and thought this was kind of cool, here's a video of me benching 315 back when I could first get it for 1 rep ( this video is basically the second time I ever benched 315 ).

lkJhhemDkmw

ScottYard
06-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Nice progress. keep at it!

I would try a METAL bash out. its has long sleeves and is modeled after Ano who is similar in build to you.

IronDiggy
06-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Nice dude. Holy **** you got long arms. Those hooks would be pretty much be lockout for me!

BigTallOx
06-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Nice dude. Holy **** you got long arms. Those hooks would be pretty much be lockout for me!

Yup, I've got a 7 foot wingspan.

NickAus
06-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Good progress BTO!!

Hard to tell but I think during the lift off you are not keeping your shoulder blades together- might want to talk to your lift off man.

Also I don't see any leg drive.

Once again good work!!

Brian Hopper
06-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Nice progress bro!!!!!!

BigTallOx
06-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Nice progress bro!!!!!!

Good progress BTO!!

Nice progress. keep at it!

Thanks.

Hard to tell but I think during the lift off you are not keeping your shoulder blades together- might want to talk to your lift off man.

OK

Also I don't see any leg drive.

Yeah, I haven't figured out the leg drive thing.

I would try a METAL bash out. its has long sleeves and is modeled after Ano who is similar in build to you.

I'll look into that. Thanks.

brauny96
06-09-2010, 12:27 PM
If I was you, since your legs are so long on the bench, I would set them out as wide as you can, rather than tuck them in or keep them out in front of you, you will get better leg drive that way and your ass wont come off the bench

Jake Impastato
07-11-2010, 04:25 PM
No doubt leg drive is an issue. Also your elbows need to stay tighter in to your body. If you could bench from a set of er racks, a power rack or some other combo rack that would help. You are practically doing half a bench from that standard rack height. You might be use to it but I assure you that it is taking away from your bench on every rep. Add that up for every set and every rep for one year and tell me if that is not alot of energy that could be directed towards benching. Start with those things and that's just a few things that will help. Next is to go to your training practices.

gmen5681
07-11-2010, 05:30 PM
holy **** you are tall, you are towering over everyone in that gym.