PDA

View Full Version : chocolate vs white milk

Dallen Hall
06-14-2010, 06:16 PM
ive heard all the rave about chocolate milk post workout, but why?
Isnt is basically the same?

ryuage
06-14-2010, 06:37 PM
tastes better

platypus
06-14-2010, 09:51 PM
yup. much easier to drink in mass quantities.

alexrock23
06-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Milk in general isn't really "good" for you after a certain age. In fact milk is one of the worst sources of calcium because it takes calcium in your body to break down the calcium in milk. Chocolate milk is going to be worse for you because it will have more calories from the added sugar to it from the chocolate

seK
06-15-2010, 01:38 AM
Milk in general isn't really "good" for you after a certain age. In fact milk is one of the worst sources of calcium because it takes calcium in your body to break down the calcium in milk. Chocolate milk is going to be worse for you because it will have more calories from the added sugar to it from the chocolate

Hmm I would love to take a look at some of your sources.

mike mcgee
06-15-2010, 05:44 AM
The reason chocolate milk is better for you PWO is the carbs.

Carbs:
Regular Milk - 12.9 calories
Chocolate Milk - 26 calories

check out this link: http://www.uamshealth.com/?id=5453&sid=1

There are a lot of myths about milk. We have been drinking milk for years, honestly it's not the milk that is the cause for today's health problems. Milk consumption can be broken down into two categories, those that can drink it and those that can't. If you can drink it, drink it. If you have an allergy or intolerance, then don't.

Dallen Hall
06-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Ive been drinking alot of white milk while trying to gain mass, just wondering whether I was missing out on anything or not.

patricky
06-16-2010, 04:23 AM
I use skim milk powder to get even more milk.
I drink 4.5 litres of milk a day and have never been healthier or stronger.
A lot of people have a mild milk intorerance and if they drink milk will lose their appetite.
If you can tolerate it you should drank vast quantities of it.
If it can double the size of a baby in one year, just imagine it's anabolic potential.
Don't believe the ******ed nomilk campains.

tnathletics2b
06-16-2010, 04:46 AM
If it can double the size of a baby in one year, just imagine it's anabolic potential.

I have a baby and she would get that big off of formula as well...not sure about that argument. I mean, don't get me wrong, I drink a lot of milk, I just don't think our bodies and the bodies of infants are comporable enough to make that a valid point.

patricky
06-16-2010, 05:21 AM
I have a baby and she would get that big off of formula as well...not sure about that argument. I mean, don't get me wrong, I drink a lot of milk, I just don't think our bodies and the bodies of infants are comporable enough to make that a valid point.

Baby formula is designed to mimic milk. It's just casein, whey and lactose with added vitamins and minerals.
Cencentrated cows milk is one of the ingredients.
Also it has been proven that babies are healthier and smarter when brestfed.
Milk = extremely anabolic.

tnathletics2b
06-16-2010, 06:10 AM
What I am saying is, I am not going to double my size in one year like a baby does. It is not a valid point. My wife drives a Yaris- just because that tiny car can drive 200 miles on 5 gallons of gas doesn't mean I can put 5 gallons in my Titan and expect it to go 200 miles. You just can't compare the two.

jreed110
06-16-2010, 09:52 AM
Baby formula is designed to mimic milk. It's just casein, whey and lactose with added vitamins and minerals.
Cencentrated cows milk is one of the ingredients.
Also it has been proven that babies are healthier and smarter when brestfed.
Milk = extremely anabolic.

And yet I don't think anyone here drinks breast milk or baby formula, so I don't quite understand what you're talking about.

patricky
06-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Jesus who ****ing cares. Just drink your damn milk.
Why are you even arguing about this?