PDA

View Full Version : I may be out of commission for a while!

mastermonster
06-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Tried to bench last night without much success. My left shoulder (the bad one) is not getting over this meet like normal. All movement hurts and the pain is sharper than usual. I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping because I can't get in a comfortable position for very long. Waking up about every 30-45 minutes or so. I went to my Ortho. Doc today and he's calling the Atlanta Falcon's team Doc to get advice on who we need to see about the latest advancements on re-surfacing or partial replacements that would let me continue competing and who should do it.. I know 2 PLers who made comebacks after the 'Hemi-cap' partial replacements 3 1/2-4 years ago. My Doc said there have been some new developements since then, so we're going to check things out. We knew this was coming. Just a matter of when. If we do this I'm dreading the surgery, re-hab, and the road back; but I'm looking forward to possibly not hurting all the time and being so limited in what moves and activities I can do. It has become a major lifestyle and training hinderance the last 2-3 years. I'll update things here as I know more.

Beverly McD.
06-16-2010, 07:57 AM
Good luck with it Buddy. Sounds like your doctor has some good connections, and that can make all the difference with your results.
Keep us informed.

stik
06-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Best wishes, Mr. Buddy!

chris mason
06-16-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything goes well.

IronDiggy
06-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Hope the surgery and everything goes well for you man!

Brian Hopper
06-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Damn that sucks Buddy, I hope everything goes well for you.

mastermonster
06-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Thanks everybody! I'll post back after I talk to the Doc tomarrow. I'm trying to think positively about it and focus on getting the rest of the team ready for their meets in September.

Ryano
06-17-2010, 05:11 AM
Wish you all the luck in the world Buddy. Modern medicine can work wonders now. I'm sure you'll come back.

MarkHennessey
06-17-2010, 12:03 PM
As you can tell, there's a bunch of big fans that want want you to heal up and get back on the platform. It's frustrating to deal with the injuries ~ I'm nursing my shoulder after bombing 705 at APC Nationals.

My prayers and support are with you! Hope all goes well and I see you in Nov.

mastermonster
06-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Wish you all the luck in the world Buddy. Modern medicine can work wonders now. I'm sure you'll come back.

Thanks Roger! I'm determined to keep competing for a long time to come!

mastermonster
06-17-2010, 06:30 PM
As you can tell, there's a bunch of big fans that want want you to heal up and get back on the platform. It's frustrating to deal with the injuries ~ I'm nursing my shoulder after bombing 705 at APC Nationals.

My prayers and support are with you! Hope all goes well and I see you in Nov.

Thanks Mark! It was good seeing you again at Seniors! Good luck getting your shoulder back to par too!

robchris
06-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Good luck to you Buddy... You are a survivor bro, and I know you'll come back stronger!
RC

mastermonster
06-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Good luck to you Buddy... You are a survivor bro, and I know you'll come back stronger!
RC

Thanks Rob!

mastermonster
06-26-2010, 01:43 AM
My latest update is that I'm going to UAB to Dr. Myers on Aug. 3rd (unless they get an earlier opening). Got to take my MRI from late 06 with me. I hope we get a break and an earlier appointment!

muscle_g
06-26-2010, 06:14 AM
Good luck with the shoulder!! I hope you heal up soon.

Brian Hopper
06-26-2010, 07:35 AM
Hopefully you will get some good news!!!

Rob Luyando
06-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Keep your head up Buddy! Good things happen to good people! You will be back no doubt in my mind! Best wishes to you

mastermonster
06-26-2010, 11:05 PM
G, Brian, and Rob; thanks! The well wishes mean a lot!