PDA

View Full Version : Bench Form Check

ehopkins932
06-20-2010, 05:51 PM
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/The_Teen_Titan/?action=view&current=video-2010-06-18-17-03-02.mp4&newest=1

Looks to me like Im not getting very much leg drive. I know my shoulders came untucked on the 3rd rep too.

Anyone have advice?

Counterweight
06-20-2010, 08:36 PM
You need to press your legs so you get insane pressure on your traps and such. When you got under the bar you used your head to form an arch, then dropped to your shoulders. Start with your shoulders, put as much pressure on them as possible, then bring your legs into it.

This is coming from someone of very similar stats i.e. 195x6 bench.

f=ma
06-21-2010, 05:21 AM
i get better leg drive from keeping my feet flat. i can contract my glutes more...

marleau
06-21-2010, 09:01 AM
yea, man you arch your back hella a lot. i keep mine flat, just preferance i think.

mchicia1
06-21-2010, 01:25 PM
No, you stay tight and tucked the entire time....I am not an expert, but I see nothing wrong there.

I know that my bench feels a lot better now after lowering my arch and benching flat footed now though....Tough to get stable when you are on your toes IMO.

Honestly, with the way you bench I would lower the reps and up the weight...I know I wouldn't be able to hold 5-6 reps in that state at all.

fixationdarknes
06-22-2010, 02:53 AM
My biggest problem would be benching to that music XD Need some heavy metal electronic beats!

Jokes aside, I thought that looked pretty solid (although I'm not an expert bencher myself). I'd say I agree with the flat feet thing. I would feel too awkward and unstable otherwise.

mchicia1
06-22-2010, 08:20 AM
This is the way I see it...yeah you are cutting down your rom by a lot, but due to the way you setup, it seems you are handicapping your power. I would definitely try less of an arch and focus more on stability.

ehopkins932
06-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Ok, Ill was recommending to try moving my feet back even more before where they are now isn't doing much. If that doesn't work, Ill try flat-footed.

I just feel much more with that arch, I can get high up on my shoulders. That video it doesnt look like I did that very well at all.

HomelessTrainer
06-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Change the music, that might help.

But in all seriousness your back seems way to arched.

fasteddy
06-28-2010, 05:43 PM
i think u r doing everything right, the more arch means shorter distance and higher on traps, if anything drive your heels to the floor and u will get leg drive, even on toes, if u can't drive heels to floor move feet forward a couple inches, keep elbows tucked as much as possible