PDA

View Full Version : What's up?

vdizenzo
06-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Hey boys, just trying to catch up. I have been distracted lately. I am also completely self absorbed. Sometimes you have to be that way when you are trying to reach a goal. I'm a week out from my cut to make 242's for the IPA Worlds. I'm 260 right now which is exactly where I wanted to be. I'm feeling pretty good, but this has been a long 16 weeks process. I'm looking forward to competing and taking a little bit of a break from serious dieting.

Anyway, I just wanted to get you all up to date. I would also love to see what everyone else is up to.

IronDiggy
06-18-2010, 11:49 PM
Best of luck with your cut and worlds!

I just lifted in provincials. Bombed out on bench but set PR's in squat and deads, so not such a bad thing. Just gotta go back to the drawing board on bench.

AJ Roberts
06-19-2010, 12:32 AM
Dude that fact that you are 260 right now is insane. Total respect for doing what you have done bro. As for me i'm heading the other way, trying to get to 320 for the pro am and cut to 308.

RalphL
06-19-2010, 02:00 AM
good luck vinny

-frank/ralph

rinse
06-19-2010, 06:21 AM
Dude that fact that you are 260 right now is insane. Total respect for doing what you have done bro. As for me i'm heading the other way, trying to get to 320 for the pro am and cut to 308.

What do you weigh now AJ? 320 is pretty big:)

I just bombed out in the bench at WPC Europeans last sunday. Lots of stuff sucked but in the end if I had done a thing or two diffrent I would have done much better.

Good luck with your competition Vinny. Do you have any specific goal for this one?

AdamBAG
06-19-2010, 06:48 AM
Vincent, your weight loss is amazing. You are still benching 2 x BW in most of your workouts raw. That's really impressive!

Right now I am coasting on my benching and still trying to rehab my back with 531.

robchris
06-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Thats awesome Vinny... Getting down to 242's has got to be tuff!!!

I see you did 495 raw then 725 w/ the ace... Pretty d*** inpressive considering your recent weight lose!

I'm currently training for an APF P/P meet in Sept. lookin' the bench in the mid-4's and pull at least 585 to 600 @ 242.

Travis Bell
06-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Way to go Vincent! The mental toughness it took to stay on that diet all the way is very respectable.

Good luck at Worlds! I'm looking forward to what you can put up.

44pirate
06-19-2010, 10:57 AM
May 24th I set a record for 242 50-54 bench in the APA-WPA. Raw bench 415. Also was record for Florida State.

shocker4221
06-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Good luck!

mastermonster
06-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Good luck Vinnie!

SELK
06-19-2010, 01:51 PM
I know a little bit about how you feel Vincent.. Ive been working with shelby as well trying to move from the 242s (i was a bit over 250) to the 220s. Not near as big of a weight loss as you but it still sucks haha. I am only 6 weeks in and it feels like its been 6 years some days.

vdizenzo
06-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Best of luck with your cut and worlds!

I just lifted in provincials. Bombed out on bench but set PR's in squat and deads, so not such a bad thing. Just gotta go back to the drawing board on bench.

Congrats on the pr's. It's ok to bomb once in a while as long as you take the time to learn from it.

AJ, Rhodes and I were talking about what a great job you are doing ruining yourself. Just kidding. Bulking serves a great purpose. Enjoy it.

What do you weigh now AJ? 320 is pretty big:)

I just bombed out in the bench at WPC Europeans last sunday. Lots of stuff sucked but in the end if I had done a thing or two diffrent I would have done much better.

Good luck with your competition Vinny. Do you have any specific goal for this one?

Keep learning! If you had a good training cycle you should try and find a meet that you can jump right back into. No reason to waste a good training cycle on a bad day.

My goals are simple for this meet. I want to make 242's and get within the current top 10. A 705 should do the trick. Anything over that is icing on the cake. Mmmmmmm cake!

Vincent, your weight loss is amazing. You are still benching 2 x BW in most of your workouts raw. That's really impressive!

Right now I am coasting on my benching and still trying to rehab my back with 531.

Good luck with your back. Do the little things. Good livin and rehab will go a long way with your back.

Yeah, 495 still feels relatively comfortable. I'll be excited to take a raw training cycle to see the difference between benching at 328 and 242 which is reallyy 260.

Thats awesome Vinny... Getting down to 242's has got to be tuff!!!

I see you did 495 raw then 725 w/ the ace... Pretty d*** inpressive considering your recent weight lose!

I'm currently training for an APF P/P meet in Sept. lookin' the bench in the mid-4's and pull at least 585 to 600 @ 242.

Thanks and good luck in your meet. Those are some solid numbers at 242.

Way to go Vincent! The mental toughness it took to stay on that diet all the way is very respectable.

Good luck at Worlds! I'm looking forward to what you can put up.

A 16 week cut is a bit tough, but it served its purpose. Thanks Trav. I look forward to seeing what I can bench also.

May 24th I set a record for 242 50-54 bench in the APA-WPA. Raw bench 415. Also was record for Florida State.

That's an amazing bench. You give me hope for my 50's. Congrats on the record.

I know a little bit about how you feel Vincent.. Ive been working with shelby as well trying to move from the 242s (i was a bit over 250) to the 220s. Not near as big of a weight loss as you but it still sucks haha. I am only 6 weeks in and it feels like its been 6 years some days.

At 6 weeks it should go easier. Keep yourself away from situations where you'll be aroun food. I have not cheated in 16 weeks, other than those I was told to have by Shelby. It was only about 6 meals out of 16 weeks. I get through it by having healthy cheat meals like a really expensive good cut of steak once in a while. One of the things that has saved me is that I freeze my evening Nitrean shake and put a 1/4 cup of almonds in there.

There are going to be weeks where you look like you made no progress and look like crap, Then things will just take off. Once you get to a good place things start changing pretty rapidly, it just takes a while. Hang in there, it's worth it.

rinse
06-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Well thanks Vincent but there isn't any WPC comps in Sweden and traveling to another country right now is out of question. I will just focus on getting some good lifts together at the WPC worlds in November. Getting a good total will hopefully get me in at a big meet in Finland next year.

SELK
06-20-2010, 11:29 AM
At 6 weeks it should go easier. Keep yourself away from situations where you'll be aroun food. I have not cheated in 16 weeks, other than those I was told to have by Shelby. It was only about 6 meals out of 16 weeks. I get through it by having healthy cheat meals like a really expensive good cut of steak once in a while. One of the things that has saved me is that I freeze my evening Nitrean shake and put a 1/4 cup of almonds in there.

There are going to be weeks where you look like you made no progress and look like crap, Then things will just take off. Once you get to a good place things start changing pretty rapidly, it just takes a while. Hang in there, it's worth it.

thanks for the advice Vincent, i just hope i can get results as good as yours.! Shelby hasn't given me a cheat meal in the first 6 weeks but that doesn't bother me, its more the lower energy throughout the day which gets to me. I am making some good progress though and know the 220lbs weight class is better for me considering the lack of muscle i have haha.

Steve Colescott
06-20-2010, 11:42 AM
Vinnie,

I'd love to see pics/video from the IPA Worlds as well as a glance at your new conditioning. Is it a big enough change that people (clerks at stores you frequent, etc.) are not recognizing you by face? How goes being lighter feel?

-Steve

gmen5681
06-20-2010, 12:01 PM
he posted this up on elite on the 13th
http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=122580&tid=186

dynamo
06-20-2010, 01:06 PM
sick work. i'd love to get in a fight with you just to see how much it would hurt ;)

NickW
06-20-2010, 05:40 PM
You look great Vin!

scott rowe
06-20-2010, 06:37 PM
see you there vin, but not lifting

Rob Luyando
06-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Vincent I hate you! For every lbs you throw away I seem to find. Holding steadty at 300 and to think I held the all time 220 record. Impressed with your progress you look great! Best of luck to you at worlds!

chris mason
06-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Man, what a difference Vincent! You now have a waist... still no neck... Lol. Seriously, BIG difference! You look great!

vdizenzo
06-21-2010, 08:59 PM
You guys are making me blush. Seriously, the words of encouragement help a great deal. This has been a tough process. Started with the cut today from 259. I'm used to drinking a gallon of fluids a day, but going over two is brutal. I'm sipping in crystal light now and all I want to do is go to bed. Just a few days to go until the easy part--the lifting.

evilxxx
06-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Good luck at the worlds and great job with the dieting..it sure takes a lot of discipline to stay in a good weight loss diet...

Steve Colescott
06-22-2010, 12:29 AM
sick work. i'd love to get in a fight with you just to see how much it would hurt ;)

Comedian Emo Phillips had an old joke. A huge guy comes up to him and says, "I"M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU!!!"

Phillips replies, "Oh yeah? Well you'll be sorrrry."

Big angry guy says, "Yeah? How come?"

Phillips: "Well, you won't really be able to get into the corners very well..."

Tim K
06-23-2010, 06:34 PM
You've made incredible progress on your cut Vinny! Losing weight while maintaining strength - probably one of the hardest things to do. Can't wait to see what numbers you put up this weekend. You've done all your homework. The test should be easy.