PDA

View Full Version : Briefs

texron
06-18-2010, 02:39 PM
I've decided I'd like to dive into trying gear. I found a pair of Inzer briefs on Craigslist $20 look brand new. Tried them today about 3 hours ago. DAMN, what a chore getting them on, good warmup. I think my max on squat is around 450 or so. I warmed up, went:
135x5
185x5
250x3
285x3
320x3
355x3
390x1
425x1
455x1
I know, too much, but it felt good, the reason for the post, I usually have some very sore hips after squatting. This is the first time in months that they don't hurt at all. Now I want a suit and shirt, I think I've gone over to the dark side. My wife saw me, said I looked like I was going to war, convict knee wraps for my elbows (Thanks Tom) wrist wraps, Belt, briefs, Cheapo knee wraps. Took longer to put on then it did to workout:)

texron
06-19-2010, 11:14 AM
No one wants to talk about my briefs..LOL

44pirate
06-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Breifs are a first step to gear. When I first started using briefs, they helped alot to keep hip pain away. Power pants work better. Its like wearing a squat suit without straps.

texron
06-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Breifs are a first step to gear. When I first started using briefs, they helped alot to keep hip pain away. Power pants work better. Its like wearing a squat suit without straps.

Power pants? I'll check them out, thanks

mastermonster
06-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Almost any Legged brief out there will give more carryover than Power pants. If you want to stay single ply I'd suggest Titan Centurions. Easier to get on than the power pants too. If your goal is only relieving hip strain then any of them will do. If you're going to get them and compete, you might as well get the most carryover. It would suck to lose by 15-20 lbs. simply because he had on superior briefs under his suit. Good luck!

StLRPh
06-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Do groove briefs give any carryover? If I squat wide I get a little sore in the hips and have been looking at these or power pants as an option.

Liftersize
06-19-2010, 02:38 PM
StLRPh i got power pants and i wouldn't reccomend them or any gear if you are doing raw lifting. Its fun because they gave me at least 30 lbs on my squat, but then next time i squatted it was so much harder to get out of the hole and it changed my groove a little bit. If your hips are sore i would just bring your stance in a little.

texron
06-19-2010, 04:56 PM
StLRPh i got power pants and i wouldn't reccomend them or any gear if you are doing raw lifting. Its fun because they gave me at least 30 lbs on my squat, but then next time i squatted it was so much harder to get out of the hole and it changed my groove a little bit. If your hips are sore i would just bring your stance in a little.

I plan on competing at some point this year, bringing my stance in MAY help, but not as much as if I was 20 years younger :), all the years of squatting haven't helped.

44pirate
06-20-2010, 05:30 AM
http://www.inzernet.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=11&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&iLevel=1

If you look at the first pic, to me those are briefs, the third is a power pants. It was harder to get the briefs on then the Power Pants. The power pants gave me more carryover.
Almost any Legged brief out there will give more carryover than Power pants. If you want to stay single ply I'd suggest Titan Centurions. Easier to get on than the power pants too. If your goal is only relieving hip strain then any of them will do. If you're going to get them and compete, you might as well get the most carryover. It would suck to lose by 15-20 lbs. simply because he had on superior briefs under his suit. Good luck!
Not sure if you have the names mixed up here.

AdamBAG
06-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Welcome to the darkside!!!!!!!

How many layers of fabric? If it's two layers sown together then what you have is Predator Briefs made by Inzer. I think they also make a single ply brief like in the link from 44pirate.

For your first meet in gear I would suggest not going crazy with gear. Just keep what you've got and either add a suit over it for multi-ply or just get a suit for single-ply. Check the rules of the federation putting on the meet you are doing.

texron
06-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the darkside!!!!!!!

How many layers of fabric? If it's two layers sown together then what you have is Predator Briefs made by Inzer. I think they also make a single ply brief like in the link from 44pirate.

For your first meet in gear I would suggest not going crazy with gear. Just keep what you've got and either add a suit over it for multi-ply or just get a suit for single-ply. Check the rules of the federation putting on the meet you are doing.

They are single ply briefs. Adam, what federation has the most presence here in Texas

AdamBAG
06-21-2010, 08:38 AM
They are single ply briefs. Adam, what federation has the most presence here in Texas

Texas is a great state for powerlifting. You've got many options as far as federations.

For full meets close to the DFW area you have: APF, SPF, USAPL, NASA. These are at least the ones that I see the most around here.

BloodandThunder
06-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Pick up an old centurion. With the straps down, it pretty much is a pair of briefs and even if it's a few years old, will give you decent carryover (I get at least 100 out of mine which is around 7 years old). Also, you can use it in pretty much any federation (single or multi). Then proceed to whore it up as much as you'd like lol