PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Level Squat Briefs

Tom Mutaffis
06-24-2010, 08:18 AM
A friend of mine is looking to buy a pair of squat briefs for his gym training. He is about a 500-550 lbs raw squatter and has only used Inzer Power Pants in the past.

He is looking for something that will give him a bit of carryover and will be fairly easy to learn/hit depth.

What does everyone on here recommend?

martin
06-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Titan NXG+ single ply briefs would be a good start for not much cash.

MTlifter
06-24-2010, 11:55 AM
For just general lifting and not competing, I like Crain's double ply briefs. They don't change your groove and give plenty of support. I have had mine over 5 years and they haven't stretched out.

Lones Green
06-24-2010, 12:01 PM
I liked my Metal pro briefs. They lasted a long time, in fact I could still use them now.

They were very forgiving and soft and I didn't get much out of them. He could get them like 1 size too big and I think that'd be perfect

I'd stay way from Metal ace, Inzer predators, and Titan boss

douglasoh5
06-24-2010, 01:15 PM
What lones said. If worn tight enough the pros can be great. there very poppy is thats a word but not as crazy as the preds ace or boss

Brian Hopper
06-25-2010, 08:03 AM
I haven't tried much, but I would recommend Titan Super NXG+ Single-ply or Titan Boss briefs.

muscle_g
06-25-2010, 08:30 AM
I like the Inzer Powerpants myself. I feel they give pretty good carry over if they're tight. When I get my money togeather though I'm upgrading to the Predators.

AdamBAG
06-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Agreed. Metal pros are a good choice. I love mine. Haven't used the Titan single-plys, but I've heard they are a good training brief.

Another option might be to get a somewhat loose single-ply squat suit. There are likely a lot of used ones floating around and he could get one for cheap.

mastermonster
06-25-2010, 01:48 PM
For great briefs at a affordable price, get Titan Centurions. For the absolute best if you can part with the cost, go Tian Boss.

theBarzeen
06-27-2010, 01:53 PM
I'd go crain or frantz.... plus side is that a lot of guys still use those under their suits when they move up to canvas etc...

I agree that someone's old suit would be the best bet as the straps can just be left down or cut off when he moves in to a better suit.......

if he's a weird shape go Overkill 2-ply.... my 3-ply is a lot, but 2-ply once it's broken in isn't too hard to hit depth with anything more than a plate.....