PDA

View Full Version : Adding a ply to Boss briefs?

martin
06-24-2010, 08:05 AM
Hey everyone - I thought of all the people to ask you guys may be able to help.

I have been considering trying to make my boss breifs triple ply. I have some boss briefs in a 46/48 size and also a size 44 pair of single ply nxg briefs.

They are both nearly exaclty the same size.

I could put the single ply ones inside the boss briefs and turn the inside out and grid stitch them together. If need be (for fed rules) I could remove all the seams from the single ply and basically just grid stitch all the pannels on.

Do you think this would work ok? I guess this is all triple ply briefs are right?

If you're wondering why - I don;t find the breifs give me what they could do. A little more support may help alot.

Thanks

Martin

douglasoh5
06-24-2010, 01:17 PM
Sounds like some gangsta briefs give it a try but I would have a back up brief incase you mess these up

mastermonster
06-24-2010, 05:58 PM
If you are not getting enough support out of Boss briefs you are wearing them way too loose. It will take a lot of weight to hit depth in just Boss briefs if you are wearing the right size. If they are that big maybe the extra will at least fill in some of the slack.

martin
06-25-2010, 10:20 AM
If you are not getting enough support out of Boss briefs you are wearing them way too loose. It will take a lot of weight to hit depth in just Boss briefs if you are wearing the right size. If they are that big maybe the extra will at least fill in some of the slack.

It does take quite a bit to hit depth in, and they are tight.

I have a size 48 with the hips taken in. Do you think having hte waist line tight would make a difference? Mine flare out after the hip area and they are loose around the mid/upper waist?

AdamBAG
06-25-2010, 11:32 AM

I have a size 48 with the hips taken in. Do you think having hte waist line tight would make a difference? Mine flare out after the hip area and they are loose around the mid/upper waist?

Martin, I think they may just be too big. I'm pretty sure that one of my training partners wears a 46 and he is a 275er/308er.

I'd get the hips/legs tightened before I tried to sow a ply on.

mastermonster
06-25-2010, 01:32 PM
They don't need to be baggy at the waist, but they don't have to be overly tight there either. Be sure you get your belt around the waist of the briefs and cinch it tightly to clamp it down. That will add to the support also. They should take a few minutes to get on right if they are tight enough. I agree about getting them tightened instead of trying to add a ply.

martin
06-27-2010, 05:04 AM
Cheers guys. I may try taking another half inch off the hips and take the waist in aswell first then.

I'll have a go and see what happens. They're gonna be a bitch to get in and out of though :)

Lones Green
06-27-2010, 06:28 AM
Cheers guys. I may try taking another half inch off the hips and take the waist in aswell first then.

I'll have a go and see what happens. They're gonna be a bitch to get in and out of though :)

Even if you did want the extra ply, you could just put the single ply briefs on first, throw suit slippers over those then throw on your Boss briefs.

I'm a 308, and my problem is I can never get briefs over my legs...I think I tried a 52 Boss brief and it was too small.

Brian Hopper
06-27-2010, 09:32 AM

You should try making it a little tighter from the waist on up. I wear a size 48 also and it's tight all the way from top to bottom. So, I would start with making that tighter before you try adding some more material to it.

theBarzeen
06-27-2010, 01:48 PM
I would try taking in each side 1/2 first, but leave the original seam, or at least the extra material ( maybe wear them inside out so the extra material doesn't dig in too bad) if that is too tight and you really do need to add a ply....... I've tried a few things and the only one that works is taking the whole thing apart, cutting new material ( or cannibalizing it from other gear) and sewing the plies together, then the garment back together.......... I did this when I was benching in a frantz poly that was too stretchy ( before Ernie relaxed about whose gear we wore down there).... I had a Titan F6 between 2 plies of frantz poly shirt........