PDA

View Full Version : Expired Weight Gainer... Still Good?

KaMz
06-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm going to need a little extra protein in my diet, and the only thing I have right now is some weight gainer that expired a while ago... What's the worst thing that can happen if I mix that stuff with milk?

Tom Mutaffis
06-11-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm going to need a little extra protein in my diet, and the only thing I have right now is some weight gainer that expired a while ago... What's the worst thing that can happen if I mix that stuff with milk?

It could taste bad, cause upset stomach, or perhaps provide no benefit.

Most 'weight gainer' shakes are a poor source of protein since many of them are simply whey concentrate or at best a 2:1 carbohydrate to protein ratio with moderate quality whey.

mike mcgee
06-15-2010, 05:58 AM
It could taste bad, cause upset stomach, or perhaps provide no benefit.

Most 'weight gainer' shakes are a poor source of protein since many of them are simply whey concentrate or at best a 2:1 carbohydrate to protein ratio with moderate quality whey.

Like Tom said. A lot of supplement stores will sell products at a discount that are getting ready to expire. The consensus seems to be that their effectiveness diminishes as they age.

You can buy protein anywhere now-a-days, from the grocery store to walmart. Why don't you just go out and grab a 2lb jug? You can get one for less than $20.00.