PDA

View Full Version : Question about meal plan

MadDogTuttle
05-08-2002, 03:20 PM
Hello board. I am trying to lose weight and was wondering if anyone knows any places online that can help me create a meal plan. Some thing like breaksfast: yadda yadda Meal 1: yadda yadda, something like that. I'm 6ft about 350 pounds. I started drinking at least a gallon of water a day about 2 weeks ago and stopped drinking soda and eating fast food but as you can tell by weight I'm not very knowledgeable about nutrition. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Behemoth
05-09-2002, 02:13 PM
You can find all the answers you need right here, just do a search for whatever your looking for.
To get you started you need to think about what kind of diet you wanna go on, really the only 2 I would suggest is atkins or a clean diet of 40/40/20 ratio of protein/carbs/fat. You need to make sure you eat 5-8 smaller meals a day and make sure they are clean healthy foods.
There is TONS more to dieting and hopefully others will also contribute, try searching for anything, it'll be a great help.

MadDogTuttle
05-09-2002, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

iLUDEd
05-14-2002, 11:52 PM
40/40/20 diet.. with calories around 2000.. have a search in the online journals for cutting diets.. i know ive posted mine in there, and others have 2..

Wizard
05-15-2002, 08:47 AM
Don't consume less than 3500 calories.. Eitherway you will screw up your metabolism.Slightly reduce them. (by 300 every week) until you reach the moment where you ll be losing no more than 3 pounds per week. Long term results are easier to be kept forever.
Eat foods like oatmeal,sweet potatoes,fruits,lean meats,eggs,some cheese (like 30g per day),yoghurt (low fat-low sugar),flax seed oil,olive oil,nuts,skim milk,veggies etc..

Keep on reading as much as you can in the diet forums and you ll learn very soon many things about how to create a successful meal plan,based on your needs.We have many good mofos that can help you. :D Do a search..

raniali
05-15-2002, 12:55 PM
Hey - having the motivation to diet is GREAT -- but don't forget that exercise (i.e., weight training and cardio) along with a good diet will create far more sigificant (and faster) results. If you are going to use the diets found here - keep in mind that these are created for gymrats.

And - whatever you do - just be consistent! That's the most important thing in trying to lose weight or gain muscle or whatever. Good luck!

MadDogTuttle
05-16-2002, 11:55 PM
This is what I've been eating since Monday.

breakfast- 2 xenadrine's. Bowl of cornflakes with one banana and two strawberries. reduced fat milk.

Meal2-two slices of wheat toast and one can of tuna.
2 more xenadrine's

Meal3-Two slices of turkey,one slice of cheese, one slice of tomato,lettuce,two slices of wheat bread. one apple.

Meal4- 1 cup brown rice, 1 chicken breast, 4 cherry tomatos.

Today I dropped the orange and added a tablespoon of peanut butter. I'm also gonna eat oatmeal instead of the bowl of cereal and add a cup of broccoli to meal 4. I've been run/walking for 15-20 minutes each day and drinking at least a gallon and a half of water a day.

Wizard
05-17-2002, 12:58 AM
I think that you need more calories..

TheScorpionKing
05-18-2002, 03:32 PM
i dont think you should be taking xenadrine at your weight.

Shao-LiN
05-18-2002, 04:07 PM
40/40/20 diet.. with calories around 2000.. have a search in the online journals for cutting diets.. i know ive posted mine in there, and others have 2..

I think that's a bit low on calories for his weight. I'd go no lower than 3500 calories to start out and then gradually work my way down as you lose weight.

iLUDEd
05-21-2002, 12:13 PM
ahh crap.. i misread his weight.. yeh id go with 3500 then slowly bring it down