PDA

View Full Version : Applesauce

Budiak
05-09-2002, 01:39 AM
Dig it.

I'm assuming its just smashed ass apples...but I also wonder how many delightful chemicals the nice people at Treetop puts into my applesauce.

Do any of you eat this stuff? I'm sick and my mom brought me some...so I'm eating it like I've never eaten before...kinda because I havent really eaten in about 5 days. Eh. C'est la vie.

the doc
05-09-2002, 07:22 AM
good for being sick, but often has a lot of added sugar and or presevatives.
Also, no skins either (skin has a lot of nutrients and fibre as well

good luck feeling better man

Tryska
05-09-2002, 08:40 AM
what do the ingredients on the back say?

NateDogg
05-09-2002, 10:06 AM
When I was younger we used to make our own applesauce. Just took some apples, and had like this apple grinder thingy. Added some cinnamon, stuff was awesome! I might have to see if the machine thing is still around my folks house so I can start making it again. No chemicals, skin is in there, tastes awesome!

ND

the doc
05-09-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by NateDogg
When I was younger we used to make our own applesauce. Just took some apples, and had like this apple grinder thingy. Added some cinnamon, stuff was awesome! I might have to see if the machine thing is still around my folks house so I can start making it again. No chemicals, skin is in there, tastes awesome!

ND

cool, I be you could make it in a food processor

Budiak
05-09-2002, 08:34 PM
The label says apples, water, ascorbic acid(vit C).

I dont buy it.

Maki Riddington
05-09-2002, 08:42 PM
Apple sauce is for babies who are learning how to stray away from mommas titty.

Tryska
05-10-2002, 06:58 AM
i think it's okay budiak.

however if ya wanna be truly paro make mom make it from scratch.

IceRgrrl
05-10-2002, 07:29 AM
Just cut up some apples (peeled or unpeeled, depending on your preference), put them in a saucepan with a little bit of water, sweetener of your choice, and some cinnamon. Cook until the apples turn into applesauce (stir a lot, don't have the heat too high). It will still be a little chunky, but that way it doesn't have the consistency of baby food...

GL!