PDA

View Full Version : Cutting and gaining strength... psychological barriers..

Eric Cartman
06-10-2010, 03:52 PM
My current goals are to lose about 10 lbs of fat and gain some strength during this cut cycle..

I have psychological problems with this:

1. If I do a good work-out and dont eat a lot, I feel Ive wasted my workout
2. I get hungry after workouts and want to eat a lot, and have trouble controlling myself
3. I get discouraged thinking "well after I lose this 10 lbs of fat, I'm just gonna gain it back anyhow during the next bulk cycle, so why bother"

I dont want to starve myself or I can't even recover from my workouts.. not sure how to control my appetite or deal with these issues.. my cuts often turn into bulks accidentally..

Anyone relate?

Behemoth
06-11-2010, 02:27 PM
1 - Well you should be eating a lot (relative to your daily intake) after you lift. Keep in a daily deficit, but don't starve yourself pre or post workout. That's a guarantee for losing strength.

2 - Buckle down and do it. The connotation that the hunger is after a workout is irrelevant. If you get hungry and indulge, you're spinning your wheels. Do it or don't.

3 - Because if you don't lose the fat now when you do bulk and put on more fat you'll have last bulks fat + next bulks fat. Don't bulk if you can't cut it off.

Elaborate on your diet. Sounds to me like maybe you're cutting calories way too hard. Strategic refeeds can help with fatloss and the mental aspect. Lets hear more about your diet.